Chapter 4

The Nation's Power Couple
"Thanks for coming all the way here just to help me find my boyfriend." Y/N said to Eunhyuk as she opened the door for him. "Donghae would kill me if he knew I let you out all by yourself late at night." She rolled her eyes and said "Well let me get my cardigan and then we can go look for him. I bet he is at the park." She said, "By the way, the ice cream would have been melted by now." He said and they laughed. "Come on let's go find lover boy!" 
 
"Just leave us alone, please. You are still one of my closest friends and I don't want to friendship to be put aside." Donghae tried to reason with the woman but she wasn't having it. "Then why are you pushing me away?" She questioned, "I just don't want you to try and break up my relationship again." "So what do you want me to do? You want me to stay away from you yet you still want to be friends?" "I really wished we could be what we were before but that was until you fell in love with me." She scoffed and said "Sorry I can't help who I fall in love with Hae." "Don't call me that. Just stop loving me." She let out a fake laugh and said, "It's easier said than done. You should put my feelings into consideration too. I am your friend right?" He didn't say anything. "Say something." She demanded but he said nothing.
 
"So are you and Donghae talking about marriage?" Eunhyuk asked Y/N as they walked around. "Yeah before he left to the army he promised me that right when he got out he would marry me. But I guess he forgot it." Eunhyuk could tell she was upset and said: "I'm sure our Donghae is waiting for the right time." "I mean I am in no rush to get married! Donghae just got out out the army and is working on the album with you guys. I'm finishing my album promotions, we're just so busy." "Y/N? Eunhyuk?" The two turned around and saw Donghae. "BABY!" Y/N hugged the man who was confused. "What are you guys doing here?" "Looking for you. Y/N told me you been gone for a while so I offered to come and help her look for you." Eunhyuk explained "Lee Donghae you have been gone for over an hour. I was worried sick. Your phone isn't on which is why we came out to look for you." He smiled and apologized "sorry, I didn't mean to worry you guys. I did buy ice cream." She pulled away from the hug and he lifted up the plastic bag.
 
[LATER]
 
"Thanks for the ice cream and movie guys," Eunhyuk said, "You literally came all this way for ice cream." Donghae pointed out "I came to look for you too." Eunhyuk retorted and the power couple rolled their eyes, he laughed and they waved goodbye to him as he left their home. "Time to clean up." "I'll wash the dishes babe, you relax. You look like something is troubling you." Y/N said to her boyfriend who insisted he was fine. "Are you sure you don't need any help?" "I'm positive I can wash three bowls and three spoons." She said and he smiled "If you need any help I will be in the bathroom getting ready for bed." She pecked him on the cheek and he went to go wash up.
 
Y/N entered her and Donghae's bedroom to see the man lying in bed with his arm over his face. "You know if the light is too bright for you, you could always shut it off." She joked flipping the switch on and off.  He chuckled and opened his arms wide for her to hug him. "I don't think you want to hug me. I haven't washed up for bed yet." "Nonsense. I always want to hug you." He said and she walked over to him. She leaned down and he puckered her lips. She let out a small smile before flicking his forehead. "Ow!" "Yah! You had me worried sick!" He grabbed her by the waist and pull her into his embrace. "I'm fine baby." He reassures her. "I wanted you home safely more than I want ice cream." He smiled and pecked her on the nose. "You're so cute." "Only for you." "Only for me. To everyone else you are a feisty firecracker." ''That is so not true." He gave her a look "If I can remember clearly you gave MAMA a big f you." She laughed and said, "Yeah you, MAMA." "Language think about the children!" "They had it coming! They treated my friends badly." "You do have a point there. Come on firecracker kiss me." "No, I didn't brush my teeth yet." "It's okay I like the taste of ice cream." He puckered his lips once more but Y/N slipped out of his embrace and ran to the bathroom. "My lips will be here waiting for some action." He said and she laughed.
 
Y/N came out and Donghae fell asleep. "His lips are getting some action." She said to herself as she watches him snore. She brushed her hair and saw his phone on the table. "Maybe it's dead." She plugged it in and it lighted up. His lock screen was a photo of her. She smiled and continued to brush her hair. She finished and went to her side of the bed. "Hae, give me some blanket." She tugged it off the man who groaned and tried to fight for it back. "Sharing is caring baby." He mumbled but she was not having it. "You told me the nights won't be cold and lonely anymore but yet I'm out here pretty cold." He smiled and hugged her. "All better. See I keep my promises." She smiled and said "Goodnight Hae." "Goodnight baby. I love you." "I love you too." She pecked him quickly on the lips and turned to sleep. He smiled and said "Taste like ice cream...well mint ice cream."