Chapter Nine

♛GRAND ORDER♛KINGDOM WARFARE♛
    

    
CHAPTER NINE: NEW FACE
   hwikyul along with princess suhye, ardyn and minho stepped into her home. they first noticed chanhyuk sleeping with his head resting on the sofa then they see jisoo who was also asleep on the sofa.

"that's the one who released the dragon and made a bond with it?" minho said as they all looked at jisoo. no one would expect such a brave move since the dragon was one of the deadliest creatures that was present in their land.

"she released the dragon my father sealed years ago and made a bond with it. i'm impressed." suhye said.

"take a seat first, i would like to discuss some matters with you three." hwikyul said as she hung her hood on a coat hanger and lead them to the dinner table.

"alright, what would we be discussing?" ardyn asked.

"mainly the problems we have." hwikyul said.

"oh boy here we go." minho said as he put his arms behind his head.

"the imperial nation has started it's search for wonho's murderer. they won't be able to track us here. i have hidden this place and made sure of that. the only problem is that the imperial nation continues to open portals to other dimenions. they research these creatures from other dimensions and start taming them to use for war." hwikyul said.

"that's not good, how many squads are currently active right now?" suhye asked ardyn.

"unfortunately only 4 squads are left and some of them even have less members." ardyn sighed.

"that's another problem, the imperial nation opens portals faster than the squads are destroying them. now i updated the maps you gave the squads and replaced the kingdoms that aren't harmful or a threat with green dots instead of red ones." hwikyul said as she pulled out the map showed them.

"so what are we going to do about the imperial nation?" minho asked.

"sending squad 9 in their current level of experience would be suicide, these kids wouldn't even defeat wonho even if they all fought him at once, i suggest that once they are fully rested and their magic is replenished you start giving them real training. i also suggest giving them at least one more person to join them to increase their chances of survival." hwikyul said as she looked at ardyn and minho.

"ardyn and minho, you two are elite mages, you should train these kids once they are replenished. i could help in healing them, i've been practicing." suhye said as she held out her palm which was glowing green.

raven and daehyun just walked in sweating from helping the bat creatures make houses for the citizens.

"oh princess suhye, you're here. my apologies for looking like this let me go change." daehyun said as bowed politely and pulled raven to the other side of the house which caused suhye to chuckle.

once they got back wearing new clothes they sat down with the rest.

"what were you guys talking about?" raven said as she grabbed an apple from the counter.

"giving you guys training, you all need to be prepared for when you face wonho's brothers." minho said.

"oh so the training we got from the academy wasn't enough. i figured." raven said as she bit the apple while daehyun glared at her.

"we're gonna need it, if none of us could take on wonho how would we take on his brothers?" daehyun told raven as raven rolled her eyes in defeat.

"wonho's aren't your only problem, i've never told you why i was the last member of my squad." hwikyul said as everyone leaned forward intrigued by what hwikyul was about to say next.

"minyoung's parent's were my teammates back then along with jisoo's father. everything was doing well, we destroyed the portals and defeated all the creatures within the kingdom. we picked a random red dot on the map for our next destination, when we got their we did the usual until we encountered the royal family. i am not exaggerating when i say they had gods on their side. these gods granted them powers beyond compare. one by one my comrades were struck down by the royal family, i manage to escape and was found by the bat creatures who took care of me." hwikyul finished her story.

"oh come on, this is just too much, we're gonna have to fight gods now? what will the portals show us next?" raven said.

"hey what the is up with all the noise im trying to slee-, oh dear lord, my apologies for the language your highness?" jineul walked out of the room he was sleeping in and saw all of them sitting in the dining table he immediately bowed and walked towards them.

"it's fine." princess suhye said calmly. 

jineul's short outburst awoken everyone as they started to get up. they immediately notice princess suhye in the dining table along with the others. they all greeted them and took as seat as they realized that they may be talking about something important.

"well now that you're all awake, we could relay to you the situation you are currently in." ardyn said.

hwikyul, suhye, minho and ardyn explained everything they had discussed to them causing some sighs and groans from the other members. 

"well that's the end of this discussion, any questions or violent reactions?" minho said as no one had the strength to say anything.

"alright well as soon you are all rested and replenished me and ardyn with start training you guys." minho said as he left the house with ardyn to go help with the house building.

"jisoo, minyoung and yuihwi please follow me." suhye said as she led the three to the living room.

"i'll start healing you one by one so that your energy and magic would replenish faster." suhye said as she gestured for jisoo to come sit infront of her. suhye placed her glowing palms on jisoo's back and proceeded with her magic.

jisoo could feel her body getting better and her magic energy filling up faster than normal. suhye did this with minyoung and yuihwi aswell. after finishing the three girls thanked her.

"now if you will excuse me, i would like to stroll around this new dimension for a while." suhye said as she gestured daehyun to come with her.

"yes i think you kids need some fresh air, so go on and take a walk outside." hwikyul said as she locked arms with her daughter yuihwi and took her outside.

everyone walked outside and either helped with the construction or just took a walk. 

yuihwi and hwikyul were walking through the forest.

"how come you didn't come back?" yuihwi asked.

"well just like your team, we were given the instructions not to comeback until we finish the jon and my job still wasn't finished." hwikyul explained.

"ah i see. what were they like?" yuihwi asked referring to hwikyul's teammates.

"they were like family. youngjae and mirae despite being husband and wife would always bicker with each other, none us dared to interrupt them so we just let them be. they were a deadly duo to be completely honest. jisoo's father, jaehwa, well he was the life of the party kinda like his daughter. he would lighten up the mood as best as he can. everyone in our team was unique." hwikyul said.

"your teammates really seem to care about you." hwikyul said as they both sat down near a river.

"yeah, i didn't really think that they would, i mean i barely talk to any of them but still they care for me, im grateful for that." yuihwi said as she looked at the river filled with fishes.

"especially that storm guy. now i know my baby isn't dense enough to not notice what that young man feels for you. am i right?" hwikyul chuckled while nudging her daughter.

"oh come on mom, and yes i'm not dense at all i know what he is up to." yuihwi could feel her cheeks burning up.

"hopefully he would last longer than your father." hwikyul sighed as she rested her head beside her daughter's head.

"can we change topic?" yuihwi asked feeling uncomfortable talking about this which caused her mother to laugh.

***
raven, minyoung, shiki and sou were helping out with the construction. they were just telling minyoung to rest but she protested and said she was fine. minyoung was building house using her nature magic while raven was using her halberd to cut the trees. shiki and sou were carrying the logs to the other soldiers who were building. 

the other citizens where handing out refreshments that they had just conjured for the hardwork done. shiki handed minyoung a glass of cold water.

"what's this shiki handing minyoung a beverage? it must be the end of the world or i may just be seeing things." raven said while pretending to faint causing sou and minyoung to laugh.

raven saw that they needed a lot more wood but since the other's were just using normal axes she decided to step up her game. lightning sparked on her halberd and she began cutting trees faster than the previous one. she finished with more than enough wood for the construction. she sat down beside the other members who were also exhausted from working just watching the other soldiers work.

"enjoy the peace and quite while you can, we'll start your training tomorrow." minho said as he was carrying a log with ardyn.

"what kind of training will we recieve?" minyoung asked.

"we will train you how elite mages and even higher ranked mages were trained. we will train you on how to utilize your abilities to its maximum potential." ardyn explained as they head off.

"yipee." raven said as she grabbed a glass of water.

"come on let's take walk. we need to freshen up." minyoung said as she helped raven up.

"yeah i wanna see that dragon up close." shiki said as they started to go through the forest where woojin is looking after the dragon.

***
chanhyuk was standing just watching the soldiers build the houses for the citizens when he heard "han chanhyuk there you are!" a familiar looking woman approached him.

"oh god no." chanhyuk mumbled as he saw his ex-girlfriend gyuri approach him.

"i want us to get back together." gyuri said holding chanhyuk's hands.

"you broke up with me because you said i wasn't paying any attention to you and i was only focusing on preparing for the grand order." chanhyuk said as he pulled back his hands from gyuri.

"but we were the perfect couple, and we were each other's first kiss, how come you don't want us to be together again?" gyuri said frantically.

"no gyuri we are never getting back together. you made that very clear when you ended our relationship." chanhyuk said.

"is there another girl? is that why you don't want to get back with me?" gyuri said.

"what are you talking about?" chanhyuk said.

"she must be so pretty and perfect for you to reject me like this. just tell me who she is and i'll deal with her." gyuri said while folding her arms.

"there is no other girl gyuri no please just leave me alone." chanhyuk said.

"chanhyuk-oppa come let's go see the dragon, i wanna teach it a few tricks!" jisoo said as she grabbed his arm.

gyuri's eyes widened as she saw jisoo grabbing chanhyuk's arm. 

"i knew it! i knew you found someone else!" gyuri exclaimed. 

"chanhyuk who is she?" jisoo asked.

"i'm his girlfriend you nut bag!" gyuri exclaimed.

"oh im sorry for interrupting. i'll be going now." jisoo said but chanhyuk grabbed her arm and place her right beside him.

"she isn't my girlfriend. she's my ex-girlfriend." chanhyuk stated as he gave jisoo the i-need-help-getting-rid-of-her-so-play-along-with-what-i'm-about-to-do look. jisoo got the message although unsure of what to do.

"she is my girlfriend." chanhyuk said as he pulled jisoo closer to him.

"yeah that's right." jisoo said putting her arms around chanhyuk sticking out her tounge.

"how could you dean? we were the perfect couple! you replaced me with this tramp. she's not even pretty!" gyuri said.

"who are you calling a tramp when you're the one here begging for something you could never have." jisoo said. gyuri was left speechless as they both started walking towards the forest.

jisoo was laughing along the way to the dragon as she couldn't believe what just happened. chanhyuk couldn't help but smile. when they reached the open fields they saw woojin tossing so raw meat in the air and the dragon would breathe fire at it and eat it. woojin saw the two approaching him as he wiped his hands with a towel.

"oh jisoo you're feeling better already?" woojin asked.

"yep, i'm back and feeling better than ever." jisoo stretched out her arms making the two chuckle.

"you wouldn't believe what just happend a while ago." jisoo said as she was already laughing. 

"why what happened?" woojin was now curious as to why the crystal mage was laughing.

"i had to pretend to be chanhyuk's girlfriend cause his ex showed up and wanted to get back with him. i had to sas her so that she would leave. i even gave her the world's greatest burn." jisoo said laughing once again.

"that's funny but why would you pretend to be something you aren't supposed to be?" woojin said as chanhyuk glared at him.

"yah stop being jealous. i know you were the one putting those flowers inside my locker and also leaving notes at my desk." jisoo said as she remembered all those things when she was in highschool.

"don't pretend you didn't like them, you were always giggling and smiling when you got those!" woojin said getting a punch from jisoo on the shoulder.
they heard two people by the river and also a lot of splashing one of them holding a cat.

"come on persephone you need to take a bath, clearly daehyun didn't give you one for weeks." hyunwook said as he was in the river holding the cat in his hands. as he tried to put the cat in the water it suddenly freaked out and jumped on jineul and scratched his face before leaping off to the grass.

"god damnit hyunwook! just threw the cat in the water!" jineul said as he was wiping of the blood from the scratch. 

hyunwook started chasing persephone while the cat ran faster. hyunwook tripped over a rock and jineul sighed. 

"looks like i have to do everything myself." jineul got out of the river and started chasing the cat. 

"come here you little !" jineul was getting angry as the cat sped up and did what jineul didn't expect as it jumped the across the river and landed on the other side.

"oh my ing god! hyunwook what the hell do you feed that thing? that cat is on some wierd steroids!" jineul shouted as he crossed the river. hyunwook got up and also started chasing his cat.

"you guys enjoying the show?" raven said as they approached jisoo and the others.

"we've been watching those idiots for a while now." minyoung said.

everyone was laughing at the sight of the two oldest members of their group trying to catch the cat. they eventually had to start helping the poor saps.

minyoung made a small cage using her magic to trap persephone. 

"oh now you guys help, thank's a lot!" hyunwook said as he picked up persephone only for jineul to grab the cat and throw it in the water.

"jineul what the ? my cat can't swim you idiot!" hyunwook shouted as he dove in the river and grab persephone. 

"i don't care anymore, that little needs it's bath so i gave it one." jineul said as he went into the water. 

the cat calmed down after staying in the water for a long time.

"hey you guys should come in, the water feels great!" hyunwook said while gesturing them to come and join.

woojin carried jisoo on his arms and started running towards the river soon enough chanhyuk and the others started to follow. 

"oh don't you dare woojin, i swear to god if you throw me into the wate-" jisoo was cut off as she was thrown into the water by woojin he then jumped into the river creating a big splash.

minyoung went behind shiki and pushed him causing him to lose his balance but before he fell, he managed to grab onto minyoung's arm and bring her down with him as he fell in the water. the rest soon followed in.

"you weren't kidding when you said the water feels nice." shiki said.

daehyun and princess suhye along with yuihwi and hwikyul were also by the river just walking towards the group.

the group noticed them and started greeting them. suhye gave hwikyul a look and she immediately understood. they went behind daehyun and yuihwi with them noticing and pushed them into the river resulting in everyone laughing. they were all having fun just jumping into the river and playing around in the water. when suddenly they heard a whistle blow. they turned around to see who it was.

storm, ardyn and minho with the whistle in his hand were standing behind them.

"fun times over kids, it's time to get you into shape." minho blew his whistle again and everyone got out of the river and stood infront of them. 

"since you're all soaking wet, i'll give you time to change and then we'll start your training. we will also introduce to you an additional member to your squad. he would be helpful as he is one of the top mages in the academy right now," ardyn explained.

"come on guy's let's go." storm said as he handed out towels to everyone. they all went back to hwikyul's house and got dressed and went out one after the other.

"alright you're all here, i'd like you to meet your new member, he will be joining you so please treat him kindly." minho said as a boy about the same age as jineul walked in front. 

"hi. i'm kelsier asakura but you can call me kel." the young man bowed and smiled at them.

"all right, now that's over let's begin with your training." minho said and blew the whistle.
  
AUTHOR NOTE
kezmer; hi guys! hope you like this chapter! i introduced one of the citizens here in this chapter. if you guys want to apply for a citizen it's still open so go ahead if you want to!