|Thirteen|

Love Me, Heal Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stare at him in confusion but he was already being drag away by Iris. Jungkook comes to me probably because of my body language.

"Are you alright?" He asks. 

I shake my head. "I'm not sure actually." He wraps a strong hand around my arm and smiles giving me some sort of comfort. 

"Everything will be okay. Trust me." 

I nod and sigh. We go back to the table and Sehun glances at me before looking back to the stage. One of the senior hosts is speaking on the microphone but I can't seem to concentrate on what he is saying. I sip my glass and allow my eyes to trail around the room. Everyone starts clapping and I must've missed out on what was happening. 

I quickly clap as well and watch as Jungkook stands up to go on stage. It must've been his turn to be congratulated. I smile warmly at him and he grins back. He stands up there and gives his speech. I watch proudly. He was like a brother to me and it felt amazing to see him succeed. He smiles brightly, his cheeks flushing a shade of red as one of the female hosts compliments his handsomeness. I chuckle along with the audience. 

"Once again, it's an honor to be here. I used to think it was impossible. Having great dreams but then, never knowing where to start. There are risks and I always feared about being that kid who dreamed too big. What if I'm not able to succeed? Will people laugh at me and make fun of the kid who said he was going to win big?" He continues his speech and I could hear some sniffling in the audience. When he ends, everyone claps loudly. There were a few whistles in the crowd and I could notice some of the annoyed older people. 

He returns and sits beside me. "You were great. Congratulations." I whisper and he nudges me playfully.

"Well that's not the only exciting thing this evening, am I right? Well if you all haven't heard, the two biggest contributors have recently announced the merging of their company. Let's have Mr. Oh and his fiance, as well as Mr. Taylor, come up to the stage." The host announces. Everyone claps. I clap painfully along. 

Sehun smiles and walks up to the stage with Iris beside him. Mr. Taylor, Iris' father follows after them. Despite Iris being quite tall, her father was a little shorter than her. 

"It's a pleasure to be here today," Mr. Taylor smiles as he speaks proudly. "As you all know, my daughter and future son-in-law have made me proud. They truly are the greatest couple I've ever seen. They're truly in love and I can't say how happy I am to entrust my daughter to such a successful and brave man. I could see myself in him often. A determined young man who always wanted to win big. It takes lots of hard work but that's not all. A man must be smart and be able to take over situations, to mold them in such a way that they'll always win in the end." 

Sehun continues to keep a straight face even through the cheesy compliments Mr. Taylor continues to give. He again makes eye contact with me and I quickly look away. Mr. Taylor sweet talks his way, praising his company and daughter until it is Sehun's turn.

"Well, it's very generous of you Mr. Taylor to trust me. As you all know, I have risen from the bottom to the top and if it's not about risks, then I wouldn't be here today. They say, a man is worthy because of his actions and along with that comes their word. A man should be truly respected by how he has been able to critically and strategically succeed. And I am telling you all that I am a man of my word. However, there are just some things which I can't abide by. Men who cheat their way to the top more specifically while taking advantage of the weak ones." 

I hear some gasps in the audience. I make eye contact with him, my eyes full of questioning. What the hell was he doing?

"You all might be wondering what I'm talking about? Well, imagine a man of power and a man who has nothing. Now it is obvious that the man of power is the one who is dominant. However, also understand that although that man may know where to hit, sadly, he doesn't know when to dodge. When he hits, he continues to hit and often times, may even miss. But what happens when he gets tired? Will he stop hitting? And in return, will he get hit repeatedly back by that other man?" Sehun continues.

Mr. Taylor's face gets rigid and he clenches his jaw. His face becomes pale. 

"Well, I'd like to announce to you all that the man I'm describing right now is the man standing behind me. For several years, this man has taken advantage of his clients. Cheated and made money off of them." 

More p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter