|Twelve|

Love Me, Heal Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Three weeks in and I've already sold more books than I've ever sold in my life. I could say it was worth it. This book seemed to be having good reviews and many book organizations have asked me to do an interview or as they said, a small fan club meet for my book. I really didn't think I'd have fans but somehow, there were already at least three Instagram accounts who have been named as a fan club for either my book or personally for me. 

I've kept the names hidden in my book, however. I never specifically used my name or his name in the book. Instead, we were depicted through different characters. Me, through a girl named Teena, and him, Roy. I, however, didn't specifically write my book straight from my life. I started the book with a pair of long lost friends who suddenly met one another in a very long time. Or that was what Roy had thought. Except when it came to reality, Teena didn't exist at all. She was made from his loneliness, a delusion that lingered like dust but disappeared like smoke. It was a sad story but truthfully, it described all the feelings I had kept in. 

I sigh as I watch another email popup inviting me to a book meeting. It was another one in just less than twelve hours. My heart swelled with pride and I reach down to rub my stomach. Moving around was a bit more difficult and now, Jungkook had asked me to go to that stupid senior ball with him. I wanted to tell him nevermind but then I remembered the joy in his eyes as I told him yes. I had already gotten the dress tailored twice to fit my growing body. 

I ended up not going with the crazy red dress that was very y, to be honest, but very tight to my liking. I instead choose a simple black gown. It enveloped my body comfortably due to the material and was strapless. I stuck to a nice pair of flats instead and that only made me even shorter next to the tall Jungkook.  I had packed it along with a few maternity clothes in my small suitcase. I didn't plan to stay long for the event. Just a few hours or at the most one or two days and then leave back to New York. I couldn't move much, I was getting more restless throughout the time.

I walk out of the airport door as I arrived in Nevada. It was said to be taking place in Las Vegas. I glance around and could not find anyone familiar. I felt suddenly small. I take out my phone and dial Jungkook's phone number. It takes a few more rings before he answers. 

"Give me a sec." He says and I chuckle.

"One. Now, where are you?" 

"Aw, dang. I played myself didn't I?" He laughs and "Well it seems like your pregnancy has made you more demanding."

"Oh shut up. I can go back to New York if you aren't nicer to me. Plus, with my book doing a little well, I'm having some savings." 

"See what I said? Demanding women are scary." 

I hear his voice and turn around to see him with his sunglasses on. "Well, you better take that back." I end the call and he raises an eyebrow. 

"Fine. I was just playing with you." He takes my suitcase. "And dang have you gotten bigger." 

I roll my eyes and pinch his arm. 

"Ouch. I mean more beautiful." He chuckles nervously and leads the way to his car. We have some small talk here and there until we get in his car. I sit in the passenger seat and wait for him to put my suitcase in the back trunk. He climbs into the driver's seat and hands me a warm cup of hot cocoa. 

"I see you remember." 

"Of course. Gotta satisfy those cravings. And you're eating for two now. Why don't we go grab something?" He asks.

"Well then. You have to choose the place because I can't choose one." 

He nods. "Count on it. Jungkook to the rescue to help this pregnant lady!" He yells and I laugh, my cheeks flushing because I was embarrassed.

"Gosh, you're such a kid."

"Okay old lady." 

"." 

"Grandma."

"er." 

And he laughs while making a turn. We end up at a Thai restaurant. There, I order pad thai and he orders red curry with chicken. As we both enjoy our meal, I couldn't deny that I was feeling very happy. Memories of our childhood come to life.

"So this ball thing, are there going to be many people?" I ask.

"Yeah. You know how my company became very successful in the last six months. I really couldn't believe it when I got the invitation. Wait, I'm just kidding. I knew it was going to happen." He smirks conceitedly. I gave it to him though, he worked his off for this. 

"And you decided to invite me." 

"We went over this Skye. Please, let's not." He pleads and I sigh. 

"Fine. But you should really go out and date you know? I know there's gotta be a girl somewhere that you're at least interested in. You're a rich and handsome man. Your personality is great. No woman is ever going to turn that down." 

He blushes and eats a piece of bamboo in the curry. "Thanks." 

I nod. "It's the truth." 

 

After lunch, he had driven us to one of the luxurious hotels in Las Vegas. To be frank, Las Vegas was filled with plenty of fancy hotels, bars, etc. It was kind of like the party city from which I heard. I follow Jungkook upstairs. He had already rented a room for me personally. His room was across from mine and it was no surprise when we were on the VIP floor. 

I walk into my room. The room was beautiful. Thank goodness it had a homey feel to it. I was tired of the classy, black and white style. Instead, the room was decorated with warm colors of red, gold, and a mix of brown. There was even a fireplace in the living room and a kitchen. In the other room, there was a large king sized bed along with a couch that was perpendicular to it. There was also a flat screen television. 

And the bathroom was the size of my kitchen and living room together. It had a bathtub in one end and a glass shower in the other. What the hell? How needs two when they do the same thing? Damn, if only I could afford a house this large. I wondered how much it was to spend a night here? Jungkook had told me not to worry about any costs. He said as long as I showed up with my large tummy then everything would be taken care of. Now, I'm kind of regretting how much he was spending on me. It was probably more than I made per year or even two years. 

The large balcony had the view of the whole city or at least part of it. There was a pool below and I could still see people swimming around in it along with a bar stand where the adults were ordering drinks. 

Well, no alcohol for me but some juice would sound good. I rang for service and ordered a glass of orange juice. While I waited, I organized my things and changed into a pair of comfy sweatpants and t-shirt. This was what I wore nowadays. I had no time to dress nicely and it wasn't ideal for a large baby bump. 

Later in the day, Jungkook had invited me to go out for dinner. I accepted since there was nothing to do. We went out to a Mediterranean restaurant and then strolled around the city. It was a good exercise for me and the baby. I came back and knocked out like a baby. 

I woke up to a knock. . it was eleven am in the morning. Panicking, I walk to open the door. Jungkook stood there in a dress shirt and black slacks. He looked handsome and I always wondered why he chooses to be single. I was pretty sure many girls wouldn't question going out with him. He was a good guy. Just not the one for me. 

"Wakey wakey." He chuckles as he examines my messy hair and wrinkled clothing.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to oversleep." I squint at him. 

He shakes his head and behind him were three stylists. I look at him in shock and confusion. "What?" I mouthed so that they wouldn't hear me.

He shrugs. "They're here to help you get dressed and as you girls call it, "Makeover!" right?" He says makeover in a girlish voice and I laugh hard. Oh gosh, he was a dork. 

"Yeah, I guess. But I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter