|Prologue|

Love Me, Heal Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stare at the steam rising from my teacup. The warmth still not enough to warm my heart. He was sitting in front of me. But not alone, he was with Irene. My best friend since high school. His dark brown and beautiful eyes staring hard at me like he was confused about something as if I had an answer that he wanted. It was like my answer would fulfill his craving for something. His jaw was ticking but he was also smiling at Irene. When he looks back at me though, it seems as if he despises me. Hates me and wanted me to vanish from his sight. But why would he hate me? I've never existed in his eyes even though I lived next door to him when we were kids. We had never said hello to one another until he started dating Irene. That was until he started acknowledging me as a person. But just a person who was his girlfriend's best friend.

I was still nothing more than a shy girl who loved her books in high school. The girl no one would dare look at or even say hello to. I was the outcasted girl, the one people saw as a freak. The girl who girls snickered and made fun of because she wore sneakers instead of pretty fancy shoes. Or the girl who boys acted as if she never existed because she wasn't pretty enough to even acknowledge as a being with feelings. It still was like that with Sehun now that I was twenty-three and him, twenty-five. 

Irene who was also twenty-five was the only girl who had befriended me when I was a freshman in high school. They were both juniors and very popular if I were to recall. She had been my friend ever since. The smile she gave me when she shook my hand and introduced herself to me while elbowing Sehun in the ribs because he was snickering something to her. I was pretty sure he was making fun of me and questioning why she would waste time talking to me. 

I sit nervously, taking a quick sip of my drink. I didn't really know why they wanted to talk to me over coffee. Rarely did Sehun ever join us when we had our girls day out. We could've done this over the phone and skipped the awkwardness. I wasn't confident enough to speak up so I try to smile but I failed. The loud customers and waitresses around us made me even more nervous. Why couldn't they just all shut up? 

"Hmmm." He coughs trying to draw my attention. "Skye."

I finally look up. My heart beating fast, fluttering even a little. But why was it fluttering... Oh god, I knew it, my little girl crush on him never died. I'd been in love with him ever since I was a little girl. I think I was seven and him, ten. I had been sneaking glances at him from my window when he would always play in the front yard with his group of friends. I mean, I guess it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter