Chapter One

♛GRAND ORDER♛KINGDOM WARFARE♛
    

    
CHAPTER ONE: THE ORDER HAS ARRIVED
  the king paced around the room waiting for the news that the orders for the new group to answer the grand order had been sent out. when he was reassured, he simply waited for the select few to make their way to palace to be split up into groups to start their new assignments to protect their kingdom. he had been scanning over the chosen applicants of young adults who would be making this journey. He sincerely hoped that they would make something of themselves and prove wealthy in their success of protecting and returning unlike other before them. 

in the city at the back yard of song jisoo, she was practicing her magic like any other afternoon as she heard some yelping and loud noise coming from her home's kitchen. she figured her mom was watching on of her shows again. she walked into the house after shutting the back door as she was engulfed in a hug from the older women who raised the young crystal manipulator. 

"oh, my little jisoo! i just can't believe it." her mother, younghee, exclaimed to her 

"please tell me this doesn't involve a tv show." jisoo blinked at her jisoo crossed her arms as her mother gave her a look. 

"read this, sassy pants." her mother handed her a letter 

"hey, not fair! you opened this before me!" jisoo complained as she skimmed through it. "did you see this? mom, oh my gosh." jisoo jumpped in place a little. 

"i can read, dear." younghee looked at her from the kitchen counter. "you should hurry along, you shouldn't be late. they usually start picking teams right on time." she nodded as jisoo raced off. 

she had been training for a long time for this. to be in line for the grand order to be picked. she slipped on her shoes at the door. "wish me good luck!" she called, leaving the house before she could hear her mother's reply. she raced down the road just folding her letter in her pocket. She knew that she had a great chance to be picked for a team. she didn't train her little off to not be picked. 

•••

yuihwi sat down across from the sink as she wiped the side of and cheek clean. she taken a couple days off of training to help her mother repaint their kitchen dining area after years of taking rain damage from a leaky roof that her mother finally had fixed properly. her body did not take kindly to skipping practice. she pushed herself up as she brushed herself off just heading down stairs. she looked at the note on the table as her mother had gone out to the store. there was also a letter addressed to her. she picked it up just opening it up and blinking to herself as she read it. she quickly wrote her mother a note and grabbed her cardgain from the couch as she slipped on a pair of shoes. yuihwi had actually entered herself into the selection and had been training every since she could to have this chance. she didn't even tell her mother or anut that she had entered this year's selection. she kept her hands in her pockets as she swallowed blood curling in probably from the anxious butterflies and nerves creeping up on her. she stepped out the way another as she kept her march onto the palace where the selection usually took place in the grand ballroom as it would fit everyone. 

jisoo looked back to see the person that she ran over. she laughed as it was only yuihwi, who was a year younger than her in school. "shouldn't you be in class today? or well you know heading that way?" jisoo questioned the younger one. 

yuihwi raised up her letter as she looked at the older girl. "did you recevie one as well?" yuihwi finally spoke 

jisoo didn't even know that yuihwi had been thinking of putting in for the grand order. she knew the other was often absent and sick durning her classes from what she heard from others then she also heard other people were scared of the younger for what she could do. "i did! your parents much be proud of you!" jisoo reached out to pat her shoulder as yuihwi pulled back, shrinking away from her. 

"i am not stable today." was all yuihwi told her as she kept walking. yuihwi ignored her comment about her parents. "likewise to you, you always work hard, jisoo-sunbae." yuihwi commented 

jisoo was taken back at her comment as she didn't know what that meant. "she is." jisoo beamed at the thought and also of the thought that she might be able to find out whether her father was alive or not. she always hoped he still is. "just unnie is fine." she looked back at the other. jisoo looked back to the front as the other had stopped talking just simply doging people not to come in contact with them. jisoo stiffled a chuckle as she watched the other. 

•••

shiki laid out on the grass as he looked at sou just stretching out his arms. they had just finished their training session as he looked at other. shiki sat up as he watched sou rolled over onto his stomach just proping himself up on his elbows. "we had a pretty good training session today." shiki rested his arms in between his legs. 

"i suppose so." the other responded as he pushed himself up. sou pulled shiki to his feet. the two walked into the kitchen as sou got out two glasses as he made them both a glass of ice water. he handed oenof the glasses to shiki as sou leaned on the counter. 

minyoung entered from the other side just pulling out her earbuds as she had just finished a run. she was going to train and practice her aikido,but the boys were already in the backyard. "these were in the mail." she slid one over to shiki as she stood off to the side just opening hers.

"it is probably your letter of failing grades." shiki teased as he was given a look by sou. 

"ignore him." sou looked at him as he read over shiki's shoulder. "well then. we should go get changed." He told shiki as he looked at minyoung. "what does your letter say?" He stood next to her as shiki was already half way up the stairs. 

"i got the order." minyoung said as she looked at him. 

"we did too. hurry up and we can together." He started up the stairs as she followed him soon after. The trio was out of the house about ten minutes later as sou was inbetween shiki and minyoung - mainly acting as a buffer. "I think it is great that all of us were chosen." sou told them 

"we are the same person sou." shiki said as he looked at him. 

"i know that." sou sighed. "anyway, minyoung. how are you feeling? we know how sour puss feels." he said 

"shut up." shiki crossed his arms. 

"i am feeling okay. I mean i wouldn't have been chosen if they didn't think I have pontential and skill." minyoung said

"or they had no one else." shiki looked at the pair. 

minyoung glared at him as she started to walk faster. "i'll meet you two there." she said as she crossed her arms. 

Sou glared at shiki as he shook his head. "why do say those thins to her? Okay, i know because I am you and you are me, so we are connected in some sense. it wouldn't kill you to be a little nicer." sou suggested as shiki didn't answer him. sou huffed as he walked next to the other. 

•••

hyunwook leaned over his chair as he tried to looking daehyun's tiles for the game that they were playing. he was pushed back in his chair by the other as he watched daehyun make a word. it was hyunwook's turn as he picked up his tea cup just looking at the board then to his letters. "do words have to make sense next to each other?" He asked 

"i guess not since you put sunshine and death next to each other." daehyun leaned on his elbow 

"that is clearly logically. sunshine death which is death by too much sun or a sunny day." hyunwook picked up his tiiles as he placed down his word. 

"i pretty sure that i can't count this. you have to make sure the last letter of my word is the beginning of your word." daehyun handed him his tiles back. 

"then i can't make a word." hyunwook glared at him as he sipped on his tea. 

"i am sorry, you used up like all your words on this long word." daehyun said as he started to put down a word as hyunwook stood up and bumpped the table and the game board fell.

"oh look, it feel." He said as he blinked at daehyun

"really?" daehyun asked 

"i am going to go get more tea." hyunwook walked off, leaving the other to pick up the peice so that the cats wouldn't eat them. hyunwook walked into the kitchen just pouring himself some more tea as his brother walked in just holding a letter. 

"this came for you." Hoseok slid the letter over to the other as he looked at him. "It seems pretty important." HE added as he wathced his younger brother open the letter. 

hyunwook smirked as he read the letter. "You two are looking at the newest pick for the grand order." he said 

"you have to be picked in a team first to say that." hoseok leaned on his elbow on the counter. 

"are you doubting that your great little brother won't be picked?" Hyunwook glared at him. 

"i think my great little brother needs to get a move on to the palace." hoseok said as he walked out of the room. 

hyunwook turned to daehyun as he leaned on the counter. "i am going to miss you if i get chosen you know." He said as he looked at the other. "also you need to take care of my cats." He added as he looked at other. 

"don't worry about your cats. you should worry about yourself. I'll miss you too. you don't want to be late." daehyun looked at him as the other leaned over and gave the younger a quick kiss before leaving. hyunwook's home was the closest to the palace so he was there in no time. he entered the grand ball room as two other girls that he had noticed from helping around the school were there. 

daehyun had just finished her rounds in protecting sohye and had known for a few days that she had been selected for the grand order team making. Sohye had told her while she was walking with her through the garden. right now, she was trying to convince another girl to be in the selection. "raven, you were picked for a reason. you have to at least try." daehyun looked at the other. 

"yeah like i have to study and at a school where i didn't, and oh look - i turned out just as good as you dweebs." Raven crossed her arms as she looked at the other girl. 

"for one, i am not a dweeb. secondly, you should have finished school. you would have been one of the top students - maybe." Daehyun said "also what are you going to do all your life? run like you tried when you given that letter or hide?" daehyun asked "if you joined a team then you would be protected from anyone that was trying to find you." daehyun said as she looked at her 

"if i say yes then you will leave me alone?" raven asked 

"that isn't a good enough reason, but yes." daehyun said 

"great, i am in. you can go find a nice wall to argue with now." raven said as she got up and moved to a new spot to wait in. 

jineul entered the grand ball room soon after his cousin after stopping by his home with jongdae and sungjong. he had learned from daehyun about the other's letter and jineul was coming to show him the one that he had recevied. he walked over to his boy as he flicked the other in the back of the head. "hey." He said as he looked at the other. 

"punk kid." hyunwook hit him back as he rubbed his head. "what do you want?" He asked as he looked at him. 

"i heard about your coming here and i was headed this way too with jongdae and sungjong. I left them with daehyun though for the time being." jineul said as he looked at him. "what is up with those two?" He wondered as aloud.

"i don't know. i just got here and do not care." hyunwook said as he looked at him. "anyway did you get a letter?" He asked 

"i wouldn't be here if i didn't have one. i would rather be spending time with jongdae and sungjong. though they encouraged me to be extra early to this for some reason." He said as he stuck his hands in his pockets. 

•••

storm had recevied his letter early this morning but had gotten in a training session before he had to go. he was walking along the street just heading to the palace as he noticed jisoo heading to the palace with another girl that he hadn't seen before. he quickly caught up to them just peering down at jisoo. "hi jisoo." He said as he waved to her 

"oh hey, storm. you're not working today?" she asked as she had usually seen him at the cafe with her mom. she watched him shake his head. 

"no, today is the selection and i am in it. i going to assume that you two are as well?" HE asked 

"that is right. that is yuihwi, we go to school together. don't expect her to talk to you. she doesn't talk to any one." jisoo said 

"i talk to you." yuihwi didn't look at them as she walked. she looked back to jisoo then to storm then back to the front. 

"you got me there." jisoo shook her head. "we are both in the selection as well. woudln't be cool to be in the same group?" jisoo asked as she lokoed between the three as yuihwi didn't seem to be paying any attention. 

"i think so." storm answered as he watched yuihwi nod to no one. well, maybe to them. "is she alway like this?" he asked jisoo not taking his eyes off the younger one walking ahead of them. 

"well yeah. you'll get use to it." jisoo said as she watched storm walk in line with the other girl. "i warned him." jisoo shurgged to herself as she walked. 

"you're yuihwi, jisoo told me. i'm storm." he said as he looked at her he watched her give him a gaze as she gave one single nod as she kept walking. "ah you are kind of young to be having their first selection then you must be pretty good in school. i would tell you my powers, but that would take too long." He chuckled as she hadn't responded. "what do you do? i am sure it something really cool." he contuined 

yuihwi let out a soft breath. "i control blood." yuihwi finally said something as they entered the palace then the grand ball room. yuihwi ventured off just finding a spot to stand in. 

"good talk, lets do it again." storm told hiimself maybe to encourage himself to actually to talk to her again. he looked away as yuihwi looked back as jisoo planted her feet next to the other. he stuck his hands in his pockets just pretending to look around only to steal galances at the other across the floor. he was trying to be a creeper or something - he was just interested in her. 

minyoung was the next to enter just walking to the opposite side of the floor so that she wouldn't have to be next to shiki and his constant comments or bullying of her. she looked around to see some famillar faces that she saw in class or around school at one point or another. 

shiki pulled sou by his shirt sleeve to a spot on the side that minyoung was not on. "stand next to me." he said  as he looked at the other. he watched sou sigh and nod. 

•••

Chanhyuk rolled over as he looked around. he grabbed his clock as he jumpped out of bed. he had laid down after getting ready thinking that he would have enough time to squeeze in a quick name before heading to the palace. he had gotten his letter early this morning after being woken up one of his neighbors roosters and now that rooster is wishing he had never woken him up. he hustled out of the door just jogging slightly to the palace. he slipped in with the back just standing there like he had been there the whole time even though he had not. He just stood there as the king was starting his speech. 

"hello everyone. the assembling of teams for the 15th grand order has finally come." the king started as he looked at the group. "i wish you all the luck in the choosing today. this choice must have been hard for many of you to think about when your time would come and who you will be going with." He said as he walked about the stage. "just know that you will need to work as a team, get along, and most importantly have your comrades backs so that all of you will return when this is all over." He nodded to them. "with this being said, we will start the team making." HE begun to read names off. team after team was made as the chosen ones were waitinng for their name to be called. "the last grand order team will be the following people; shin jineul, raven van dijk, akamine shiki, shin hyunwook, park daehyun, storm, dean(chanhyuk), jeon yuihwi, ha minyoung, and song jisoo." the king read as he looked at everyone. "Please gather in your teams, introduce each other, and take the next few days to get to know each other before setting off." The king explained as he motioned for them to get started as he was escorted back to his chambers. 

the group of ten gathered in a spot in the back the grand ball room just staing at eachother. no one really seemed to want to introduce themselves. they were just more concerned about celebrating the fact that they were on a team and going to be going out on this adventure. 
AUTHOR NOTE
twilla; hey. i wrote this thing of an introduction - i want to call it. bare with me. it takes me a few chapters to really learn how to write your characters and create little quirks and get their wording down. i hope you guys really like this. i had fun writing this and will hope to have more fun once the action really gets going.