Chapter 12

The Nation's Power Couple
“The shoot is starting~” Defcon and Hyungdon marched on set singing “So much to do being born as a man.” they stopped and turned to the camera. “Hello everyone.” They bowed to the camera. “Weekly Idol!” “They were here five years ago.” Hyungdon said, “In our early years..” Defconn started “The Korean Wave Idols.” Hyungdon added, “Did we foster them?” Defconn asked and Hyungdon nodded his head and said “We practically raised them. Their popularity can be divided into before and after being here.” The cameras panned towards the Super Junior members. “When Hyungdon wasn’t available. One of them was a guest host.” Defconn said and Heechul smiled “Let’s start it off. Idol of the week!” The hosts said, “It took a very long time to get these guys back.” Hyungdon said “A good number of them have been to the military. They are practically soldiers. Let’s bring them in loudly like the manly men they are.” “Super Junior!” Leeteuk and Eunhyuk were excited but the other members walked on set slowly not following their leader who was running around. “Yesung were you discharged recently?” Hyungdon asked, “I have been discharged from the army three years ago?” “Why are you working now then?” Defconn asked and Yesung blushed “He has done nothing noteworthy.” Eunhyuk butted in “I worked on a drama.” Yesung defended himself. “What about you Donghae?” I was discharged five months ago.” “Your hair grew back so fast in five months.” Hyungdon pointed out “he has a lot of impure thoughts at night.” Eunhyuk said causing Donghae to laughed. “Yah Y/N going to beat you up.” Shindong said, “You are really excited.” Defconn said to Eunhyuk who was grinning “I’m loving this.”
 
“We’d like you all to make an entrance befitting the trends these days.” Hyungdon said, “Let’s see today’s trends.” Defconn said and they saw how idols would use bubbles, dolls, flower crowns and cute poses. Super Juniors were cringing at the idea. “You can’t do this to me! I was a guest host here!” Heechul said and everyone wore the flower crown. “Lastly...Muay Thai Fighter.” The cameras showed Shindong looking confused “Shindong.” “Yes?” “Are you a Muay Thai fighter or a Japanese restaurant owner?” The hosts asked, “Let’s have you enter in the order you were discharged.” Hyungdon said meaning Donghae would have to go first. “Make a cute pose, a lovely pose or a save it poses,” Hyungdon said to the man who looked like he was having a battle with himself. “What should I do?” He asked s. “Donghae of SUPER JUNIOR!” He came out but went back. “Let me come back on again!” "Yah! We are running out of bubbles here!" Defconn said and he went back. "Donghae!" The hosts introduced the man again and he came out but ended up kicking the bear in anger. "Yah I can't do this!" "Omo!" "What are you doing?!" s asked, "What did the bear ever do to you?!" Defconn asked and everyone was laughing. "Your girlfriend can do it why can't you?!" Hyungdon asked in frustration and everyone laughed again.
 
Once everyone did it the hosts were disappointed. "You guys are really old." Defconn joked "Do idols really do these types of things now?" Eunhyuk asked "Yes." The hosts answered and then they played a clip of Y/N doing cute finger hearts at a meet and greet. "Your girlfriend can do it why can't you?" Hyungdon asked Donghae who blushed in embarrassment. "Why did you play Y/N's clip? Her aegyo makes me want to puke." Heechul said in a jokingly manner and Donghae kicked him. "OUCH!" Heechul fell to the floor dramatically and Leeteuk started hosting the show. "As you can see our Donghae is protecting Y/N's pride." "Aigoo look at him such an attention hogger," Defconn said Hyungdon looked over at Shindong and yelled at him in disbelief. "Yah don't pick your nose!" Nobody expected the Super Junior members to be like this. "When are we going to do the segments?" Heechul asked "You know what Heechul said to me. He wanted to host this show and that Hyungdon is not needed." Defconn exposed "Bwoh?!" Hyungdon asked, "Leeteuk hosted this show for a while too and said not to work with Heechul." Defconn added and Heechul glared at the leader who was flustered.
 
"Can we start filming?" Shindong asked "We are! We already got 30 minutes of footage!" Hyungdon said, "How can we have 30 minutes if we haven't filmed for 30 minutes?!" Shindong asked and everyone was getting crazier by the minute. "Is this all of you?" Hyungdon asked, "No this is half of us." Heechul answered, leaving the host flustered. "Siwon is working on his drama right now." Shindong added, "Can I have my water?" Donghae asked, "You and Yesung haven't even said anything and you want to drink water." Defconn said "Donghae, how are you and-" Hyungdon stopped talking when he saw that Donghae was talking to someone behind him. "Who are you talking to?" The camera turned showing their manager holding a bright yellow liquid. "Give him the water." The manager gave it to Donghae who took a sip and handed it to Yesung next who also took a sip. "Donghae drank so much lemon water his hair turned that color." Leeteuk said, "Look at him such an attention seeker." The hosts joked "You drank so much your jacket changed to that color." Yesung said to the leader but because Eunhyuk was talking nobody paid attention. "Yah Yesung finally said something." Defconn pointed out and Yesung pouted.
 
[LATER]
 
They were doing random dance play. "You guys are the Korean Wave idols yet failed at this." Defconn said, "We can do the 2x dance." Eunhyuk said, "Let's do that!" Everyone agreed and they did well with Black Suit but when it got to Sorry Sorry it was a different story. "I need a break!" Donghae said and he and Eunhyuk laid on the ground. "Double dance time is a bust!" "You guys failed!" The hosts said and everyone groaned. "Time for our next segment."
 
They were playing Show Me The Card where every member credit card was taken and the other members had to play games so that they can win the rights to spend that member's card. "What do you all want?" Hyungdon asked the members "I want a camera." Shindong answered, "I want a coffee machine." Donghae said, "Ask Y/N to buy you one the Nation's Treasure must be rich." Defconn teased "She doesn't like coffee so if I buy one she is probably going to yell at me for wasting money." "But if we bought it she would be so happy." Eunhyuk added, "I want an exercise machine." Yesung said, "That's so expensive!" "I want a new phone for my stylist since she broke hers." Heechul said, "Wow look at this guy." Shindong said, "I want a cool outfit." Eunhyuk said, "That means they can buy you ANY outfit." Hyungdon pointed out "I want a new luggage." Leeteuk said and the first game was to gut anchovies. "Our Eunhyuk is known as the cute anchovy by fans. You guys have 100 seconds to gut them." Hyungdon explained. "No my hands will smell!" Heechul whined.
 
Shindong won the first game and now it was Donghae's game. "Donghae is known as the crybaby of the group right?" Defconn asked, "Now it's Yesung." Heechul said and started telling his story about how he didn't even have the chance to be angry at Yesung. "There was this one time where I was in the car with the lovely power couple." Leeteuk started and Eunhyuk started laughing. "I know the story!" "Yah! Don't tell it!" Donghae said, "Is the game to see who can tell the most embarrassing Donghae story?" Yesung asked "Y/N, Donghae, Eunhyuk, and I just finished having dinner. Our manager was driving the couple home first. Y/N was listening as drunk Donghae was pouring all his feelings out for her and if you know him you would know that he is a quiet guy until he gets comfortable and starts telling you his deepest darkest secrets. Unlike our Y/N who is our firecracker if she doesn't like something, she will tell you. The two are like the polar opposite." Donghae started laughing "Are you crying?" Defconn asked and he shook his head no. "He is touched." Shindong teased "Y/N told Donghae to stop talking since he was drunk and probably didn't know what he was saying all this nonsense." Eunhyuk said, "Why didn't you stop?" Hyungdon asked, "I was drunk!" Donghae said, "Y/N told him to stop again but he didn't so she yelled at him to shut up and he yelled back 'WHY DON'T YOU WANT TO TALK TO ME?' Eunhyuk, manager and I wanted to defuse the situation but didn't know how to approached it." "Y/N always has something to say back." Yesung added "Donghae would you like to finish the story?" Defconn asked the man who was blushing with embarrassment. "No thanks." "Y/N ignored him. Donghae then ordered the manager to stop the car and we were confused on what to do but Y/N insisted 'Stop the car.' So we had to listen." Everyone started laughing when Eunhyuk told them that.
 
"She insisted that the car should be stopped?" Hyungdon asked and Donghae nodded his head. "He walked out the car and I turned to Y/N asking her 'Are you going to chase after him?' and Eunhyuk asked her 'Do you want me to follow him?' But she shook her head no and reassured us saying 'he's going to come back' knowing Y/N she is always right." Everyone laughed "That's a funny story!" Defconn said, "I did come back and hugged her." Donghae confessed causing everyone to laugh harder. "If this was a tell the most embarrassing Donghae story you guys won. But the point of this game is to see if you can cry faster than Donghae." Hyungdon said "Aish! I'm bad at these type of things" Heechul said, "Me too!" Eunhyuk said, "Ready set go!" Within seven seconds Donghae won. "How?!" Everyone asked, "Yah you cheap man you won't buy your member gifts!" Heechul asked while kicking the air. "What were you thinking about?" Defconn asked, "How touched I am by the members." Donghae answered and everyone laughed. He went to them one by one and hugged them. "What has this turned into?!" Hyungdon asked, "It's time for Heechul's card."
 
"What is his specialty?" They asked the members "Girl group dances!" "I'm bad at these." Leeteuk groaned "Me too." Yesung added, "Dance well." Heechul said and the music started nobody got up because none of them knew. They placed Y/N's Gashina and Donghae immediately got up. "You only know your girlfriend's dance?" Hyungdon asked and then soon Eunhyuk and Yesung joined in. Heechul approved and then they played other group songs only Yesung and Shindong knew. "Play another one of Y/N's song!" Defconn said and they played How's This?