4. Mix up your routine

How to get over your crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don’t need a map my heart points me to you
Even if the road ahead is rough I can’t do this where I stand
There wasn’t a moment we were apart or when I forgot about you
If only I can see you at the end of the horizon.

Time passed, I was busy with my classes, but still gave some glances to my handsome boy. Every time I looked at him I was feeling guilty. The “forget about him plan” wasn’t going so smooth. The next step on my list was to mix up my routine. Spending so much time in the library, I was indeed looking for a change. So when I saw the flyers that the local orphanage is looking for volunteers, I didn’t give much thought and just go with the flow. I was never very fond of children and I saw this as an opportunity to fix that thing. Love should make you do better things, it’s enough that it makes you do stupid things, right?
And because I don't like children too much, I volunteered as a kitchen help. At least I could improve my cooking. The orphanage is a little far, it takes me approximately half an hour with my bike to get there. On my first day, on Saturday, it was sunny so it was a pleasure to ride my bike. Even though the road is surrounded by a beautiful, now brown forest, it’s not a problem, more a delight. I got there and saw kids playing, throwing brazen leaves at each other and laughing. This might be enjoyable. I arrived a bit early, but a young lady came to me.
"Annyeong, can I help you?"
"Yes, I came to volunteer, at the kitchen", I added. She was a little odd, she could be a model, but also an alien. Her long black hair and her bangs made her look very young. She was wearing a colorful poncho and I thought she must have been very liked by the kids.
"Great, we are very delighted that you decided to help us. I'm Bom, but everyone around here calls me Bommie."
"I'm Mina, nice to meet you," I said as we shook hands.
"Let me lead you to the kitchen, I'll show the place and introduce you the others. Do you like children?", Bom asked.
"No, not really", I mumbled and she started laughing. 
"You might change your opinion on them", she mentioned as we passed through some corridors. They were white and tall, but full of paintings. Some paintings were very low put, which was sad because it meant the kids who put them there were very young. It was nice and clean, even had many plants. I noticed something after a big freesia. I stopped and looked at the tiny figure. We both stared in each other’s eyes. She was petite with caramel brown hair, holding a big teddy bear in her hands. The thing that startled me the most about her were her eyes. They were big and brown like dark chocolate. Despite the delight her face was to watch, the look in her eyes was full of sorrow. She was little, scared and beautiful. 
"Mina, go outside and play with the others", Bom said.
"What, I came to help," I explained confused.
"Not you, her", Bom chuckled. "This adorable creature has the same name as you."
We continued our way, but that little Minah's encounter still made me feel somehow uneasy.
The chef and his help were very friendly and showed me what to do. I began with peeling the potatoes. After a while, some voices from outside were heard. The others volunteers must have arrived. But only one came to the kitchen. It was Suho. Never guessed he would come here.
"Annyeong, oppa."
"Mina-sshi, what are you doing here?"
"I'm a volunteer, you?"
"Me too. In the kitchen, of course, I want to improve my cooking skills. Xiumin cooks to well." I laughed at his jealousy.
"Xiuminnie's stew is daebak. Good luck defeating that."
"Oh, shut up," pouted Suho as he laid down on a small chair and started pealing the potatoes with me. He is always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter