Chapter 10

The Nation's Power Couple
Y/N and Donghae hosted a Christmas Party at their place. "It has been a long time since I have been over at the lovely couple home," Eunhyuk said as he entered the house. "You were here last month helping me bring home a drunk Donghae." Y/N pointed out "I love the tree!" Yesung exclaimed, "It's so beautiful!" Leeteuk said and all the members set their gifts down. "Since you guys are the first ones here. As our first guests and my personal favorite, you guys will be put to work!" Y/N said as Donghae went to each and every one of them handing them gloves. "I'm a guest!" Shindong protested "A guest who came to the party six hours too early. The invitation said 5 pm and the time is 11 am." Donghae pointed out and they all groaned. "You better pray EXO come early guys!" Heechul said and Y/N guided them to the kitchen. "I can play some music to help you guys get into the mood." Y/N suggested, "PSY's New Face please." Eunhyuk requested "I was thinking more along the line of holiday music but okay!" She played the song and soon everyone was dancing. "Ah EXO is here!" Donghae announced as he opened the door for him. The time was now 1 pm. "We came early to see if you guys needed some help." Suho said, "You're correct about that." Y/N said and handed each boy a pair of gloves. "Yes, we can finally get a break!" The Super Junior members said as they all went to the living room to relax. "You guys made it easy for them. Now, who is on clean up duty?" Y/N questioned, "Not us!" Super Junior members said and then the doorbell ring. "Please let it be another group with a lot of members." Siwon prayed and Y/N opened the door. "Ah NCT! You guys are on clean-up duty!"
 
[5 PM]
 
"Time to start the party!" Chen cheered and everyone was excited. Y/N and Donghae greeted the guests. "Mom, Dad!" Y/N hugged her parents "Y/N!" "Mom, dad! It has been so long!" Donghae said as they hugged him. "We know you two have been busy with your careers and all but when we got this invite we knew we had to come!" Y/N's mother said, "We missed you guys so much. Did you guys make us any grandchildren yet?" Y/N's father asked, "No not yet." Donghae answered, "Well what are you guys waiting for? All of us are getting old over here." He joked and the couple politely smiled. "We really want a grandchild." Y/N's mother said: "I would be an amazing grandfather since I turned out to be an amazing father." "Patient mom and dad. We have been through this talk before." Y/N said to her parents "Where can we put our gifts?" Y/N's mother asked, "We ran out of space under the tree since people do need to walk by so there is a table in the kitchen." Donghae  said guiding her parents to place their gifts down.
 
"These gifts are more for you and Y/N.. I know you guys are doing white elephant swap but we wanted to give you guys these gifts." Y/N's father explained as they entered the kitchen. "We didn't' want anyone to feel sad if we brought in a gift they did not want." Y/N's mother added. "Thank you so much! Not everyone is doing white elephant swap so no need to feel pressured in any way. We can bring the gifts in our room or leave out here and open in front of others." Donghae said, "I would rather you guys open your gifts in an intimate setting." Y/N's mother said "Okay." He collected their gifts and walked into his shared bedroom to see Y/N wrapping a gift. "Baby! Get out!" She shouted, "Is that my gift?" He questioned, "Yeah now scram!"
 
Everyone was having a fun time. "PRESENT TIME!" Everyone picked a number. The point of white elephant gift exchange was everyone would pick a number so the higher the number the better it is. The person with the number 1 would go again in the end so they could trade their gift with anyone. The number 2 is considered the one you want to avoid since your only option would switch with number 1's gift or keep the one you picked. The higher the number the more option you have from seeing other people's gift. "What number are you?" Y/N asked her boyfriend "I'm number 5. You?" "I'm number 1!" "Lucky duck." He said, "Okay so who is the first person?" Leeteuk asked already in MC mode. "Me!" Y/N stood up and examined the gifts. "I'll pick this one." She picked up a blue bag with snowflakes all over it. "That's mine!" Victoria said excitedly "Am I going to like this?" Y/N asked her "I'm pretty sure you will." She opened up the bag up and pulled out a Hello Kitty apron. "Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! Thank you!" She hugged Victoria and said to Donghae "Now I don't have to wear your shirts when I cook!" "I didn't mind as long as you didn't stain it so often," Donghae said and everyone laughed.
 
Everyone went and some were satisfied while most were in disbelief by how ridiculous those gifts are. "I can't believe you would give someone a photo of yourself." Y/N said to Baekhyun who was proud. "Sorry, number 2." They looked over at Hyoyeon who was already using a sharpie to draw a mustache on his face. "Sehun ah, you bought boba as a gift and you even kept one for yourself." Y/N said and he smiled at the older woman. "You're jealous that your boyfriend is sharing this adorable moment with me. You wished you were me." She blew a raspberry at him and took a sip of her boyfriend's boba. "Finally we make it back to the lady of the night Y/N L/N." Leeteuk said "Hm all of these gifts are interesting. As of right now, I have a pair of socks thanks to the one and only Xiumin." She pointed at the man who winked at her. "I really liked the Hello Kitty apron but do I really need it? Babe do you want any of these gifts?" She asked Donghae who took a look around. "I'm too nice. I feel like people will hate me." "My lovely parents, do you guys like any of these gifts?" They shook their heads no. "We didn't participate so we don't want to interfere." Her father said, "Sorry lil sis Wendy ah I'm taking the apron!" Y/N said and the vocalist groaned but Y/N quickly shook her head. "I'm only joking Wendy ah, you keep it." "Really?" "Really." "Thank you unnie!" "Babe I got you socks!" She rolled it into a ball and threw it at Donghae who caught it with ease.
 
The party was slowly coming to an end. "Thank you for having us! We had a really fun time." Manager Kim said as he and his wife left. "I was going to ask NCT to help clean but I want my favorite boys to stay by and help instead!" Y/N said hooking her arms around Eunhyuk and Leeteuk's neck. "Of course you do." Shindong said jokingly "There is cheesecake in the fridge." Donghae said trying to pursue them "I love cheesecake." Siwon said and they stayed and helped the couple clean. "Everyone sit because I have a special gift for Donghae and you guys are like family to me." "What about us?" Her mother asked "Mom, dad! You guys are already my family I didn't think I needed rot address that." Y/N said and her parents sat down to. "I have no idea what it is since I told her I didn't' want anything this year," Donghae said and Y/N went to the room and got out the nicely wrapped box.
 
She handed it to her boyfriend and said "Merry Christmas!" "I bet you all of us going to be jealous of his gift," Heechul said, "Y/N always goes over the top with her gifts." Her mother added "Mom please don't tease me. I am 26 years old~" Her daughter whined "I love these boys as if they were my sons. They only know I'm teasing." She defended herself. Donghae opened the box and saw that it was filled with green and red tissue papers. "The suspense is killing me!" Yesung said and everyone agreed. He finally removed all the papers and saw that there was a folded letter inside. "Wow, all that for a letter?" Her father asked disappointed "Dad!" "Before you unfold it. I'm going to ask if you all can record him because I want to see his reaction from every angle." Y/N said and everyone pulled out their phones. "Now you may unfold it." He listened and unfolded it. The paper was flipped backward so that the blank side was facing up. "I'm so nervous." Donghae said "Read it," Leeteuk said
 
"I can't wait to meet you, daddy!" He read and it was silent. "Are you sure?" He asked her and Y/N nodded her head. "I'm positive." She said "Oh baby." He kissed her and everyone cheered. "WE'RE GOING TO BE GRANDPARENTS!" Her parents were hugging each other. "WE'RE GOING TO BE UNCLES!" "I AM GOING TO BE A DAD!" Everyone was crying tears of joy and Y/N's parents suddenly said: "Donghae go get the gifts we brought!" He ran into the room and got out the two boxes. "Open it up!" Her parents said and there were children and parenting books. "I had a feeling my dear." Y/N's mother winked.
 
Everyone was finally gone and Donghae had his hands on Y/N's belly. She was leaning against his chest slowly falling asleep. "I promise to protect you and our baby." He said to her "You're going to be an amazing father." Y/N mumbled "You're going to be an amazing mother. I love you." "I love you too." She said and he kissed her cheek. "When will the baby be due?" He asked her "You do the math the last time we had was on your birthday." "JULY! Our baby will be a summer baby!" She smiled and said, "I know we talked about getting married first and all but I'm so excited for our little angel." "It doesn't matter what the order is baby. As long as I get to have you officially as my wife and have a beautiful family with you." He patted her belly softly "Hey little fella, your mommy and I are ecstatic that you will be here with us in the summertime. We can't wait." She laughed and said, "It feels weird since there isn't much of a bump yet." "Get used to it my love because I'm going to talk and sing to our child every morning and night." "Lovely."