|Two|

Love Me, Heal Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I wake up to the sound of dishes clanging. I slip on my pair of pants and my blouse before going downstairs. I look at the clock and see that it is only two-seventeen am. I yawn, still tired from the little sleep that I had. I walk into the kitchen where the lights were dimly light and see a whiskey glass bottle broken on the tiled glass. Straight from the whiskey bottle, I can see Sehun drinking himself away. His face is full of falling tears, his eyes red. His long beard wet from the alcohol and probably his tears. He is crying hard and instantly, I feel bad for him. Was it what I said earlier that made him break down like this? , Skye.

"Sehun," I mumble quietly but he doesn't care to look at me. He gulps down another whiskey bottle that is one-fourth full and groans as the alcohol burns his throat.

" this. it all. Why did she do this to me! Was it my fault right Skye? Oh god, it was my fault." 

I rush up to him and force the bottle out of his hands. He cries hard again. I gather him in my arms and hug him, offering comfort. It was the first time we've actually had physical contact, but it felt... I didn't know. Right? It was all I could give him, a shoulder to lean on.

"It's not your fault Sehun... it was no one's fault. I'm so sorry about what I said earlier." I rock him back and forth, one of my hand rubbing his back to soothe him. 

"I'm so sorry Irene." He mumbles and hugs me harder. "I should've known you were depressed. I should've known at least I would've been able to offer you help. Offer you what you wanted. What you begged me... I'm so sorry."

"Hey, shu... It's okay Sehun. Everything is going to be alright," I lie. It wasn't okay. He was a mess. He looked like and reeked of alcohol. 

"I thought we could've worked this out. I thought it was going to be okay. It wasn't. I'm so sorry Irene..." He slurs the last words as he falls into a deep sleep. I sigh in frustration. I guess me coming back did not ignite good feelings or memories. I try my best to lift him off the ground. Knowing that I was not going to be able to take him upstairs into his room, I help bring him to the couch earlier. "Well since I couldn't sleep here, you could," I mumble and tuck him in with the throw blanket I found in one of the closets. 

I stare at his face. He was stressed. His face scrunched up as if he was in great pain. His eyebrows finally relax out of its harsh furrow. I could see the wrinkles under his tired eyes. Gosh, it seemed like he had aged so much since earlier today. How was that even possible?

I swallow and run my hand through his tangled and too long hair. He moves his head to my touch and I could feel a small tear run down my cheek. He was hurting. Oh, he was hurting so much... too much. I'm betting this is the first time he's actually slept peacefully thanks to the alcohol. I quickly wipe the tear away and go to clean the kitchen before going back to sleep in the guest room upstairs. But I couldn't sleep at all. 

I wake up quickly. Oh gosh, I told myself I was going to wake up early to check up on Sehun and Stella. Knowing Sehun was drunk as hell earlier. I rush to wash up again. I tie my long hair in a quick bun and walk down to the first floor. The smell of bacon and eggs fill the house. My stomach grumbles before I see Sehun setting the table up. He glances up after setting down two plates. 

Today was going to be super awkward after the events earlier. I need to keep my mouth shut before I say anything stupid again. "Morning." I greet awkwardly. "Sorry, I was supposed to wake up earlier. I just..." I didn't know what to say but he cut me off before I could continue.

"Morning to you too. It's okay Skye, you're a guest." He says and gives me a funny look like he was embarrassed. But that was all he says before he goes back into the kitchen. Well, I guess it was going to be harder than I thought. I glance back and see baby Stella playing with her little toy as she sits on the carpet. It was more like she was eating her toy. 

"Morning to you too princess." I smile and pick her up. She smiles at me too, her hair all wild from her sleep. I laugh and comb my fingers through her hair, gently trying to it down somehow. She drops her toy on the floor and instead, cups my face as she babbles. There was a little drool coming from the corner of and I grab a napkin to wipe it away.

"Foo foo," she says as I giggle. She was adorable. "Foo foo."

"What was that?" I ask. "Foo? Is someone hungry too?" I nuzzle her cheek and she squeals with laughter. My heart constricts for a bit when the realization that Irene isn't here anymore hits me. I close my eyes and blink away the tears. How can someone leave this precious little girl? 

"She's hungry." Sehun chimes in finally. "That's really the only word she knows right now. She hasn't even called me dad yet, which is kind of said." He chuckles.

I grin and walk us both to the dining table and set her in her purple high chair. Sehun places her plate filled with scrambled eggs, cut strawberries, and steamed peas. She begins to eat immediately making me smile. I was glad she was a good eater and not a picky baby when it comes to food. He also places her sippy cup filled with apple juice beside her plate and grins at the mess she's already made. 

He sits in the chair beside her and motions for me to sit as well. I do and am in the seat directly across from his. The table is filled with bacon, eggs, fruits, and toast. I was thankful for the food, I hadn't eaten since yesterday morning which was crazy. But I was too tired and depressed to eat anything else after her funeral. Now, at least I have an appetite. 

I bite into the bacon and let out a small moan. It was so good and crispy. It had been a few months since I've eaten bacon and this was totally delicious. I open my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter