Chapter Three

♛GRAND ORDER♛KINGDOM WARFARE♛
    

    
CHAPTER THREE: DEMOLITION SQUAD
   the group was walking through a dark forest with only the moon to illuminate the path. 

"are we there yet?" whined jisoo. the group had been walking for half an hour and they still didn't seem to be getting close to their destination.

"no not yet, and keep your voice down, we don't want to get caught for now." storm said as he continued walking.

the group had been wandering around aimlessly and were starting to think that they were getting lost. the silence was broken when they heard a twig snap. the sound was not far from them which alerted everyone. soon enough more footsteps were heard and the sound was approaching from all directions.

"crap. were surrounded!" jineul took out his battle axe and looked to see where the first creature was going to come out. one by one the creatures surrounded them. everyone had their weapons out and waited for a signal to start fighting. the creature gave out the same inhumane roar that they heard a few moments back. all the creatures charged forward giving out the same roar. one by one they cut down creatures but more keep coming by the time they kill one. 

"there's no end to this! we need to escape for now!" shiki said as he was attacking the creatures in their dream state.

"how can we possibly escape this horde without them chasing us?" minyoung said as she shot at the creatures.

"everyone shut their eyes!" jisoo threw a blue crystal on top of the group releasing a blinding light. luckily everyone covered their eyes just in time.

the creatures yelled in agony as they were blinded by the flash. the group took advantage of this and ran off to another direction. after a while they manage to lose the creatures but they didn't stop walking as they know that more would come.

"alright i think we've lost them." storm said as he sat down.

"we did but how are we supposed to face the whole kingdom if we can't even take care of that?" hyunwook said as he stood next to his cousin.

"we'll think of something. in the mean time i suggest we keep going, we still need to see how big of a kingdom were actually facing." jineul said as he flicked the ear of his cousin. 

this time the group was now walking faster in order to avoid the creatures before they come up with a plan to successfully infiltrate and destroy the kingdom. shiki was just enjoying the view of the forest as he likes the way it looks at night. minyoung and sou could feel how suprisingly relaxed he felt even with the situation they are in. after a few more minutes of walking, the group finally spots what appears to be a wall. they found the entrance and it was guarded by a lot of creatures.

"looks like they expected company." chanhyuk said.

"bet they were warned by the other things that we were here." raven said as she sat behind the bush the group was in.

"alright so what's the plan?" daehyun said as she looked at storm.

"well, as far as i see it, the quickest way to infiltrate the kingdom, find the portal and destroy it, destroy everything else is if we split into two groups. 1 group would infiltrate and find the portal, while the other team would be a diversion to attract most of the creatures attention luring them to the other group." storm said as he looked at everyone for approval.

"unless shiki comes up with another plan. shiki, do you have one?" storm said.

"no, not at the moment." shiki said as he looked like he was thinking about the plan storm had in mind. the reply caused minyoung to snicker.

"it's not like you could do any better." shiki faced minyoung.

"enough you two." sou intervened. 

"it isn't the greatest plan but it's worth a shot." chanhyuk said as he stood up from his seat. his remark caused everyone to look at him with a slightly shocked impression.

"what?" chanhyuk said.

"this is the first time you'll actually follow a plan made by someone." jisoo said.

"don't get used to it. i'm only doing this now cause i'm too lazy to think of my own plan." chanhyuk said as he gave a little noogy on jisoo's head.

"alright so let's split the group into 5, those with really destructive powers which could easily grab attention are the one's who will be the diversion, while the rest come with me and help find the portal. remember that our watches could be used to communicate with each other so don't hesitate to use them if you're in danger." storm said as he assigned everyone into their groups based on their powers.

jisoo, chanhyuk, raven, daehyun, and hyunwook were chosen as "demolition squad" while the rest were with storm in finding the portal. 

"alright create a diversion so that we can sneak into the gates." jineul said.

chanhyuk and his group ran to the right side of the wall. he gathered an immense amount of chi into his right hand and slammed his fist into the wall creating a big hole alerting the creatures who were infront of the gate.

"that's cool." yuihwi muttered under her breath. storm managed to hear this even though she spoke quietly. 

"alright most of them left let's move." storm said as his group ran to the entrance taking out the creatures that were left.

the demolition squad decided to split up to keep the creatures attention divided. everyone had the same idea of targeting the buildings to create as much havoc as possible. it was complete chaos, buildings were on fire, the streets were filled with hordes of creatures chasing each member of the squad. 

"alright, looks like we've got most of them occupied." hyunwook said as he used his necromancy to raise up many dead warriors to fight.

"you guy's better hurry up and find that portal. it looks like more of them are coming." raven said as she tossed a flurry of lightning at the creatures.

"alright let's hurry up and shut down that portal, I have a feeling the reinforcements are also coming from the portal." Storm said as the group practically started running.

The group manage to find a large spiral tower in what seems to be the center of the kingdom. they could see a blue light on top of the tower which could possibly the light coming from the portal.

"the portal is all the way up there?" yuihwi said as a feeling of laziness took over everyone's body due to the height of the tower.

"probably, come on we need to destroy it to prevent more of them from coming." jineul said. the group was approaching the tower stealthily to avoid being seen by the creatures.

the ground was shaking as large footsteps that came from a larger creature could be heard. the group ran to the entrance of the tower but were blocked by the huge creature. it looked like those creatures that the other group was fighting but bigger, bulkier, and had what looked like armor on it. three red crystals exploded onto the creature followed by zaps of lightning. jisoo and raven started to distract the huge creature. the creature gave a loud roar and started chasing the two.

jineul and the rest entered the tower and immediately saw the stairs that would lead them to the top. every time they reach a floor they get even more tired than before. they weren't even halfway there and they were already exhausted.

"i got an idea." minyoung said as she created what looked like a beanstalk from their current floor. everyone got on and the beanstalk rose quickly to the top. 

"why didn't you think of this earlier?" shiki said as he was still catching his breath.

minyoung just glared at him for being ungrateful. 

"this method is better than walking." sou said trying to lighten up minyoung's mood.

as they finally reached the top they saw a door that was guarded by 2 creatures. 

yuihwi threw senbons covered in blood at the creatuers and soon enough the guards experienced a seizure and fell to the ground.

"what does your blood exactly do to them?" minyoung asked out of curiosity.

"it travels into their system and infects it destroying them from the inside." yuihwi said as she walked beside her.

"i'm gonna bust open this door and get ready to fight."  storm said as he was infront of the door.

with one swift kick the door fell onto the ground and as expected more than a dozen of creatures were guarding the portal and even more were coming from the portal. the group sprung into action. yuihwi threw her blood-covered senbons at the creatures. minyoung took out her revolver and started shooting with pin point accuracy. jineul took out his battle axe and storm took out his twin blades and proceeded to attack most of the creatures. shiki was putting the other creatuers into their dream state where they would be vulnerable to his attacks. one by one the creatures guarding the portal fell. what they did not expect was that a fresh batch of monsters coming out of the portal as soon as they take out the guards.

"oh for sake!" jineul shouted in frustration as he fired ice shards at the incoming enemies.

"we need someone to destroy the portal now!" shiki said.

"i'll do it!" storm said as he was getting ready to fire his cosmic beam at the portal. his palms were glowing yellow and getting brighter and brighter. as it looked as bright as the sun, he fired the beam cutting through most of the creatures that were in the way, striking the portal.

the portal was receiving damage until it finally got destroyed. the destruction of the portal sent out a wave of force pushing everyone back to a wall. minyoung hit her head at the wall when she came in contact with it leaving her unconcious. 

sou and shiki saw her unconcious but sou reacted first and ran to her side shiki followed shortly keeping the monsters away from the two.

"alright, i think that's the last of them." jineul said as the group went to the center of the room with sou carrying minyoung who was unconcious.

"what happened to her?" yuihwi asked as she went closer.

"when the blast pushed us back, her head hit the wall pretty hard. she's unconcious right now, she'll be fine." sou explained as shiki gave a little snicker.

"this isn't funny, we are in a very dangerous situation right now. especially with one of our members down." sou glared at shiki who just rolled his eyes.

"i'll take you 3 to the car where we can put minyoung." jineul said as they all walked out of the room.

"wait, with minyoung unconcious we have to walk all the way down." storm said as the feeling of laziness once again filled the atmosphere.

"and that is your concern, right now?" yuihwi bluntly blinked, starting down the stairs as she had looked back at the others. 

"and you even felt happy that she was unconcious." sou said while looking at shiki.

"let's just get this over with." jineul said as he followed the group just shaking his head at slight pout and annoyed look on storm's face as he stompped down the stairs. 

***

explosions and screams could be heard everywhere as the demolition squad wrecked havoc upon the entire kingdom.

"this is very tiring but fun at the same time." jisoo said as she threw multiple red crystals at the creatures with each exploding.

"i gotta agree with the little blonde, i never knew causing this much mayhem was enjoyable." hyunwook said as he threw hellfire across the streets with the flames consuming everything in its path.

"we still have some problems to deal with. turns out there are more of those giant creatures. we need to finish this as fast as possible or it'll be harder to deal with a huge army plus the giants at the same time." raven said while cutting through a horde of creatuers with her halberd sparking with lightning.


"I FOUND ONE OF THE GIANTS." DAEHYUN SAID AS SHE TOSSED A LARGE FIREBALL AT THE CREATURE WHICH MADE IT ROAR OUT IN PAIN.

"YEP WE HEARD." RAVEN SAID APPROACHING DAEHYUN'S SIDE FOLLOWED BY THE OTHERS.

"IS THIS GONNA BE LIKE ONE OF THOSE CREATURES WITH A CERTAIN TYPE OF WEAKNESS?" CHANHYUK SAID AS HE RAN TO THE CREATURE WITH HIS GLOWING FISTS IN WHICH DAEHYUN AND RAVEN FOLLOWED.

HYUNWOOK TOOK OUT HIS AUTOREVOLVERS AND STARTED SHOOTING AT THE LARGE MONSTER. 

JISOO NOTICED ANOTHER ONE APPROACHING. "GUYS THERE IS ANOTHER ONE COMING FOR US." JISOO SAID WHILE THROWING MORE CRYSTALS AT THE LARGE MONSTERS.

MORE OF THE LARGE MONSTERS APPEARED ONE BY ONE UNTIL THEY WERE COMPLETELY SURROUNDED. THE GROUP ALL JUMPED ONTO THE ROOFTOP OF A BUILDING TO GET A BETTER VIEW OF HOW MANY CREATURES THERE ARE.

"YEAH I TOTALLY AGREE THAT THIS IS REALLY FUN. THIS IS SO GREAT!" EVERYONE COULD HEAR RAVEN'S SARCASM.

"SO UH WHAT'S THE PLAN?" JISOO ASKED.

"IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE THEY ARE IMMUNE TO ANYTHING. THEY JUST HAVE A REALLY HARD EXTERIOR WHICH IS WHY IT FEELS LIKE WE DON'T DO ANY DAMAGE." DAEHYUN SAID AS SHE IGNITED HER SWORD WITH FLAMES.

"SO JUST KEEP ATTACKING?" CHANHYUK SAID. 

"NOT NECESsarily, we need to take them down one by one, if we all focus on different giants then it would take more time and would be more difficult." daehyun added as she hit one of the creatures with her sword. 

jisoo slightly bit her lip as she thought of something. "fend them off, okay! i am going to go get yuihwi." jisoo had already ran off as the other three didn't have a chance to protest. She ran just seeing the girl climbing down the last couple of stairs. "yuihwi, we need your help! Don't ask questions and just come with me." jisoo grabbed the girl's arm. 

"she's like a puppy, she follow you just by the sound of her name." jineul walked with sou and shiki. 

jisoo gave him a dirty look as she pulled yuihwi away. "ignore that buttface." she said to the other  "We need you to infect the creatures and alter their dna so that we can kill them easier. you can do that, right?" she asked as she dragged the other girl behind her 

"yes, i can do that." yuihwi told her "next time, a real curse word for a male like , douche, or bastard will be useful. i do know if you know that." yuihwi added 

jisoo chuckled. "i'll keep that in mind." jisoo pulled out a green crystal just throwing it down as she protected herself and yuihwi from a creatures arm from hitting them. 

yuihwi pulled out enough senbons just throwing them out when a creature would roar or open it's mouth so that it would swallow the senbon covered in blood. "it shouldn't take long for their skin to lose the protective coating." she blinkted at them

jisoo made a small sheild area for yuihwi. "stay behidn here until they are all taken care of." she told as she ran off throwing a few red crystals as she tossed a purple one to trap the monster so that daehyun could cut off it's head.it didn't take long for for them to finish. "You can come on out, yuihwi." jisoo called out to the other girl. 

"who knew, vampire, could be this usefull." hyunwook noted as he put up his pistols. 

yuihwi glared at him. "do not call me that." her eyes turned dark as she her heel. she didn't say anything as she walked back to the others. 

"how are we gonna completely destroy this entire kingdom, it's huge!" daehyun said as she jumped onto the roof.

"i'll check the book if there are some spells the could be useful." jisoo took out the book and began scanning.

"the rest of us should scout the area to see if there are creatures still roaming." hyunwook said as they all split up.

***

"your back, how'd it go?" storm said as he approached yuihwi.

"they just needed me to weaken the giants." yuihwi went to her seat in the van.

"hey, hyunwook what's taking so long?" jineul whined through the watch.

"sit your down and wait until we finish!" hyunwook retorted.

"hey i'm older than you, you little punk!" jineul said.

"kinda feels like your the child in this group, always whining." hyunwook said.

"oh just wait until you get back here you lit-" jineul was interrupted by raven saying "can you guys shut up?! we can all here you you know? god damn."

"alright i think i found the right spell. this is gonna blow up the entire kingdom for sure." jisoo said.

"everyone get back in the van, i'll cast the spell so that it goes of in a timer just enough for me to get to the van." jisoo said. she began reciting the incantation written in the book as symbols formed out of thin air and a pentagram showed. she added a few words to make the timer for the spell. 

"you done?" shiki said.

"yeah i'm heading towards you guys, start the car, the spell activates in 5 minutes." jisoo started running towards the hole in the wall that chanhyuk made.

roaring came out from behind her as she was running.

"oh come on." jisoo saw that the creatures found her and started chasing her. she threw multiple red crystals at the monster while running. the explosions could be heard by the members in the van.

"jisoo what's going on?" raven asked.

"umm, i got a horde of monsters chasing me, but i got this i'm by the entrance." jisoo said while the sound of more explosions followed.

jineul started the van and headed for the entrance. daehyun opened the door just in time for jisoo to get in. the group drove away from the kingdom and watched as the spell activated creating a huge explosion engulfing the entire kingdom.

"wait why don't we just do that in every kingdom? won't the explosion destroy the portal too?" storm said.

"the attack has to be fully focused on the portal to destroy it, area of effect like attacks won't destroy it completely, it'll just damage it." shiki said.

"yeah and it's gonna be tough if the spell gets activated and we end up getting trapped inside the kingdom." hyunwook said.

"looks like we're the third squad to take down a kingdom." storm said as he handed the map at the back of the van. the total number of red dots decreased to 3. every portal shut down turns the red dots into grey dots.

"nice, alright you guys must be starving after all that." jisoo said as she took out the book.

"yuihwi, let's try these, they look good." jisoo said as yuihwi nodded. they began conjuring the utensils first then followed by an immense amount of food. 

jisoo was handing out the plates and utensils to everyone while yuihwi was passing out the food.

"we deserve this meal right now." storm said as most of the members agreed.

"storm." jineul said.

"yeah what it is?" storm asked.

"i'm driving, feed me." jineul said as he opened his mouth just waiting for storm to put food in it.

"oh come on." 

 
AUTHOR NOTE
kezmer; hey! this may have taken a lot of time since i was doing a lot of school work lol. enjoy! the applications for the citizens are still open.