1. Stop talking to your crush

How to get over your crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was mesmerized by the mysterious you and stared at you and had my one soul stolen
Because I am completely drunk at your movements, I even forgot how to breathe
Like a waltz, I sit lightly and can’t take my eyes off of you.

I’ve known Chanyeol for a year now. Have a crush on him for six months now. How couldn’t I? When he is so … simply perfect.

Being the quiet one, I didn’t say much, so he basically doesn’t know I exist. But I watched him, not like a stalker, more like a fine observer. He seems so tough, but if you pay attention, he has ( beside his smoking hot body) a great character. Maybe that’s why he decided to become a police man.

I don’t want to lie, he does know I exist, briefly. He knows me as I am, the sister of his friend, Baekhyun. Chanyeol came to attend the college in our city, a year ago, and he is in the same class as my brother. They get along very well, Chanyeol, as big and mature as he is, he is a bit shy. My brother made friends with him so easily though.

That wasn’t my case. Chanyeol came to our house a couple of times, but he stayed in my brother’s room so I didn’t see him that much. And I can’t tell my brother I like Chanyeol. Firstly, because he would probably tell me to stop seeing him, not because of who Chanyeol is, but because he is a boy. Secondly, because he would tease me all day long.

I’m a little different from my brother. He was always so out-going and funny, that’s why he makes friends so easily and everybody likes him. I, on the other hand, don’t like to socialize that much, I have some close friends and that’s it. The paradox is that I’m studying Public communications and international relationships. I chose that profile with the thought that it would make me more like my brother, talk more and surpass that state of lack of communications with the outside world. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not jealous of my brother. He was always an angel in my life. Our parents were always at work when we were young, but we took care of each other. When our father left us and got married in another city, we got over it together. I think sometimes that he’s the reason why I could continue smiling. Our mum is an artist and she is often gone around the country to promote her art. Luckily, she has a little success, we are not rich, but we don’t have to worry about money. I’m a year younger than Baekhyun. The buildings were we take the classes are near so we often go home together, or I wait for him at the sport field. During that time, I read or stay on my phone, or do some spying for my brother. There are other girls there, but to see the boys doing sports, to encourage them and gossip about how cool they are. Baekhyun wants to know how he looks in front of that girls and sometimes I tell him. Anything to make him happy.

My crush on Chanyeol was triggered by an ugly event. I have known Chanyeol for some time, he even came to our house by that time, but we didn’t exchange too many words. It was a cold winter, I finished my classes and it was already dark. I went to my brother’s gym, were he and his colleagues do sports in the winter, but he wasn’t there.

"He went home already", said Chen who saw me at the door and interrupted his practice. "He said his tummy hurts, I thought he told you."

"No, he didn’t. I’ll head home then. Thanks, Chen oppa", I said while heading to the door.

"We’ll finish soon, don’t you want a ride home?"

"No, thanks, focus on your practice, I’ll just take a walk in the fresh air."

"You should, you’re spending too much time in the library, Mina-ah."

"I’ll take care, I promise", I said to Chen winking. We grew up in this town together, so we all know each other. He was in the same class with my brother since kindergarten.

"That’s my girl", he said winking back and turning to his practice.

All good until then. I went outside and stared at the sky. It was gray, so beautiful. It was cold, but cold is also beautiful. I began walking home slowly, admiring the snow. I always liked how it sparkles in the right light.

I was a few blocks from my house. I decided to shorten the road heading on an alley. I saw at the end two boys, but I thought they were ok, from our town and I would probably know them. So I continued my way. I was to found out that they were exchanged students, for a week. It was their last day in our town and they were very drunk. They started picking on me, one playing with my scarf, the other with my sleeve. When the one in the right caressed my cheek I punched him, just like Baekhyun taught me. Hit and run. I knew he was going to be surprised, so I started running. But the other stopped me and gripped my hand. I turned to him, but in the next second he fell to the ground and went unconscious. I stared at him freezing, but spotted to my left a silhouette. It was tall and black. I was so scared. Maybe it was one of the ghosts Baekhyun scared me with when we were young. I didn’t want to move, scared that it would move too. Maybe I was the next victim.

"Are you okay?"

I looked at the immense shadow in slow motion. It was Chanyeol. I was so happy to see a familiar figure.

"Yes", I murmured.

He took my hand and began walking, leaving a boy on the ground and the other trying to care of him. Neither of us wore gloves. I looked at our hands. His hand was so big, his grip rough, yet gentle. It felt like an elephant on a feather.

"You know how to punch somebody, your brother taught you well."

The thing with Chanyeol I don’t get until now is that I don’t know when he is serious and when he jokes. I’m not that dumb, I understand sarcasm well, even use it often, but he doesn’t laugh after telling something funny like most people do. He just let statements in the air, take it or leave it, get from it what you want.

"Hmm, I guess", I answered. I regretted in that moment not having the ability of my brother to make conversation.

"We’re here", he said when we arrived. The lights in the street made his face visible. I stared at him and my heart started to beat faster. I was shocked by my heart’s reaction and blinded by his face. I wanted to look mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter