Chapter 13

The Nation's Power Couple

[DECEMBER 30TH 2017]

Today marks the eight-year anniversary of the Nation's Power Couple. Fans from all over the world sent the couple lovely gifts and heartwarming messages. "Y/N, you and Donghae need to come to the company to see all these packages." Manager Kim said to the woman over the phone. She looked at her boyfriend who was still sleeping peacefully. "It's only 7 am." She pointed out "Yeah but Nation's Power Couple everyone loves you two and want you to accept their gifts. There are even fans waiting outside the company." "We'll be there." She hanged up the phone and sat up. "Hae, wake up." She shook him gently but he turned away from her. "Five more minutes baby." Y/N got up out of bed and washed up. 

The time was 7:35 am when Donghae decided to get up. He washed up and went to the kitchen. Y/N was making breakfast. "Y/N sit and relax." He said to her and she rolled her eyes. "I'm almost done." He wrapped his arm around her waist and said "I planned it out. I would be the one to make you breakfast in bed." She laughed and said, "Well your son/daughter was hungry so mama made food." He gave her a peck on the cheek. "Thank you for breakfast." He helped her set the table and they ate their food. "Manager Kim told us to stop by the company. Our amazing ELF and Peaches has sent us a lot of gifts and there are fans waiting for us outside the company." "What a great way to start our anniversary." He said and she smiled "Looking back at it now, I can't believe it took me so long to say yes to you." He smiled at her and said, "Well, you did play hard to get." "I did not!" "Babe, I asked you out in the beginning of December and it took you until the 30th to finally say yes to me." "I was suspicious. I was only 18 years old what would you want with me?" "A future." She groaned at his cheesiness and his smile grew wider. "I didn't give up! Amber told me about your crush on me so I knew we were destined to be together." "But if she didn't would you have given up?" She asked him "Nope." 

"Woah look at all the fans." She said as Donghae drove by the company. There was a banner that read "Happy Anniversary to the Power Couple!" "Look at some of the signs." Donghae pointed out "Everyone wants us to make babies." She said and he smirked, "Already done." "Fans cheered as they realized the power couple was driving by. Y/N waved and Donghae parked the car. They stepped out and smiled at the fans. "Thank you so much!" Y/N and Donghae said as they accepted gifts from the fans. "Stay happy!" "We love you!" "Get married!" "Have babies!" The fans said to them. Y/N and Donghae bowed and thanked the fans again. "Stay warm you guys!" She said to them and they waved bye to the couple as they entered the company. "Finally you guys made it." Manager Kim said, "Donghae wouldn't wake up." Y/N ratted the man out "Happy anniversary lovely couple!" Henry said to the couple who thanked him. "Damn look at all these gifts." He said, "I know." Y/N said there were many boxes and gift baskets for the couple. "We need help opening these." Donghae said, "I can help you guys." Henry said, "That would be great!" "I'll call more people to see if they are willing to help us." Y/N said 

Y/N, Donghae, Henry, Leeteuk, Amber, Krystal, Luna, and Eunhyuk were all in the practice room. With the help of the staff members in the company, all the gifts were moved into the practice room. "Woah look, someone, bought you guys a coffee machine," Amber said as she showed the couple the gift. "I wonder who asked for that." Y/N said looking at her boyfriend who smiled. "I love coffee." "You already got one from your member." Luna pointed out "Guilty as charged." Leeteuk said, "Aw someone made a photo album of you guys throughout the years." Krystal said and handed the album to Y/N. "Hae look at how young you were." She said to her boyfriend who frowned. "I'm still young!" Everyone laughed and she showed them the photo of 18 years old her and 23-year-old Donghae smiling at each other during a concert. "I remember that! It was when you were in the playing hard to get stage." Henry said and Donghae snapped his fingers. "I told you! I told you! You were playing hard to get! It was so obvious babe!" "Whatever." "What's the most recent photo?" Eunhyuk asked and Y/N flipped to the end of the photo album where it showed her and Donghae sitting together during MAMA. 

[LATER]

Y/N was still at the company while Donghae unloaded the gifts at home. "What did you plan for Donghae today?" Amber asked, "Your anniversary is trending." Luna said showing Y/N the hashtag "Shout out to BTS Kim Taehyung. Happy birthday, bro." Y/N said out of the blue. "Is our Y/N romantic?" Eunhyuk asked, "I didn't plan anything for him." Everyone gasped "Why?" "You guys know me. I'm bad at these types of stuff. I really want to do something sweet for him. But what can I do?" "Make him his favorite dinner." Krystal suggested, "No make a montage of all your guys moments!" Henry suggested, "Or do both." Luna said "Guys I don't know." Y/N groaned "Maybe what you both need is time together as a couple. Don't do anything over the top." Leeteuk said "I like the way you think!" Y/N said "Your lover boy is here." Eunhyuk said "Ready to go baby?" Donghae asked "Bye guys! Thank you for helping us!" They walked out the company. "I hope those gifts weren't too much of a hassle for you." She said to him. "It was nothing. Now I can make fresh coffee in the morning." He said "Of course you will." They got into the car and she turned the radio on. "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO THE LOVELY POWER COUPLE!" She turned it off. "It's like a national holiday or something." She joked "I'm going to take you out on a date!" He said excitedly to her. "Where are we going?" Y/N asked with an amused smile on her face. "Surprise." She groaned "You know I hate surprises." "I know!" He laughed as she glared at him. "Trust me baby. You are going to like this surprise." "I trust you." She said and he smiled. "Good." 

They arrived at the aquarium. "Remember this place? This is where we had our first date." The two walked in together while holding hands. "Look it's you fishy!" Y/N teased pointing at the fishes. "Look that's you," Donghae said pointing at a photo of a blowfish. "Yah!" She smacked his arm and he laughed "I'm kidding baby." "You know our first date was the first time I went to an aquarium." She confessed "Really? You never told me that." "You never asked." "So this means this is your second time at the aquarium." She nodded her head "I never really asked my parents to take me to the zoo, aquarium, or amusement parks. I'm upset now because I didn't really have a childhood growing up. But that doesn't mean I regret my decision to focus on music." He nodded his head in understanding as she talked. "I hope our child gets to have a normal childhood." "Don't worry babe. Our child will have a normal life." "I don't want them to be in the spotlight at a young age but it's hypocritical for me to say that isn't it." She let out a small smile and he pinched her cheek. "You're so cute~" "Hae stop it~" Y/N whined and he laughed. "I was 15 years old when I debuted. I'm 26 years old now and this is my second time at the aquarium. How sad is that?" "Very sad." "Look penguins!" She walked over to the screen and watched as they waddled. "How did I get so lucky?" Donghae asked himself watching his girlfriend. 

[MEANWHILE]

The Super Junior members were decorating Y/N and Donghae's place. "She is going to be so surprised," Shindong said with a hint of giddiness in his voice. "Anything for the lovely couple," Yesung said as he placed the rose petals around the table. "Siwon, did you buy the cheesecake?" Leeteuk asked, "Yes, I bought one for us to enjoy too." He said, "This guy is so sweet." Heechul said, "Donghae said that there is a file on his laptop that has the video montage  of them." "I can't believe Henry suggested that. He almost revealed Hae's plans." Eunhyuk said and Henry gave out a nervous laughter. Siwon walked to the couple's door but hesitated to open it. "What's wrong?" Yesung asked, "I don't know if it is alright for me to just walk in." Siwon confessed, "Let me." Heechul walked past him and opened the door to the couple's room. "Clean," Shindong said and they saw the laptop on the desk. Heechul opened it "Password. He didn't give us that." Yesung said, "Text him." Leeteuk took out his phone and asked him for the password. "Let's see what they have to eat," Shindong said walking to their kitchen. 

Y/N and Donghae were laughing as they went down memory lane. "I remember it was so awkward! I forgot my cousin was like in love with you." He groaned and said, "That weekend with your family still haunts me." She playfully pushed him. "It wasn't that bad." "Your uncle pushed me into the pool for breaking your cousin's heart." She laughed and he continued "The older members of your family thought that I played with her feelings! It was my first time meeting her! I didn't know her." "I forgot to warn you. But it's all good now!" She leaned in to give her boyfriend a kiss on the cheek. "Besides she is married now with a child." "Don't try to defend her. We both know she still flirts with me." "Unfortunately." 

"He hasn't texted us back." Leeteuk informed the boys "Okay we are going have to guess. Do Y/N's birthday." Heechul said to Yesung who had the laptop on his lap. "Um, when is her birthday?" All of the boys made a thinking face. "I have no idea." Siwon confessed "Try her full name! Y/N M/N L/N." Henry suggested "Guys we are so stupid! We can look up her birthday!" Eunhyuk said taking his phone out "Her full name didn't work." Yesung said, "Her birthday is m/d/yyyy." Eunhyuk read "Didn't work." "Do their anniversary date," Shindong suggested and Yesung typed in 12/30/2009. "Nope." All of them groaned "Call him." Heechul demanded 

"Hello?" Y/N answered his phone since Donghae was driving them home now. "Hi, sister in law! Where is Donghae?" Leeteuk asked "He is driving. I can put you on speaker." "No need, but could you please tell us the password for his laptop." "Wait are you guys at our place?" She asked and he hung up on her. "Who is at our place?" Donghae asked "The boys. He asked for the password for your laptop. But you don't have one unless you just put one in last night." Donghae realized what was going on and groaned "Those idiots." "What?" She asked "Babe. I need you to keep your eyes close when we go in okay. I planned another surprised but the members couldn't even do it." She smiled and said, "How romantic Hae." "It's embarrassing now." He blushed, and she laughed. They finally pulled up, their driveway. He wrapped her scarf around her eyes. He unlocked the door "Lee Donghae what,!" Heechul yelled, "Hi Heechul!" Y/N greeted the man as Donghae guided her into the couch. "Sit here." She listened, and he went into their room. "Aish. That's Y/N's laptop." He said taking the laptop off of Yesung. "What?!" "My laptop here." He went to the kitchen but saw that someone has eaten the cake he had planned. "Who, the cake?" He asked with a whispered yell and the boys all looked away. "Guys..." He lifted the cake box and showed them the laptop that was on the kitchen table. "No wonder we didn't see it. The cake box was covering it." Siwon said "Cake?" Y/N asked, "There is no cake." Eunhyuk said 

Donghae walked to his girlfriend who was still blindfolded. He untied the scarf and she saw the pout on his face. "What happened fishy?" "There is no surprise." "Aw. It's okay." "It is our fault." Leeteuk said "Come on guys. Let's not pout and point fingers." Y/N said, "I wanted it to be romantic and sweet." Her boyfriend was still pouting. "You're making me feel bad." Heechul said "No Donghae! Show her the video!" Yesung said "What video?" Y/N asked curious "The surprise! This was all in the act! Happy Anniversary!" Shindong said, "You guys got me!" Y/N said and Donghae could tell she was playing along but smiled at the effort to not upset him and s. "Show me, baby." She said and he opened the laptop. 

They all sat and watched as he pulled up the video. Yoon Mirae's song Always was the background music. "Stop I'm already going to cry." She said and he smiled. The first photo was them on their first date. An 18-year-old Y/N was smiling brightly as 23-year-old Donghae made silly faces to make her smile. "Hae this ones look like you! Are you recording me? Stop it!" Her laughter made everyone in the room smile. The next photo was their first kiss. "Aish who took this?" She asked "Me!" Eunhyuk said proudly. The two were at Hans River and he had his arms wrapped around her waist lifting her up since she was too short at the time to reach his lips. "I can kiss you now without you lifting me up." She said "Sure babe." The next one was the two of them when they first moved in together. "You're crying." Donghae "I missed that rug." She said sarcastically pointing at a white fur rug. "You were the one who threw it away." He pointed out "I'm crying because of how touching this is Hae." She said and the boys laughed. Photos after photos made Y/N smile as she remembers how much fun she had with him. The last photo was when he discovered he was going to be a dad. "Wow." Everyone said clapping as they wiped their tears away. "Wait there is more," Donghae said and they all looked back at the screen. "Oh, I can sense this is about to get more romantic and personal. We will be in the kitchen." Leeteuk said and all of them left. Only Y/N and Donghae were in the living room. "Just finish the cake!" Donghae told them. "Thank you!" 

"Y/N L/N, I want to start off by saying I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for all the pain I have caused you. I still beat myself up every day for what happened. When I first asked you out you rejected me and I knew you had trust issues in the past relationships you had. I was stupid and foolish to betray you like that. I had no intention of doing such things. I'm a lucky guy that you were able to forgive me and move on." She paused the video and looked over at her crying boyfriend. "Hae..." She wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a soft kiss. "Don't worry the video isn't all sad." He said, "Smile for me baby." She said and he gave her a small smile "Cheeseeee~" She sang with a wide grin and he gave her a genuine smile. "See there it is!" She removed her arms from his neck and played the video. "On a happier note! Happy Anniversary baby! Eight years with you went by so fast! Y/N L/N. I love you so much. I know I tell you this every day and words can become meaningless over time. I have been with girls here and there but they were never serious. When I saw you in a different light I thought it was stupid of me to have those feelings for you. What would a young girl want to do with a guy like me? Over time those feelings grew stronger and I knew I needed to tell you. So I asked you out. But you rejected me. You rejected me over and over. I asked everyone for the advice. Amber told me that you actually had a crush on me. So there was hope for me! I didn't give you! I asked Ryewook to make food and I played it off as mine. You accepted this offer since I learned that you are not the type to do fancy dinners and you like it causal at first. Thanks, Amber. Finally on December 30th, 2009. This day eight years ago. You accepted my confession! I felt like a winner that day! I still respect and understand why it took you awhile to accept my love for you. I'm willing to do anything and everything for you. I want you to know that I am here for you Y/N. I will always be by your side. No matter what happens I will always love you." He made a heart with his arms and the video ended. "I love you!" He said to her and she smiled "I love you too." The two hugged and she kissed him. "Thank you." "Anything for you my love."