Chapter 6

The Nation's Power Couple
"Run!" Donghae grabbed Y/N's arm and started running away from the group of fans who chooses not to respect their idols. "I'm still mad at you!" She said, "You run too slow!" He said and she stopped running. "Y/N! We need to go!" "What the hell was Dara talking about back there?" He groaned and lifted her over his shoulder running for his life. "Yah! Lee Donghae!" "I'll explain everything when we get home!" "I want the truth Donghae." She said and he pretended he didn't hear her and continue running. They finally made it home and he placed her down gently. "Tell me what happened." She demanded and he looked her in the eyes and saw that she was about to cry. "While I was in the army, Dara sent me letters at first they were words of encouragement and I did appreciate it since I really thought she was trying to repair our friendship." "Go on." "Soon the letters became romantic and she was trying to make me think of the times we had. We only dated for a couple of months. Y/N believe me when I say this but I never ever loved her in a way that I love you now." "I believe you." She said and he continued "So you know how I get to have breaks and I would visit you, the members and my mom right?" "Right." "One night I decided to visit her because I wanted all of this drama to end. she offered me a glass of wine as a peace offering so I accepted. A few more glasses later one thing led to another and we had that night." "Jerk!" Y/N slapped him across the face and ran to their shared bedroom.
 
Donghae was crying now. He was relieved he got it out of his system but wished he told her sooner. "I hate you!" Y/N yelled and Donghae said: "You don't mean that." She opened the door and had a bag ready to stay somewhere overnight. "What other secrets have you been hiding?! Is this whole relationship a lie?" "How can you say that Y/N? You know I love you." She wiped her tears and said, "If you loved me, you would have never hurt me." "Please understand it from my point. I was drunk and it didn't mean anything to me." She scoffed and said "This relationship is based on trust. I told you on our first date that I had trust issues and that my past relationships were all failure since they all cheated on me. I guess you are no different. Don't bother me tonight. I'm staying at Amber's. Good luck on your performance tonight. I'm sure Dara will cheer you on." She slammed the door and drove off leaving a heartbroken Donghae.
 
[LATER]
 
"Are you okay Hae?" Leeteuk asked the man who was deep in his thoughts. "I messed up big time. I told her the truth but I waited too long to tell her." All the boys gave him a sad smile "I know Y/N loves you. She deserves every right to be upset though. Just give her some time." Yesung reassured the man. "She questioned our relationship. If it all was a lie." "Come on Hae, you know Y/N didn't mean that." Siwon placed his hand on the heartbroken man's shoulder. He gave Donghae a comforting squeeze and continued "We all know how Y/N is. She is a firecracker. She will say things that she doesn't mean." "Yeah, our Y/N does have trust issues but she loves you so much Donghae. She needs space and time to think." Eunhyuk said, "Super Junior in 20 minutes!" One of the staff members informed the men. "I need to go get some air," Donghae said leaving the room.
 
"Y/N unnie!" Seulgi greeted the soloist who gave her a small smile. "Are you performing tonight?" She asked and Y/N shook her head no. "I came to visit." She answered "Red Velvet in five!" "I got to go unnie!" Y/N waved bye as Seulgi ran off. She walked past numerous artists' dressing room before standing in front of the one she was looking for. Y/N stood in front of Super Junior's dressing room. She told Amber what happened and she gave the soloist her advice. "Honestly Y/N, I would be heartbroken, betrayed and devasted as you. Everyone can tell that there is so much love between you two. I know it did take him a while to confessed and it would have been better if he was upfront about it right after it happened but if you decide you want to break up with him. I will be there to support you." Which is why Y/N is in front of their dressing room. She knocked on the door and Leeteuk opened the door. "Oh Y/N. Come in." He stepped aside and she walked in and greeted the boys. "Where is Donghae?" She questioned, "He went out to get some air." Shindong answered and Y/N nodded her head.
 
"Super Junior in 10!" The staff said and Donghae stepped back in the room. "Hae." She called out to the man. "Y/N..." He ran over to where she was sitting and hugged her. "I'm so sorry. I never ever wanted to hurt you." She cupped his cheeks and said, "Have fun out on stage, I'm proud of you and the boys." She removed herself from the hug and said: "Go out there and enjoy the moment. " He smiled and said, "Thank you." "Its time for us to put our mics on," Leeteuk said and Y/N gave the men thumbs up as they walked out. "Y/N, are you going to watch the boys perform?" Their manager asked, "No, I'm going to go home." She walked out of the dressing room and Leeteuk saw her leave. "Oh boy."
 
[LATER]
 
As Super Junior was performing their comeback song Black Suit Donghae was looking for Y/N in the audience but couldn't find her. When the song ended he asked s if they had seen her. "No, maybe she is in the dressing room," Heechul suggested and he ran there. "She left," Leeteuk informed the others. They watched as Donghae ran off with a hopeful smile on his face. "Baby, did you see us?" Donghae asked as he entered the empty room. "Did she leave?" He asked the staff members outside who shrugged his shoulders. Finally, s caught up with him. "She never accepted your apology Hae." Eunhyuk reminded him "What? I thought we were on good terms." Leeteuk shook his head "She left as we were getting our mics on. Would you be happy if she told you she cheated on you with her ex-boyfriend?" "It was a drunken mistake." Donghae reminded him "Then why did you wait so long to tell her? Four years ago you guys almost broke up. Two years ago you cheated on her. What about the present? Will you guys stay together?" "I need to go home." Donghae said, "Hae, he isn't saying all that stuff to scare you." Siwon said "I don't want us to break up! I love her!"