Entering the Contest

The Love Contest

When you first saw the comercial about the Boyfriend contest, you were relaxing on the couch, eating Pocky. You were sitting cross-legged, aggressively munching your food as you listened intentively for more details. 

"The letters will be due in the next month. Please send them as fast as you can!" You immediately paused the television to grab a piece of paper and a ball-point pen. Then you took the remote and repressed the play button. A few seconds later, Boyfriend appeared on the television screen. "An nyoung ha sae yo!" You giggled to yourself, trying not to fangirl scream. The comercial then ended, and you shut off the t.v. You began writing your letter, imagining all of the possibilities that could happen. 

 

Dear boyfriend,

My name is you and I'd like to be on the show because I am a big fan, and would love to experience meeting all of you! 

 

You finished writing the long detailed paragraph, carefully thinking about every word you put down. You decided that tomorrow morning, when you were finished getting ready, you would take the four pictures... Before you put on your makeup.

The next morning, you woke up extra early to get ready, dressing in one of your favorite outfits. You didn't want any of the Boyfriend members to pick you, for something you weren't, so you dressed in one of your favorite, but regular-day clothes. Your outfit was a black crop top, skinny jeans, and grey converse. For you hair, you shifted it to the side, letting your hair flow down past your neck like a waterfall.

You pulled out your fancy Canon camera randomly taking photos of yourself, just as planned. You walked down the hallway to your room, transferring the pictures to your computer. You ended up printing a picture of you and your tongue sticking out, you smiling with your teeth, you smiling without your teeth, and your famous bubble face. You put them into an envelope, with the letter you had wrote the other night.

You looked at the clock, and rushed downstairs. I'm going to be late. You grabbed your backpack, and barged out the door. Sprinting down the street, you quickly shoved the letter into the mailbox.