Adjusting Your Mindset

How to get over your crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, I still couldn’t see that miracle
Don’t ask if this is a dream anymore
I’m waiting, my heart is burning, time is being wasted
It’s too wasteful to just pass this by tonight.

After I got home I texted my partner in crime, Hyorin and she agreed it's an emergency. I took a shower and let the hot water wash away my tears. On the other side, it didn't do anything about my frustration and anger. Wrapped like a sushi in my comfiest pajamas and bathrobe, I went to my room. Hyorin was already there, lighting candles and unwrapping sweet treats.

"Waa, you are goals, you know", I asked crashing on my bed.

"I know, pumpkin", she said, laying down next to me and caressing my hair.

We stood in silence for a while. It was beautiful, to know that I still had someone who cared about me and can enjoy silence together. I am being so dramatically.

"Hey, did you fall asleep?"

"No, I didn't. I was just thinking. Why does it hurt so much", I questioned looking at her with a hurt puppy face and she just smiled back.

"Yaa, why are you smiling, do you enjoy my suffering?"

"I enjoy seeing you in love", she stated. "Come on, it didn't worked. Now. First of all, we don't know what you saw for certain, who the girl is or what Chanyeol thinks about her. But I will found out and we'll decide then."

"Will you do that?", I asked full of hope.

"Of course, I'm a hero after all", she stated full of confidence.

"Daebak", I said and we both laughed.

The next day my best friend got into her detective role. We attended our classes as usual, but were more careful about rumors and what’s going on. I tried to concentrate on my class. At the beginning professor Sohyang announced the success of one group of students among us at a local competition. We congratulated them and after that I lost track of the course, I had to make a plan. Of course we didn’t find out anything so fast, but we were determined. At lunch time we had a meeting to discuss our plan.

"How are we going to act?", I asked Hyorin who was scanning the canteen.

"If they are really in love, they will make a mistake", she said looking as wise as a one hundred years old monk. "Think about it, they are on the first phase of their relationship. They are all lovey dovey so we will see signs and change of behavior."

"He’s not here and many girls are in love here. But I will ask Baekhyun to see where they are." I got my phone from my purse and texted Baekhyun.

To Baek Bro.

Hi, are you coming to eat? Let’s eat together.

From Baek Bro.

I can’t, I forgot I have an essay to finish for tomorrow. I’m at the library.

To Baek Bro.

That’s nasty. Good luck.

From Baek Bro.

Yaa, bring me a sandwich or something.  

To Baek Bro.

Sorry, I’m busy.

From Baek Bro.

You’re so mean, wow.

To Baek Bro.

I have to go to my last class, aren’t any of the boys at the canteen? I could send it through them.

From Baek Bro.

I knew you weren’t like that. J They headed there, only Lay and I forgot about the essay.

"I got this.", I said proudly, informing Hyorin about the boy’s arrival. I bought a sandwich and some lemonade and went to search them.

"They’re here", pointed Hyorin and pulled my sleeve, directing me. As we approached them, we could hear Chanyeol and Xiumin talking about the new cake shop.

"….tonight at 6pm so …. Practice not going to make it." That’s all I could understand from what Chanyeol said due to all the noise. His voice is still pretty. He still looks so good. My silent hate didn’t do anything to him.

"Hey, girls", waved Xiumin as he saw we were standing there not saying anything. Very subtle, Mina.

"Hey. Could you please give this to Baekhyun?", I asked Xiumin.

Of course, he began laughing remembering how stressed my brother was.

"Those idiots forgot to do the essay. And professor Nam is so severe", said D.O chewing his food. "Should I borrow him my notes?", he asked me. He looked so cute, I can’t understand why people are afraid of him.

"It’s okay, sweetie, he knows he needs to learn there, let him handle it", I told him.

"Ooo, that kind of harsh", said Chen laughing.

"Like a true ice princess", commented Sehun.

"Shut up, Sehun." I wanted to say a few things to him, but Hyorin stopped me. We said goodbyes to the boys and headed outside.

"We got information now. Let’s make the plan", Hyorin stated.

"He’s going to be there tonight at 6pm. Are you free this evening, miss?", I smirked at Hyorin.

"I’ll join you gladly", Hyorin smiled and took my arm. We began walking together to the university’s gate when we realized I still had a class to attend and she to finish an assignment so we parted ways.

We met around 5.30 pm at the bus stop near our house. We laughed seeing each other, we were both wearing black: black sneakers, black jeans, t-shirts and jackets.

"Looking professional", I said looking at her from head to toes.

"Didn’t watch Healer and City Hunter and any other drama with cool spying boys for nothing", Hyorin replied. "But I have something to complete our outfit."

"What’s that?" I looked curious at what Hyorin was pulling out from her backpack and laughed.

"There you go", she said handing me a black cap. She had one exactly similar, of course.

"Thanks, we are ready now." Got in the bus shortly. It was going to be a ten minutes ride only.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter