Chapter Two

♛GRAND ORDER♛KINGDOM WARFARE♛
    

    
CHAPTER TWO: DYSFUNCTIONAL GROUP
   each group was heading out of the grand ball room and heading to a better meeting place except for one group. all of them were sitting in a circle but none of them were speaking to one another, just staring at one another with blank expressions. "Well this is a great atmosphere." raven said as she crossed her arms and looked at every single one of them. they had been like this for almost an hour and all they got out from each other was their names.

"i think we should st-" jisoo was cut of by the sound of glass breaking and the ground momentarily shaking.

"what the hell is that?!" hyunwook pointed at the creature who just smashed through one of the windows of the grand ball. everyone immediately stood up and readied themselves. Jineul grabbed his handgun and minyoung grabbed her revolver and started shooting at the beast. the bullets just bounced of and the monster looked even more enraged than it was when it first came from the window.


the creature gave a deafening roar causing most of the windows the break and everyone covering their ears. "great you guys just pissed him off." raven took out her halberd which sparked with lightning. everyone did the same and took out their weapons.

"wait, don't we need a plan to take down that thing?" storm said as he held his dark twin blades. chanhyuk rushed forward, ignoring what storm said, with his fists glowing yellow. raven and daehyun followed with a strong grip on their weapons. they started striking the monster attempting to find a weak spot but none was found.
"how did that thing get in here? was there a breach in the walls?" yuihwi said as she was covering her senbons in blood then throwing them at the monster.

"less talking, more trying to take down this monster." jineul replied as he blasted the monster with shards of ice, some piercing the skin while the others shattered to pieces.

"let's circle around it." jisoo told the others. chanhyuk slammed his fist against the creatures foot causing it to trip over making another small earthquake. thankfully everyone caught their balance.

the creature stood up once again and gave another deafening roar. it charged forward causing everyone to back away. the monster was now chasing after chanhyuk. "chanhyuk-ah distract it for a while." daehyun said as she ignited her sword with flames. chanhyuk once again ignoring the given command, stood still and was prepared to give the monster another blow once it gets close enough. 

"why isn't he moving?" jisoo said as she threw 3 red crystals at the monster, each exploding upon contact, in an attempt to save chanhyuk. this caused the monster to change its target to jisoo. "uh oh" jisoo started running as she saw the monster making its way towards her.

"sou try calming down the monster." shiki told sou which replied "i can't they keep on attack it , every time i calm it down, their attacks would trigger back its anger.".


it was complete chaos with everyone doing their own thing not minding what the other said. the monster was not close to being defeated. making matters worse, the monster now started to breathe fire.


"guys we need a plan, we can't just attack without one." storm said as he shot cosmic energy at the monster in order to make it chase him.

"well what do you have in mind genius?" raven said as she was tossing lightning bolts at the monster which made it change its target to her.

"we need to immobilize it." shiki said as he stepped closer towards the group.

"i might be able to wrap its feet using roots but i need it to slow down." minyoung started to create roots from the ground and attempted to grab one of the monsters feet but failed. "i just need it to slow down or at least stand still for a second, then I can grab its feet."

"this is pissing me off!" jineul started firing multiple ice shards at the monster as if he was like a machine gun. the monster was yelling out in pain but at the same time was slowing down.

"that's it keep it up." minyoung was creating roots once again which started to wrap against the monsters feet. chanhyuk, daehyun, and raven were striking the monster at every part in order for it to remain still. 

"almost there.....got him!" the roots now entangled themselves onto the monsters foot. yuiwhi sprayed blood all over the roots to give it a sticky texture to make sure that the roots hold tight.

"alright shiki he is immobilized now what?" storm said.

"from what i observed, only jineul has been doing damage to the monster, probably because the monster has fire as a part of its body." shiki replied.

"got it just keep shooting." jineul once again fired ice shards at the monsters head. the monster opened its mouth and was about to breathe fire. jisoo threw 2 purple crystals into the monsters mouth creating a small dome which blocked the monsters mouth. hyunwook enchanted his katana with a dark form of ice using his necromancy and started to attack. 

the monster getting even more enraged managed to free both of its front feet. it swung its left foot towards jineul which was blocked by daehyun and raven using their sword and halberd. its right foot was now heading towards jineul which was again blocked by chanhyuk this time, with both of his hands glowing yellow. hyunwook got on top of the creatures head and stabbed his enchanted katana through the monsters head and with that the monster fell to the ground.

all of them were panting and catching their breath from the battle that just took place.

clapping was heard from the far end of the room. "took you guys long enough to figure out how to kill it." said the man who looked like one of the elite mages. "squad 9 has passed the test, i repeat, squad 9 has passed the test." the man said to the walkie talkie he was holding.

minyoung could feel the mixed emotions her members were feeling, some were angry, confused, but most of all everyone was tired.

"this was a ing test?" hyunwook said still trying to catch his breath.

"yes this was a test to see if all of you were ready to face the creatures that lurk outside the gates of rokia. the other squads finished their test in no less than 5 minutes. you guys took almost half an hour to finish." the man said as he walked closer to the group.

"i highly recommend that you guys appoint a leader amongst yourselves, for the sake of your survival. remember that's just one monster, monsters like that usually move in groups. oh and im minho(oc) by the way, i summoned that monster." minho waved his hand and the monster was gone.

"well i'll leave you guys to your business" minho left while telekinetics showed up and started repairing the mess that the monster and squad 9 caused.

they all stood in a circle once again staring at each other.

"i should be the leader of this group." storm raised his hand. "i suggested that we should've had a plan before attacking the monster. he added.

"wasn't sou the one who figured out a plan to defeat the monster?" minyoung said.

"no i'm the one who figured it out." shiki glared at minyoung.

"well i'm the oldest here so i should be the leader." jineul said as he also raised his hand.

"a hot-headed leader, yeah that would totally work." raven crossed her arms.

"hey that was just out of frustration, i could keep calm." jineul replied.

"raven is right, we need a leader who can stay calm at any situation. jineul you may be the oldest but we can't risk you exploding in anger when a fight comes. i still vote myself to be the team leader." storm said still keeping his hand up.

there was momentary silence. "well if no one objects then great i'm now this groups leader."

"well 'group leader' you still have a problem. someone here likes to ignore commands." daehyun said as she was pointing at chanhyuk.

"i don't follow orders." chanhyuk said.

"well now you should, i'm your leader now and what say goes." storm remarked.

"guy's we shouldn't argue about this, i know some of us prefer to work alone but let's be honest here, none of us would survive out there without the help of one another. lets take that monster for example. only jineul and hyunwook would be able to kill it since they have the monsters weakness, but if it was just me against that thing then i wouldn't stand a chance. you guys see what i'm trying to say?" jisoo said.

"the petite blonde is right. we need to work with each other not against each other, we need each other to survive." hyunwook said.

"hey kids listen up." minho walked towards the group. "there has been strange activity on the radar that we use to monitor this land. the king has ordered that each squad leave tonight, so i will orient you guys on what you guys will do." 

"once you leave the gates of rokia, you will use the map that we will give you to get to the other kingdoms, once you find the other kingdom, find its portal and and destroy it by using a lot of magic against it. once you destroy the portal, surely the beings that came from that kingdom still remain, destroy the whole kingdom and all of those who reside in it. after doing so move on to the next kingdom." minho explained.

"for a kingdom of peace we sure are pretty destructive." raven said.

"its the only choice we have left, forming an alliance with other kingdoms is to risky. oh and before i forget. here take these it will be essential for your survival." minho handed out 10 watches, a map and a book.

"what's the watch and book for?" jisoo asked.

"the watch is for communication between your team and the kingdom if incase we give an order. the book is for conjuring up stuff. since you guys will be outside for hopefully a very long time, you can conjure up your food instead of trying to hunt animals. there are other things you could conjure up in that book so make sure you don't lose it. bring anything essential and meet up at the castle gates tonight." minho instructed as he left once again.

one by one they left the grand ball room and headed back to their homes to prepare for their departure.

•••

"hey minyoung! what's taking you so long?" shiki yelled from downstairs as he and sou were waiting for minyoung to get ready.

"don't rush her, she might be bringing a lot of important stuff." sou said.

"i doubt it, it's probably just some make up and clothes." shiki said earning a light punch to the shoulder from sou. 

the sound of footsteps came from the stairs as they saw minyoung carrying a backpack. 

"it took you that long to fit all your things in a such a small backpack?" shiki asked.

"can you stop complaining? were not even late for the meeting jeez." minyoung rolled her eyes at shiki's words as she started to head for the door.

"she's right were actually 30 minutes early but nevertheless we are ready so let's head for the gates." sou said as he followed behind.

the walk to the gates was silent as most of the citizens are already asleep.

"why do you keep siding with her?" shiki whispered to sou.

"why do you keep being mean to her? it's not like she has done anything wrong." sou responded.

"argh forget it." shiki said as he walked ahead of the group.

"what's his problem?" minyoung asked sou. 

"to be honest, i really don't know." sou sighed as he walked with minyoung towards the castle gates.

•••

"hey jisoo, yuiwhi wait up." storm shouted from across the street as he jogged towards the two.

"shhh people are sleeping!" jisoo shushed him.

"oh right sorry." storm said as he bowed politely towards the two.

"come on mister 'leader of the group' you don't want to be late for the meeting." jisoo said.

once again storm was beside yuihwi and he started to ramble off about things that yuihwi seemed to ignore. jisoo pitied the young girl as she must be going through hell right now with that chatterbox. it didn't really take long for jisoo to understand what storm was trying to do. although his efforts seem wasted he still continues to approach her even if she doesn't respond.

"oh look most of them are already here." jisoo waved at the other members who were already standing at the gate with minho.

daehyun gave a small wave back while raven just looked at them. chanhyuk was the last person to arrive before minho once again started to orient them.

"alright. now that all of you are here you may notice that you guys are the only squad here, well that's because they already left for an early start. you guys can use that van over there for travelling. if it get's destroyed then just find the spell in that book to fix it up." minho instructed.

"the glowing red dots on the map are places that have a high surge of magical energy meaning that the portals are place there. now to be honest with you kids, this ain't gonna be easy so i wish you all the best of luck. godspeed squad 9. minho had said his final words as the everyone entered the car with jineul in the drivers seat. 

"all right so where are we headed first?" hyunwook asked as he was staring at the map. 

"we should probably go to the that's closest to the kingdom." storm said as he took the map from hyunwook. 

storm was in the passengers seat while holding the map and showing jineul the directions to the nearest kingdom. 

the other's had fallen alseep during the ride while jisoo and yuihwi had their eyes glued onto the spell book. 

"you boys in the front hungry? i wanna test out this spell." jisoo asked as she had read a spell to conjure up food.

"yeah sure i could go for some food." jineul said. 

"same here." added storm.

"yuihwi you conjure a plate and i'll take care of the food." jisoo said.

yuihwi read the incantation and the plate appeared on her palm.

"waah that's so cool!" jisoo said as she was ready to conjure up the food.

jisoo read the incantation and well done steak appeared on top of the plate.

jisoo nearly jumped from her seat just seeing how cool it was to be able to conjure food and objects. yuihwi and jisoo also made knives and forks and proceeded to eat the steak.

"hey isn't that supposed to be for us?" jineul whined.

"sorry we got hungry too. we'll just conjure up some more but first let's eat!" jisoo and yuihwi started eating the well done steak they had just conjured while the boys infront were left to suffer from smelling the food. 

"alright here you guys go." jisoo handed out 2 plates with well done steaks on top of each one. 

"thanks for the food." storm said as he started to eat the food on his plate.

"storm your gonna have to feed me cause i'm driving." jineul said as he kept his eyes glued to the road.

"what? you could just stop the car and eat. i'm not feed you," storm said.

"storm i am hungry as hell right now and if someone doesn't feed me that steak so help me god i will crash this van into a tree!" jineul said as the car started to move faster.

"still not feeding you." storm said as he continued to eat.

"jineul, yuihwi can feed you." jisoo said as this was the perfect opportunity to get a certain someone to finally feed the cranky driver.

storm almost choked at the thought of yuihwi feed steak to jineul. 

"alright fine. i'll feed you, but we better get there quick." storm picked up jineul's plate and fork and started to feed cranky driver.

while the 2 men finished their food, everyone behind was already alseep. 

"jineul-ah do you think we can really make it?" storm said as he was looking out the window.

"of course we will, now i know that you are thinking about the past grand order's who have failed in their task but that was them. there are more of us now. as far as i've seen we all have pretty badass powers we just need to fix our teamwork." jineul gave words of encouragement to the young one.

"you're right. i think we are almost the-" storm was interrupted by the car bumping into what looked like a person causing some of them to wake up.

"what was that?" chanhyuk said. he was immediately shushed by the two who were sitting infront. 

slowly, jineul and storm got out of the car and approached the hood. what they saw was another creature that hey had never seen before. it had glowing red eyes and let out an inhuman roar. jineul shot an ice shard silencing the monster for good. 

"that must be a soldier on patrol." daehyun said as she also got out of the car followed by the others.

"we should go by from here. wake up the others and grab your stuff." storm said as minyoung woke up the rest.

"we should move fast, that roar might have been a call for help or a signal, i'm betting more will come so be prepared for a fight." raven said as she grabbed her halberd. 

they started walking with jineul and storm infront. everyone was on high alert as they have to be ready for an ambush at any time. they aren't in safe grounds anymore they have to keep their eyes and ears out for suspicious sights and sounds.

unknown to all of them that a creature had already spotted them and hopped from tree to tree to warn it's comrades. 
AUTHOR NOTE
kezmer; hey! this is the first time i wrote a chapter. like i said this is my very first story. just like my co-author, it's gonna take sometime before i can get your characters little quirks.