|Five|

Love Me, Heal Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up still on the sofa. Stella was nowhere to be seen. She wasn't in her crib nor was she on the sofa with me. 

"Stella!" I called out, my heart panicking. I run around the first floor, going in each room until I hear her little giggles. I follow the sound and see her downstairs in her father's lap. He was holding her and playing around with her. He was back. I should have felt relieved or happy but I didn't. I really couldn't describe the feeling but I felt like I was carrying a hundred pounds on my back, or more like a thousand. 

"Oh, sorry. I hope we didn't scare you. You slept so soundly we didn't want to wake you up." Sehun says which makes me want to ask what was wrong with him. One minute he hates me and the next, he acts like the most well-mannered gentleman. What a confusing jackass he was?

I nodded, keeping the question to myself. "You could have called. But it seems like she misses you greatly." I say and sit down across from him. He glances at me for a few seconds and goes back to talking to Stella. 

"Well, now that I'm back, how about we start teaching you how to say dada? Huh?" He smiles gently at her which makes her smile back. "Da-Da." He repeats and she just ignores him. 

"You can't really force a baby to say words. She learns when many other people do it." I barge in and he gives me a frown.

"Well, it's easy for you to say since she's been calling you mama." He raises an eyebrow and I roll my eyes at him. I decide to not give in to his rude behavior and decide to go upstairs and take a shower. After, I changed into a pair of high waisted jeans and a royal blue turtleneck cropped sweater. Since he was back, I guess I'll take my day off today. I needed some fresh air anyways. 

"Where are you headed?" He asks me curiously when I walk down the stairs to put on a pair of black boots. 

"Oh, I haven't asked right?" I say sarcastically. "Oh Sehun, my dearest employer. May I have the day off as you know I've been busy taking care of Stella. I've been greatly exhausted from staying indoors all day and from being tossed around as if I have no feelings from a particular someone. So may I have the honor to go out?" I give him a courtesy which makes him look even more irritated. 

"Please?" I add at the end, still in the pose. 

He sighs, "Fine. How long will you be out?" 

I shrug. "The last time that I noticed, I don't have to tell you things about me. It's not your problem." I smile innocently. "But thank you. I'll be out." I say and finish zipping the other boot before grabbing my small black handbag. "Have a great day." I smile at him and go out the front door. When I was about to close the door, he stops it with his foot. "What now?" I squeak hoping I didn't push him to far.

"Take this in case it might rain." He says as he hands me a black umbrella.

"Oh," I say surprised, see he really was bipolar. "Thank you," I say and hesitantly take the umbrella. Our hands brush and I pretend I didn't notice before turning around and hearing him close the door after staring at me for a few seconds longer. I close my eyes and lay my right hand on my beating heart. 

I sigh one last time and decided to uber my way into the city where malls, cinemas, restaurants, and all the good stuff remained. It was going to be a me time. Plus, at least I got one of my paycheck last week. I wasn't able to spend it as I've been saving it with the others that I had received. But I decided that spending a little wouldn't hurt. What would hurt right now is if I didn't go to the spa and relax my aching muscles right now. 

I've spent the entire day at the mall and then at the nail salon and spa where I got a french manicure. I was starting to freeze from the cold but I was also very hungry. It was around eight o'clock, about eight hours since I left the house earlier. I tried my best to make every excuse to not go home yet, I didn't want to go and have another foolish argument with Sehun about stupid stuff. And I'm guessing Sehun and Stella already ate so I should eat before returning home. Home. I said it. It really was starting to feel like it, sort of and was it wrong that I thought of it like that?

I shook my head, pulling myself from my thoughts. I stood in front of the spa that I had just come out of and decided to uber again. As I took out my phone, a car stopped in front of me. I peered up from my lashes to see Jungkook. He parked the car on the sidewalk even though there was a sign saying 'No Parking' and came out of the car to stand right in front of me. I chuckled, typical of him. The same old friend that I had grown to known who didn't give a about rules even when he was a caring man. He took the time to listen and did not mind being there for others when they were down. I hoped his attitude hadn't changed even if he changed physically.

He was manlier now. Taller and I'd say, even more handsome. He used to be called adorable or cute by girls because he had chubby cheeks. I guess you could consider him as a flower boy back then, but now. He was a whole different person. His broad shoulders and masculine body. I wonder how buff he was under that big coat. Was he as big as Sehun? He wasn't as tall but he was handsome. To each their own, I don't think he fell behind in terms of looks when it came to guys like Sehun. Personality wise, I'd say he won this round. 

But I didn't like him like that. I'm sure he doesn't too because I was always considered as one of the 'boys.' I had a group that accepted me, just not what others other than the boys who would see as a suitable fit for a quiet girl like me.

"Hey, it's been forever since I've seen you!" I smile and hug him. He returns the hug and smiles at me too.

"Oh gosh, Skye. It's really been forever. I mean, when have you been back?" He asks and I shrug. 

"I don't know, like ing three months now and you haven't even noticed you little piece of ." I tease and give him a light punch on the arm and he laughs. 

"I'm not little anymore. You're the short one here and apparently, still the weak one." He laughs again making me smile. I missed the sound of that laugh, it made me feel relieved. Happy that I wasn't surrounded by tears or the beating of a despairing heart. "Sorry, I've just gotten back last week from business overseas again." He sighs heavily and runs a hand through his hair. "How about we go grab something to eat?"

"Sure, sounds like a plan. I was going to get something too. How about Italian?" I ask.

"Sounds good." He smiles and opens the door for me as he drives off. We found a fancy Italian restaurant in about ten minutes. We enter after he orders someone to go park his car. He offers his arm and I raise my eyebrow at him. He was always funny like this and I take it anyway. We sit at a table and finish ordering. One of the waiters opens a bottle of wine and pours it into our wine glasses. I thank him and he nods before walking off.

"So, business. The company is skyrocketing I hear." I quirk an eyebrow at him and he blushes. "Great work. Honestly, I knew you'd do well. You always had it in you even when we were kids. And now, you're freaking top-tier and in competition with companies like Sehun's too!" 

"Thanks," he chuckles. "I still got a little more way to go but I guess you can say that. How is he? Last time I saw him was in England which was a week or two ago. Still acting like an I guess. And an even more as time passes by. I don't know what's up with him though."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter