Chapter 19

The Nation's Power Couple
The couple was busy decorating their daughter's room when Donghae let out a sigh. "What is it now baby?" Y/N questioned her boyfriend. "Y/N, I feel like I'm not good enough for you. Yet here I am decorating our daughter's room. Having a future with you." Y/N did not like it when he would have such thoughts in his mind. She loved him and him alone. "Donghae Lee, get that idea out of your head right now." "Can you blame me? You are a strong, intelligent, talented, beautiful, determined, hilarious, and a humble person and you are with someone like me." She took his hand and dragged him to the kitchen. "Sit." She demanded and he listened. She took her seat across from him and grasped his hand. "I love you Donghae. I love you so much No man in this world can steal me away from you. You are my number one and only one." "But Y/N I lied to you five years ago. Which almost cost us our relationship." She looked down at their hands. He was gripping it tightly. "You and Dara were good friends. She needed you and you didn't make to hurt my feelings so you hid the truth from me." She pointed out.
 
[FLASHBACK 2013]
 
"I really need you Donghae," Dara said to the man over the phone. He looked over at Y/N. She was on the phone with her manager too busy to see that he was on the phone with Dara. "I can't. Y/N and I are spending time together. Besides you have other friends who can help you." He said and she snapped. "Is that any way to speak to your best friend?! How could you just tell me to brush my problems under the rug and forget that I am having some issues." He rolled his eyes "I never said that Dara." "Some friend you are." She sneered and he sighed. He felt bad that he wasn't doing anything to help her feel better. Dara was in a scandal with ZE:A Siwan and the rumors are totally false because she wasn't interested in dating him yet she was being attacked online for posting a photo of them. "Fine. I'll be over." She cheered and he hung up on her. "Alright. I'll be there on time tomorrow." Y/N turned and smiled at her boyfriend. "Sorry about that manager Kim just wanted to go over my schedule with me tomorrow." "Actually, I have to go." She frowned "I thought we both had a free day today." "I thought so too but apparently I have a photo shoot I need to get to in 15 minutes. I'm so sorry baby." She gave him a small smile. "It's alright. I understand."
 
[PRESENT]
 
"She is nothing but a liar. She took advantage of my kindness." Y/N nodded her head as she listened. "You guys were best friends and then lovers. She was important to you so I understand you were only being a good person." He gave her a small smile "Dara and I are no longer together as lovers and as friends Y/N. I really tried my best to make our friendship work but it didn't. I'm not going to try to fix something that already been ruined." "Hae we both agreed on that we are going to let that all  in the past." She said and he nodded his head. "Yes, but its haunting me." She was confused and got up. "Where are you going?" He asked her and she ignored him going to their room and retrieving her phone. When she typed in Donghae's name she was furious. "How dare she?!" She clicked on the article where Dara was revealing to the public how Donghae and her used to date until he left her for Y/N and how he cheated on Y/N with her. Everything that was agreed on to never be spoken about and that was between the three of them was out to the public now. "That ." Y/N said and Donghae gently wrapped his arms around his girlfriend "Calm down baby. We don't want you stressed and then our baby will be stressed." Y/N removed herself from his embrace. "You're right."
 
[SM ENTERTAINMENT]
 
"Manager Kim, you are aware that this damages not only Donghae's image but Y/N's too?" The CEO asked the man. "Yes." "The reason why I called you here today is I want you to talk to Y/N. I understand that the two are you close almost like family and she never listens to me but always you." "That is correct." Manager Kim confirmed and the CEO looked over at a young smiling Y/N and Lee Soo Man. "Keep Y/N out of the spotlight. I would never imagine myself saying this. But I want her out of the public eye until she had her damn problematic baby." Manager Kim clenched his fists. "But Y/N and Donghae are working on a single together are they not? I was there when you and Y/N were discussing the plans." The CEO looked back at Manager Kim with dark eyes. "She is on lockdown. I don't want her barging in here to complain and if she does you are fired." "Sir, I don't mean no disrespect but you are taking things too far." "I want Y/N away from the public. Do I make myself clear?" "Yes, sir."
 
"Honey, did you see what been all over the internet?" Y/N's mother asked her husband. "No." She handed him the iPad and it was an article about the Nation's Power Couple. "Read it." She demanded and he read it out loud. "L/N Y/N the homewrecker? The 26-year-old was exposed by the 33-year-old actress Park Dara. She revealed that Lee Donghae and her were an item way before Y/N came into the picture. The two were best friends turned lovers until Y/N seduced Donghae and he left her for the younger woman. Dara said that the two remain, friends, even if he betrayed her until Y/N brainwashed him to stop hanging out with her. She also revealed that Donghae cheated on Y/N while he came to visit during his vacation from the military. There is so much going on. We cannot imagine the pain Dara must have gone through. The Nation's Power couple are evil." When her Y/N's father finished reading the article his face was red. He was furious. "My daughter is not a homewrecker. I'm not going to have this woman tarnish my baby's image! Also, you thought I was going to let Donghae off the hook for cheating on my daughter!"