|Four|

Love Me, Heal Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wipe the excess applesauce from Stella's mouth as Sehun stares at me. "What is it?" I drop the spoon down making a small noise. "Can you stop looking at me like that?" I tell him. It was early the next morning. I was annoyed that he kept staring at me and then when I made eye contact, he would quickly look away. He sighs like he finally gives up. 

"So I know I told you that I was going to have the weekends off now. But suddenly, there's some problem with the deal overseas and we're trying to merge with a company overseas." He twirls his fork around, distracting Stella. "I have to go on a business trip to England for about two and a half weeks." He sighs heavily. It has been about two weeks since he has been spending the weekends with us. Well, more specifically with Stella. 

"I know it's a super long time without seeing Stella but it's also very important. Our stocks have been decreasing lately since all these chaos had happened. And I just can't let all my hard work go to waste. It might be a lot of pressure for you but my mom is here. She'll come over once in a while. You might not even be able to get rid of her certain days." He chuckles, "No matter how hard you try, she'll just ignore you. But I really need to get this over with." 

I hesitantly nod. I was kind of disappointed but then I hoped he couldn't read my expression. He glances at my hand and then he finally looks up at me. "Hey, go ahead. Don't worry about us. Stella is wonderful. I can't imagine taking care of a better child. And of course, your mom would help me out a lot. I know you don't like me acting like your mom or especially your..." I don't say the word and decided to just get straight to the point. "Just promise me you're going to take care of your health. Please. Not for me, I know. And if not for yourself, just think about Stella." I plead him with my eyes and he closes his eyes. He nods and I breathe in relief. 

"Okay. Alright." He agrees and we finish eating. But my appetite was suddenly gone.

For the past few days that Sehun has been gone, Stella has seemed to be active most of the time. She continues to add to her vocabulary of mumbles and grumbles. I would always laugh at her attempt to say something. But she definitely has become a bit more stable and stronger when it came to walking. I have been practicing with her and taking her out to enjoy some quick fresh air. 

She would keep me company as I read to her or we would watch her favorite cartoons like Frozen or Spongebob Squarepants. She would watch me cook and enjoy our lonely dinners. But Rosa came quietly often. She too was busy with handling her tiny shop ROSA where she sold her own brand name scarves, handbags, jewelry, and coats. She would visit for at least one or two hours once in a while day, offering me a break for myself. I always took it hesitantly because I was supposedly paid to be a nanny for Stella. 

I carry Stella in my arms as we sat in front of the desktop computer. Sehun had finally managed to have time to video call us on Skype a three days after he left. More specifically, Stella. I turn on the camera and we sit there patiently, waiting for the network connection to finally work. 

"Hello, my lovelies." He smiles naturally, making my heart flutter. Him calling both Stella and I lovelies made my heart beat faster. 

"Hey, how is it going there?" I ask while trying to put on Stella's pajamas since it was almost ten o'clock, and way past her bedtime. 

"Great." He says unconvincingly. He his lips after taking a sip of water and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

I pretend to laugh at him and Stella laughs along with me. "Well. if you're going to lie Mr. Crankypants, you're going to have to do better than that." I chuckle, finally getting Stella in her suit. 

"Fine. Boring as always. I just wished I was back home with you two." He confesses, removing his tie from his suit. Oh gosh, he looked so good. Wanting to be here with us? Me too? Why me? Knock out of your thoughts, Sky. 

"Ah, it can't be that bad. Plus. it's boring here anyways. Nothing to do here." I say, brushing Stella's hair. She nuzzles in my neck, trying to get the warmth. 

"Well, it's definitely better than here." He begins to his collared shirt, exposing his collarbone. , why do I feel like he is purposely teasing me?

I clear my throat and pretend like he's not affecting me at all. "If you say so." I think he caught me staring at him, I quickly look down at Stella trying to pretend like I wasn't.

"Stella. Princess, are you going to sleep without saying goodnight to daddy?" He pouts, pretending to be sad. "Come on now, say goodnight to daddy." 

"No..." She manages to say and I giggle at her response. Sehun looks annoyed and stunned. 

"Well, other than 'foo foo' or your 'ooof' attempt at saying Olaf, you know how to say 'no' now? How about Daddy? I really can't wait when I can hear you call me that. But saying no is really not a good sign. You're going to become a defiant little lady, aren't you?" He an eyebrow. I grin at him and lightly pat her back as she nuzzles into my neck. She seemed pretty tired today. Afterall, she was crawling everywhere when I took her to one of the gym days for toddlers. I had signed us up to have some fun rather than stay indoors. She didn't seem to regret it, she had tons of fun. 

"She's tired, I took her to a gym play date for kids that I signed her up for. It's a one-month membership and she really loved it so I really think this is a good thing. There's plenty of children with their mothers and a few fathers. But I really could tell that this gym play date is wearing her out. It's good exercise for her tho and I'm planning to take her every other day." I smile at her and look up to see Sehun staring at us dumbfoundedly. Why was he looking at us like that? 

I hear her little snores and lightly rock her.

"Seems like it. But I'm glad you two are having fun." He sighs, "Well, anyways. How is it there?" He asks me.

"Are you talking about the weather?" I joke, "Because there's plenty of things to talk about." He frowns at my joke and I giggle. "I'm just kidding. But everything is good, you're a mother is super nice. And Stella is really easy to care for so that's not much work. I've been doing pretty well with my book. I mean, at least I started something." I bite my lips. "So yeah... there's that." 

He nods thoughtfully at me. 

"So I guess I'm going to take this little booger to go sleep. I hope you're doing well over there too." 

He nods again, "Doing great. Just a little more time and then I'll be back. Thanks, Skye. A lot. And goodnight to you. Sweet dreams." 

I nod. "Yeah, you too. Don't let the bed bugs bite." 

He chuckles and gives me a final smile before ending the Skype call. I sigh and shut down the computer. Carrying her, I set her in her little bed before going to wash up. I yawn and sit at my desk deciding to write a few pages before going to sleep.

Day 5

"Hey, how are you two?" He asks, chewing on a pastry. "Sorry, I didn't eat dinner. So this here will be my dinner." 

Stella grins at her daddy and makes 'give it to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter