|One|

Love Me, Heal Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It rains heavily. I walk out of the taxi in my heeled boots which weren't much help. Stupid shoes. I had just came from a fan meeting for my new book and did not have time to change. I had hoped all my effort would pay off for this book since I had been struggling with my career. I open the umbrella that I just bought from the store. I was in a rush to her funeral. I had flown from New York to California in three hours notice and had grabbed nothing but my purse.

My best friend Irene was now gone. Tears sprang to my eyes as I try my best not to cry. I loved her like she was my sister. The realization hit me as I saw the group of familiar people huddling around her grave before they put her to rest.

They were now throwing white roses before her burial. I pant hard as they made way for me. Picking up one of the roses that was left for me, I said a few last words and laid my rose above her casket. I watch as they finally start to cover it up with soil. Everywhere was muddy and dirty. I couldn't imagine living without her anymore. Tears continue to flow as my lips tremble. I swallow hard as I look around and finally, my eyes met his. 

His dark and lifeless eyes as he held his daughter in his arms. He starts to coo to her to keep her quiet and calm but I could see the heartbreak he was experiencing. He had dark circles under his eyes and was trying to keep strong. He finally looks up and we made eye contact. His jaw ticks as he looks at me making me shudder. Why did he give me such an intense stare? It's been over three years since I've last seen him. He's grown more muscular for sure, his arms bulkier. More handsome too. 

I sigh and walk over to him. They were sheltered under a small tree that protected them from the rain. 

"Hey, Sehun." I gave a small smile although it hurt to see him. 

"You finally came back. After she's dead." He gives an annoyed chuckle. I didn't know why he was acting like such an . But I try my best to ignore it. It was probably because of her death that he was acting this way; he was probably just looking for someone to annoy and put his anger on.

"Yes, I'm back. I'm so sorry about this. All of this." I reply. Again, his jaw ticks. This was probably the first time that I've ever spoken this much to him. But I'm not like the shy girl anymore. I think. 

"If you don't mean it, don't say it at all." He says and glares at me. 

"What the hell is your problem?" I say sternly. "She was my best friend. I loved her like a sister. You're not the only one who lost someone." I glare at him. Suddenly, the baby starts to cry. 

"Shuu... Stella. It's okay, sweetheart. Shu..." He starts to rock her but she didn't budge. She squeals even harder making Sehun panic. 

"Give her to me," I say.

"No." He glares and continues to rock her, she squirms and slaps her dad in the nose.

"Sehun, give her here," I say again and he finally gives in. 

I carry Stella and smile at her. "Oh look at this beautiful girl. Who is this beautiful girl, huh?" I start to coo and she finally stops crying. She stares at me curiously. It's the first time that I've held her or even met her. I remember moving three years ago just after they had gotten married. I was now twenty-seven and barely survived in New York as a writer. My dreams had definitely not gone they way I had planned.

"You look just like your mama. You know? Beautiful and gentle. With your pretty brown eyes. You got your dad's nose I see." I nuzzle my nose with hers and she giggles. She cups my face and attempts to eat my cheeks. I giggle at her adorableness and glance up to see Sehun staring at me in surprise. 

I cough and continue to hold her. She suddenly nuzzles her face into the crook of my neck and yawns. I guess she was really tired just like how her father looks. He probably didn't have any sleep for a few days straight. "How old is she?" I ask him. 

He yawns and blinks. "Fourteen months." 

"So young," I whisper and frown. I gently rub her back as she sleeps.

"She likes you. I'm surprised. She rarely lets anyone carry her at all. Especially not that close." He says. 

"Well, I'm not just anyone right princess?" I say and we watch as they are almost done finishing Irene's grave.

"Where are you staying?" He asks me out of the blue. 

"Um... I don't know yet. I came as fast as I could here. I didn't have time to book a hotel at all." Not that I could afford one even if I tried to. I had spent the two-thirds of the money I had saved up for my upcoming rent to buy the ticket to California. Now I was stressing about returning back home to my apartment in New York. "It was all so sudden when I got the news about her funeral three hours ago. I just came straight here." I reply.

"Where were you when she needed you the most Skye? What about when she died?"

"Sehun, can we not talk about it here? Please for the sake of the baby?" I beg.

He sighs heavily, giving in. "If you don't mind, you can sleep at our place. Now, there's only the two of us. And you could probably save some money. Plus, we have to catch up on so many things." He says to me, his face angry somehow. I gulp and nod. 

"Ok," I reply and we wait until they finish everything. I was still holding Stella in my arms when we walk back to his car. He had offered to carry her but I decline. She was starting to grow on me with her little self. I also didn't want to risk her waking up. I couldn't imagine the stress she'd have to go through; growing up motherless. 

I hand her to him as he put her in her pink car seat. 

"Just give me your address. I'll call a taxi to drop me off there." I say and took out my phone.

"Just get in the car, Skye." He groans in irritation. 

"No, it's completely fine. I'll just grab a taxi and meet you at your house." 

"Now." He says it with a growl which was kind of y. Oh, what the hell Skye, you can't go on hitting on your dead best friend's husband! I sigh and sit in the passenger seat. My hands are crossed in my lap after I had put on my seat belt. We sit in silence as he drives us to his home. I've never back been in California for a while now.

It's been three years since I cut myself out of this place. The last day was during their wedding and now the first day that I am back is because of her funeral. How ed up was that. I should've been here when she was alive. I didn't know she was depressed and suicidal. She lived such a happy life with her little family. Her little baby that I've never got to meet. She had sent me pictures of her when she was pregnant; she was glowing actually. Beautifully and gracefully. But I had forbidden myself from seeing them physically because of the torture I'd have to go through. I still loved him, I had to admit. Was it wrong? 

Was it selfish of me to cut my friendship off with Irene because I had loved her husband? But then again, he loved someone else and now they had a child. But now that someone is dead. My best friend is dead. My heart sank deep into my chest as I thought about the emptiness that would surround him. His little family was barely hanging there. The poor baby girl as well. 

I sat and stare as he drove for what seems like forever. Forty-five minutes later and we finally stop at a huge three-story house. I stare in awe, the house was very big and beautiful. It was more than I could ever afford. I could barely afford a small apartment with my little success as a writer. My newest book was doing okay but it wasn't enough to help me live through a year. 

"Wow," I say and stare at Sehun. He stares at me as if he was surprised that I was amazed at his house. "It's glamorous. Nice taste." I my dry lips. The house seems so isolated with the amount of area surrounding it. The grass was green looking and healthy despite the fact that it was rain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter