8. Meet new people

How to get over your crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The one that I had inside my head only you
I’m in the midst of going crazy in the fantasy that seems just like reality
oh no no It can’t be it Really it can’t be you

Days passed and I didn’t know what to do. I was stuck. Hyorin didn’t find anything and was busy. I was still doing the work at the orphanage, the weather was getting colder and so did my heart. One day, after doing some work with Suho and learnt to make tomato soup, I stopped by Taehyung’s store. Suho was kind enough to give me a ride.

"Annyeong, Taehyung."

"Hey, Mina-sshi, long time no see, how are you?"

As he was arranging some sodas on the shelves I talked about my classes, the work at the orphanage, all the things I did excepting my detective work.

"That’s great, Mina-sshi", said Taehyung, giving me his famous squared smile. However, something was wrong.

"What’s wrong, Taehyung, can I help you with something?"

He looked down and played with his foot, thinking if he should tell me what’s on his mind or not.

"Come on, we’re friends, if there’s something wrong, we’ll get through it, you just have to tell me." I put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him and make him look at me.

"Thank you, your words gave me power, Mina-sshi", he said smiling more convincing this time.

I left the store after I got a promise from him, that he’ll tell when he needs my help. Thinking about my friend’s problems, I walked the long way to home. It was a cold afternoon, I didn’t have any classes, I should have been contempt. Even though I didn’t know exactly what struggles Taehyung had, I still felt bad. We should be capable of helping the ones we cared about. It hurt more because I didn’t know what better words to give him. When our friends are hurt, it’s inevitable that we aren’t too. At least I know he has some problems, how awful it must have been for him to go through this alone.

Those were the thoughts running in my head when I entered the nearby park. The weather was cold, but the sun was still shinning. I looked up and let the sun warm my face. Continuing my road, I saw a couple in front of me, I knew who they were. I wanted to shout after them to wait for me, but then I noticed they were holding hands. My brain detected an error. It couldn’t be. She would have told me, she was my friend. And that guy, how dare he come into my house and do something like this afterwards?

Still in doubt, I started to follow them. It didn’t took me long to find out what was happening when they shared a kiss. I turned around and headed home frustrated and angry. It hurts more when you are hurt by a friend rather than a stranger.

After three cups of tea, running around the living room for half an hour, I was still confused. Baekhyun found me in the kitchen cooking like crazy. The whole kitchen was filled with flour and ingredients.

"Waaa, sister, what are celebrating?"

I gave him a deadly glare and he backed off. He knew I was cooking cakes and sweets only when I was upset.

"Come on, tell me what happened", he requested as he tasted some lemon cream out of a bowl.

I rested on the furniture and thought about how to explain.

"You have friends", I started.

"Is it so impossible to believe?", he asked offended.

"Let me finish, okay? You tell each other everything, right?"

"Well, not really, I’m not particularly curious about their hygiene, for example."

"Baekhyun", I shouted hitting his shoulder with a spatula.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter