Chapter Ten

♛GRAND ORDER♛KINGDOM WARFARE♛
    

    

 
CHAPTER TEN: HARD KNOCK LIFE
   the training started with minho and ardyn asking them a question.

"so how do you destroy a kingdom?" minho said as he pointed at storm.

"we divide ourselves into two teams. one would create the diversion and distract the artillery while the rest sneak in and find the portal then destroy it. we then use the spell in the book to vaporize the entire kingdom." storm explained.

"alright good. so far you have been doing well. the problem is how you use your powers. you don't just fling them around like a ball!" Minho exclaimed.

"we will teach you how to utilize your abilities in different ways. trust me there are so many things you could do with your abilities that you haven't learned yet." ardyn said.

"half of you come with me and the other half go with ardyn, we will train you separately." minho said as they split themselves into two groups.

ardyn had minyoung, shiki, sou, jisoo, kel, and hyunwook while minho had the rest. 

ardyn brought them to Riverside where the dragon was. 

"alright let's start! come at me." ardyn said as he went into his stance taunting them.

"five against one? aren't you at a disadvantage?" hyunwook folded his arms.

"trust me i can take on all of you." ardyn said.

"your funeral." hyunwook said as he took out his katana and advanced towards him.

minyoung started creating roots which were trying to trapped ardyn's feet. shiki somewhow couldn't put ardyn to sleep and sou couldn't use his powers against sou, frustrated they charge for ardyn as well. kel took out his twin daggers and tried to get a swift cut on ardyn but ardyn kept on dodging.

jisoo started throwing her red crystals trying to predict ardyn's movements. none of them hit and they all started getting frustrated. 

ardyn landed on top of a rock and said "you guys seem to be at a disadvantage, i haven't even started attacking." ardyn said as his hands glowed red. he started to advance towards them sending out his chaos magic at them. each of them tried dodging it but ardyn's accuracy was on point and each of them fell to the ground.

hyunwook got angry and summoned his undead army. ardyn shot his chaos bolt at one soldier and it spread out to every undead soldier hyunwook had summoned wiping them out.

"you guys tired yet?" ardyn said as shiki approached him,

shiki was one of the most skilled fighters of the group. ardyn was impressed by his skill in fighting but still managed to pin him down.

"alright this proves that none of you are capable of taking me do-" ardyn was interrupted as jisoo threw a red crystal which ardyn caught with his hands.

the crystal blew up. "yeah i got him wo-" jisoo's celebration was cut short when she saw ardyn containing the blast into a tiny orb and sending it flying towards her. the explosion sent jisoo backwards and as she got up she was pissed.

"oh come on man!" jisoo said while wiping the dirt off her clothes.

"you all lack cooperation and focus. you aren't focusing on empowering your attacks, your focusing on sending them out. your attacks wouldn't have that much of an effect if you do that." ardyn explained.

"if you empowered that crystal, i might not have been able to contain it's blast." ardyn explained as jisoo was walking back to them.

"this is what i will be teaching you, it's to utilize your powers and make them stronger." ardyn said as he blew his whistle.

minho brought them to the mountains where they would train.

"so what kind of traini-" jineul was cut off as he dodged minho's punch. they immediately knew that training had begun. they all start brawling with minho as the same thing had happened. minho tires everyone out and explains to them their flaws.

minho blew his whistle as they got up and he began teaching them how each of their powers could be enhanced.

***
hwikyul and suhye were strolling around the houses that were already built. 

"this really is a peaceful place." suhye said.

"it is, the beings here are peaceful ones, they avoid war's as much as possible." hwikyul replied.

they heard the explosions and the sight of lightning bolts in the distance.

the two chuckled. "i see they have started their training. shouldn't you be the one training your daughter since you have the same powers?" suhye asked.

"my baby bat has already learned well. when she is fully grown up, she would be stronger than me." hwikyul said as they sat on the bench.

"i guess that's reasonable." suhye said looking at the soldiers who were almost done building the houses.

"what are your plans for now princess suhye? you are the new ruler of rokia." hwikyul asked.

"as long as the threat resides in our dimension, i would let my people stay here for the time being. when this war is over we shall return to our homeland and claim back what was rightfully ours." suhye explained.

"i see, are you thinking about finding a husband? you're at the right age for meeting someone." hwikyul said.


"i suppose i should, but i'll start doing that after we finish this war." suhye said letting out a little chuckle.

"there many handsome young men right over there. im sure you'll find someone, with your beauty i don't think you would get rejected by anyone." hwikyul said while suhye started laughing at her remark.

the rest of the day went by and everyone was tired. they had made some progress with their training. everyone went back to hwikyul's home for dinner. all the members started devouring the food in front of them as they had been training for hours and it was also said by minho and ardyn that they need to eat a lot of food to increase their energy for tomorrow's training.

***
a casket was being carried by four men inside a building. the wake had begun as soon as the casket had been properly placed in front.

the sound of a woman wailing could be heard as she was held by two young men who were trying to calm her down.

"i'm glad that you could all come to my brother's wake. i would like to say a few words in honor of his memory. he was one of the greatest brother's i had. he helped build our nation and led it to triumph. he was going to be the greatest leader our nation would have. sadly he has gone off to a better place." the man said as he stepped down from the podium.

one by one the relatives approached the casket to look at their fallen prince. a lot of weeping could be heard especially between the family members.

"how could they do that to my sweet wonho? he has done nothing wrong! what did he do to deserve this?" wonho's mother said while tears coming out of her eyes.

"don't worry mother, our i will make sure that dreaded nation rokia will fall along with my brother's murderers." the eldest one said as he wrapped his arms around his mother.

"they messed with our kind, now they are about to pay the price." another boy said.

"how are we going to do that? they've gone completely off the radar?" the youngest one asked.

"oh they'll be back, once we get a single trace of them, we immediately get into action." said the eldest.

"we won't kill them right off, that won't be fun. we will slowly torture them until they finally die from all the pain." one of them said.

"my boys are so loving. make sure you avenge your fallen brother." the mother said as everyone nodded.

***
squad 9 and its new members had been training for 3 days straight and everyone had developed their new skills and strategies. ardyn and minho had seen their improvement and told them they had completed the training and that they had to depart later at night.

they all were really tired and had fallen asleep in hwikyul's home. the group woke up late in the afternoon where they had to prepare for their departure. they all thanked hwikyul for helping them recover and went out of the house to see ardyn and minho standing a few meters away from the house with two people behind them.

"you guys are ready? well before you leave we will be adding two more members to your squad. don't worry we trained them just like we trained you." ardyn said.

"hopefully you guys get along just like you did with kel." minho said.

the two girls stepped forward. chanhyuk and jisoo immediately knew who one the girls was.

"alright introduce yourselves to them." ardyn said.

"hi. i'm lee mii-ok, you can call me mii." the girl who emitted a cold aura said.

"hi, i'm bae gyuri, you can call me gyuri. i'm chanhyuk's boyfriend." gyuri said while looking at chanhyuk. her words made the members look at her some with wide eyes.

"aish can you stop with that? we're not in a relationship anymore." chanhyuk said.

"alright you guys can figure this out on the road now get going. rokia isn't gonna save itself." minho said while leading everyone to a bigger van which would fit all of them.

they all sat down with gyuri forcing herself to sit beside chanhyuk while the others took their own seats.

"alright sit tight it might take a while before we get to our next destination." storm said while showing jineul the spot where they were going to go.

the ride was silent and only the car's engine and the occasional branches that hit the car could be heard. jisoo was the first to break the silence as she came up with an idea.

"so mii, what are your powers?" jisoo asked looking back at the girl who was sitting quietly.

"i manipulate ice." mii kept it short and simple.

"ice queen." hyunwook said as he found a new person to give a nickname.

"alright, uhm kel what about you, what can you do?" raven asked.

"i can see and interact with different planes in our world. i can interact with the spirit world, the plane of angels and demons. the easiest for me to interact with is the spirit plane." kel answered.

"so you can summon ghosts?" daehyun asked while kel nodded.

"gyuri was it? what can you do?" minyoung asked gyuri who was to busy trying to get chanhyuk to look at her. when she was asked the second time she answered "telekinesis." and continued trying to get chanhyuk's attention who continued to stare out the window.

***
jonghyun(cnblue) along with his two brothers entered siwon's(suju) room with news to bring.

"siwon hyung we have great news!" taeyong(nct) handed siwon the device which showed a van approaching their kingdom.

"it looks like we don't need to find them, they came to find us." zelo(B.a.p) said.

"this really is great news, get yourselves in position. we can't let our guard down against these murderers. put everything on the line here." siwon said as every one had walked out of the room.

"mother went back to our dimension, all this stress is starting to get to her and she wanted to relieve herself back at home." jonghyun said as he was ordering the soldiers around.

"it's better that she won't see how this battle would take place." zelo said.

***
the van stopped when the kingdom was within eyesight. storm woke everyone up and told them to get ready. jineul and hyunwook scouted the area for a few minutes and came back with news.

"this is bad, this might be the main kingdom of the imperial nation." jineul stated causing their heads to turn to him.

"that bastard wasn't kidding when he said he was studying and taming other creatures." hyunwook said remembering what both him and jineul saw. there were numerous species of creatures some were in a cage or cell and other's were freely roaming.

"so are we gonna chicken out and leave? this is what we've trained for. we can't let all those days go to waste." raven said while the others nodded in agreement.

"alright we are going in that kingdom. but we need to make sure that we stay clear from wonho's brothers for now." storm explained.

"yeah we don't know what abilities they have so they have the advantage." shiki said.

"we'll split into groups. use the watch if you guys need help. stick together and we will make it out alive." storm said.

woojin, chanhyuk, jisoo and gyuri were tasked to find the portal while mii and minyoung were going to be eyes in the sky as they have the greatest aim and the rest where now the demolition team.

they advanced towards the guards at the gates with mii shooting her ice arrows at each of them. they began to split up and do their task. minyoung and mii found a clock tower and started climbing it to get to its roof. the demolition team split up to cover as much ground as they can. raven and daehyun made the first move and launched their abilities at a nearby building. soon enough screams of the citizens were heard and the soldiers along with other creatures started coming out. when they got to close she started controlling the blood of the soldiers making their heart stop as soon as yuihwi got a hold of them. she began to literally stop the hearts of men within her sight.

kel, storm and yuihwi were on top of building with soldiers climbing onto other buildings and blasting them with magic. yuihwi threw her blood senbons at the soldiers killing them off one by one. kel used his ability to summon the spirit of wind. 

"Woochi, lend me your powers." kel stretched out his arms at the spirit who placed its hand on kel's giving him the ability to control the wind. the spirit fought along side kel sending out strong winds that cut the skin. kel was using this to push off the creatures and soldiers trying to get close to them.

storm was using his stellar magic to deflect the magic attacks sent by the soldiers. he redirects the attacks to the creatures making them fall off the building. he then created a blue orb and threw it off the building. the orb started to attack what ever was close to it. it shot out beams at the soldiers and creatures trying to climb the building.

shiki was surrounded by countless of soldiers all aiming their magical staffs at him.

"put your hands up!" one soldier shouted.

shiki slowly lifted both his arms behind his head and with a quick snap of his fingers all the soldiers were put to sleep. shiki proceeded to attack their dreams where he would kill them in their vulnerable state. a rampaging beast was heading towards them. it had the horns of a bull but ten times bigger. it spotted sou and shiki and started charging towards them. when it got close enough, a gunshot was heard followed by a swift arrow cutting through the air. the beast stumbled forward and slid across the floor and tried to get up but was shot one more time. 

shiki gave a thumbs up to the two girls on the clock tower. minyoung replied by giving a thumbs up while mii continued to shoot her ice arrows from her position, minyoung had conjured up a sniper to use for long range shooting. they were keeping an eye out on anyone who was getting a little to close to danger. winged creatures kept appearing before them trying to attack them but they had flawless aim and took down the creatures trying to get to them.

"wow they look so cool up there." sou said while pointing at the clock tower.

"they'll keep an eye out for us, come on we need to keep going." shiki said as he ran with sou to a different part of the kingdom.

***

"alright let's see if that training really upgraded your ." jineul held a large ice shard in each hand. 

"please, we all know i'm the strongest one in our group ice princess." hyunwook smirked grabbing his katana.

"alright you can't have ice queen and ice princess at the same time you idiot." jineul annoyed with his cousins remark.

"fine what about hot-headed machine gun?" hyunwook advanced towards the soldiers cutting them down one by one with a swift strike. jineul fired his shards that pierced through the soldiers it hit.

"now you're just making up. just stick to my name or think of a better nickname." jineul said.

"fine. but im still sticking to ice princess for now." hyunwook said earning a punch to the shoulder from his cousin.

jineul and hyunwook's bickering was interrupted by the sight of a large robotic creature. 

"we've dealt with bigger things, this is gonna be a piece of cake." hyunwook said.

just then the robot shifted it's parts showing tons of guns and missiles aimed at both of them.

"or not, run!" they started running as the robot launched its missiles and the guns started shooting. 

***

the sounds of explosion could be heard from where daehyun and raven where. out of all the members, raven and daehyun have the best teamwork, the teamwork using only silence. they know how the flow of each other's moves go and they do just the right thing to combine an attack to make it even stronger.

"this street is done." raven said pulling her halberd out of the soldiers chest.

"let's keep going. this kingdom has an immense amount of soldiers." daehyun said as they started moving forward.

they caught the sight of a man standing a few meters in front of them. they stopped when the man turned around and faced them. daehyun and raven readied their weapons.

"are you one of wonho's brothers?" raven said with her whole body flickering with lightning. 

"i'm the oldest. but this no time for chit chat. i'll make this quick for you as i can see that you have done the most damage to my kingdom." siwon said as he summoned hundreds of swords in the air. he moved his hand forward and the swords darted for daehyun and raven.

daehyun stood infront and with incredible speed clashed her sword with the ones that were coming. raven shot a lightning bolt at siwon but two swords blocked the attack.

after daehyun had succesfully took down all the swords that were sent to them she said "how did you get that ability?" as she knows only the king had this power.

"ah this nifty ability, well the real reason why we sent wonho to your kingdom was for your king's powers. wonho extracted the king's powers and me being the oldest son had the honor of having it." siwon said as he threw one sword which was deflected by raven. hearing this got daehyun angry. her flames started surrounding her body.

"daehyun calm the down." raven put her hands on daehyun's shoulder shaking her to calm her down. slowly the fire started to disappear and daehyun calmed down.

"now, shall we get back to the battle?" siwon said as he had more swords by his side.

"oh this ." raven said annoyed with the amount of swords siwon had. raven sent out multiple bolts of lightning exploding upon contact with the swords and some would chain lightning with other swords causing them to explode too. daehyun used this opportunity to quickly advance towards siwon. she swung her blade towards him but was immediately blocked by three swords. daehyun jumped back.

"this is going to be an interesting battle." siwon said.

***
jisoo, woojin, chanhyuk and gyuri managed to sneak inside the castles basement which was really spacy for a basement. they found a vault and tried using their magic to open it. gyuri managed to crack the vaults code using her telekinesis.

"see oppa, i'm great at this!" gyuri said while looking at chanhyuk who just entered the vault.

"this doesn't look like what the inside of a vault should look like." woojin said looking around in the dark.

the lights suddenly turn on revealing that the vault was almost the size of a football court. at the end of the room they see a boy standing facing them. they started appraoching the boy when he suddenly said "stop right there. this is where you will meet your maker.".

"are you one of wonho's brothers?" jisoo asked.

"yes and i will be the last thing you will see." taeyong said as he summoned a horde of different creatures behind him.

"oh great." woojin said.

the creatures advanced towards the group who started attacking them.

jisoo threw her empowered red crystals at the creatures which exploded on contact. she also had her reinforcement sorcery ready incase she had to do anything physical. 

woojin blasted a light ray at the creatures disintegrating them one by one. he made a long sword out of light and started clashing with the creatures. chanhyuk who has his fists glowing punched the largest creature of the group sending it crashing into all the other creatures. 

gyuri used her telekinesis to move a blade through the air. she moved it towards the creatures stabbing them. her blade cut through multiple creatures but it seemed that even more kept on coming.

taeyong kept summoning more creatures as the group tried to take down the ones he was summoning. his goal is to tire them out and kill them and it seems that the plan was working.

gyuri noticed that this was what taeyong wanted, she was going to call on the others to retreat and get help from the others outside but another thought crossed her mind. "mianhaeyo(sorry for this) oppa." gyuri said as she waved her hand causing chanhyuk to slam against the wall behind them knocking him unconcious. gyuri's plan was working as woojin and jisoo did not seem to notice. she rushed towards chanhyuk and carried him out of the vault room. she blocked the door by placing all the heavy objects infront of it with her telekinesis.

she brought chanhyuk to the van and placed him beside her. she this wicked smile on her face knowing that her plan succeeded. she left jisoo and woojin to their doom.

***
minyoung and mii where still in their position shooting anything that moved below. an laser beam hit their position sending both of them falling. minyoung attached a vine to the building and swung herself to catch mii. they landed safely and where met by a strange man.

"who the hell are you?" minyoung shouted.

"you don't need to know who i am. just be prepared to die." zelo said blasting his lasers towards the two girls.

"ok this guy want's a fight!" mii said getting excited to fight. minyoung was slightly shocked by mii's reaction as she hasn't spoken ever since they got up to the clock tower.

mii was firing her ice arrows at zelo which he kept dodging. minyoung was trying to trap his feet with roots but he would blast the roots with his laser beam. 

"is this all you've got? and i thought this was gonna be fun." zelo sighed.

annoyed by the remark, minyoung went on a barrage of attacks, shooting large wooden splinters, creating a vine and using is a whip to grab his arms, pulling out her revolver and trying to shoot him. mii was already using her ice magic to try and slow down zelo's movements but he would vaporize it with his laser. mii started freezing the ground in an attempt to make it slippery.

zelo started sliding on the floor firing his lasers at them. minyoung was jumping from building to building in order to distract him while mii was getting into position to shoot him. zelo fired his beam at building minyoung was jumping to causing her to fall to the ground. 

he aimed his palm at minyoung and was ready to blast her when three arrows pierced his chest. the blood started dripping on the ice floor. minyoung got up and kicked his feet causing him to fall on the floor. 

mii bent down and placed her lips on zelo's forehead. minyoung was very confused by this gesture but realized what it did when zelo's body turned into a frozen statue.

releasing all her stress, minyoung smashed the head with her foot and started to smash every part until every thing was just shaved ice. she took in a deep breath and looked at mii who was staring at her the whole time.

"sorry you had to see that, this guys just pissed me off so much. never in my life have i ever encountered a battle like this, it's so annoying how powerful he is." minyoung said.

"i understand." was mii's only response before they head off.

***
shiki had found himself face to face against jonghyun who had the ability to mystical martial arts. shiki being the best fighter of the group and been on par with jonghyun, dodging all the fists and kicks he throws while jonghyun blocks shiki's attacks.

"this is an unexpected situation. it seems that you are a skilled fighter. i have to step up my game then." jonghyun said while his body started to emit a blue aura. his speed increased aswell as his strength.sou was busy using his magic to enrage the soldiers to fight against each other.

their battle resumed with jonghyun looking to have the upper hand. shiki had gotten a few hits from jonghyun but hasn't hit him even once. he incorporated some of his magic into his attacks trying to make jonghyun droozy to slow down his movements. they broke away from each other as a bullet passed in between them.

minyoung and mii were on top of a building aiming at jonghyun. minyoung fired another round but jonghyun was fast and dodged it despite being affected by shiki's magic. mii fired a flurry of ice arrows all dodged by jonghyun.

shiki continued his attack while they fired their shots. minyoung got frustrated as she wasn't hitting any of her shots.

"aish, this guy! i'm going down." minyoung placed down her sniper and jumped up and swung down using a vine. she moved her arm forward raising wood towards jonghyun who jumped and slammed his fist downward.

"i don't know which one annoys me more." minyoung advanced towards jonghyun and stopped a few meters away pulling out her revolver and started shooting. her shots were all aimed at jonghyun's head. one by one the bullets were caught with his fingers.

"you should know by now that those won't work on me." jonghyun said just dodging a fist by shiki.

"minyoung i don't think you should stand too close to him. he is really fa-" mii was cut off seeing how jonghyun was instantly behind minyoung. he stepped back and slammed his palm on her back sending her flying towards the building. shiki was fast enough to catch her.

"ah that hurt you little sh-" minyoung coughed out blood.

shiki sat her down with her back against the wall telling her to stay put. he faced jonghyun once again with his fists glowing with a strange aura. they clashed fists once again but this time shiki's powers were taking full effect on jonghyun as he was progressively slowing down. mii took this chance and shot an arrow to his leg piercing it. 

jonghyun let out a cry "i cannot be defeated by you peasants!" he threw a punch which shiki caught. he placed his hand on jonghyun's head.

"sleep." the strange glow from shiki's hand went inside jonghyun's head and he fell to the ground.

mii got down from her spot, sou walking towards them and minyoung limping her way towards jonghyun's body.

mii aimed her bow at jonghyun's head but was interrupted by minyoung "wait i wanna do it. this little brat got me good." minyoung said while slowly limping towards them.

"mii just shoot him." shiki said while he approached minyoung. the arrow pierced jonghyun's head. a bullet pierced the side of his head as they turned to see minyoung holding her revolver while being carried by shiki. she continued to fire more rounds but sou grabbed her gun.

"once again mii i am very sorry you had to see me in this state." minyoung said while trying to bow in her position.

mii just smiled seeing the situation. "it's ok."

"oh wow you look pretty when you smile, do that more often!" minyoung said while giving a thumbs up.

"alright that's enough from you, i think that punch did something to your brain." shiki said as they headed back to the van.

***
"yah! we kinda need some help here!" hyunwook yelled through the watch.

"we're kinda busy too their numbers suddenly increased!" kel replied.

"jineul your icicles aren't working! try making bigger ones!" hyunwook said as he jumped on a building.

"it's gonna take some time so you're gonna have to distract it!" jineul yelled as he was preparing to creating the large ice shard.

hyunwook turned and advanced towards the robot. he enchanted his katana. he threw his hell fire at the missiles sent by the robot. he casted a spell and sent out two skulls towards the robot each exploding with a green flame.

"it's almost done, immobilize it." jineul said as multiple magic circles surrounded the robot. hyunwook conjured large chains that wrapped around the robot and bounded itself to the ground. 

a barrage of ice shards with different sizes started coming out of the magic cirlces and started hitting the robot. the large ones pierced the through the robot's body while the others broke the artillery. the robot fell down once the largest shard pierced it's head.

jineul let out a big breath. "ok im worn out, that was too much magic! ughh wait what's that sound?"

they turned their heads to see a whole armada of the robot's they just previously took out.

"oh dear lord. warning please cover your ears." hyunwook warned the other's through the watch.

"oh for sakE! how much does this god damn kingdom have?! i just took down that giant ing robot which used up almost all my magic and now there's a whole swarm of them?! why not just send in aliens from some unknown ing planet too! this is bull i tell you bull!" jineul said as he started firing icicles at the robots which didn't do much.

their was a horde of robots and creatures coming for them from a far at a fast pace.

"guys we need to get out of here now! there is too many of them!" hyunwook said as he grabbed his rampaging cousin and sprinted towards the gate.

"no wait i'm not done with those motheres yet! let go!" jineul said. hyunwook had to drag jineul all the way to the van.

kel sent out a strong wave of wind in their area to push off every creature so that they could escape. storm summoned 3 more of the orbs and sent them towards the creatures as he grabbed yuihwi. they also started dashing towards the van.

the creatures and robots kept chasing them even after they had reached the van.

"where's jisoo and woojin?" yuihwi asked as everyone was in their seats except for the two mages.

"gyuri weren't they with you and chanhyuk?" kel said as everyone's heads turned to her.

"we were attacked by one of wonho's brothers, he summoned different creatures. one it transported me and chanhyuk to a random location in the kingdom. they might still be fighting against him." gyuri lied while pretending to look worried.

"we can't leave them!" minyoung said as she tried to get up. the creatures started crashing through the gates and heading towards the van.

"jineul start the car!" gyuri yelled.

"but they ar-" jineul had the key all he needed to do was turn it. "we're gonna die if they get close to us, just start the car!" gyuri yelled again.

jineul started the van and drove away as far as he can. raven was firing lightning while daehyun set a line of fire behind them to prevent the creatures from following them. everyone in the car was in distress as they once again lost two members.

after driving for hours they got back to a familiar spot. the lake was like their safe home. it was a place for them to relax and rest. everyone got off the van while chanhyuk was still unconcious.

" ." jineul said frustrated with the situation.

"is jisoo gonna be alright?" mii asked as she had never expected that some of them would get left behind.

"she's a tough girl, she survived being trapped in another dimension. i'm sure she can handle this besides woojin is with her." storm said trying to lighten up the mood. 

"everyone sit down, we need to talk about a new plan." shiki said as everyone sat down. chanhyuk woke up at that moment and went out of the van. he noticed the obvious as he didn't see the two mages.

"where's jisoo and woojin?" chanhyuk asked.

"sit down, we're gonna talk about that." yuihwi said. chanhyuk followed.

"the number one problem we have is that they have an enormous army by their side. plus two of wonho's brothers are still alive one of them having the kings abilities." raven said while plucking it the grass.

"we need everyone to take down that man. he has the power to take down nations with a single strike." daehyun said.

"but how do we deal with a huge army and his brothers at the same time. it's not like they'll wait for us to take down the army first before we deal with them." sou said.

kel and mii started brainstorming for ideas as they were both in the same class. they were known to be great strategiests in their class. once they had an idea they shared it with the group.

"alright we've come up with a plan." kel said as all the heads turned to him to listen.

"hyunwook you can raise the dead right? can you do that with other beings too?" kel asked.

"yeah i think i can." hyunwook said. kel and mii explained to them the rest of the plan.

"that sounds good. you guys are clever." minyoung said.

"i'm hungry and tired." jineul whined.

"yeah i could go for some food. please don't tell me jisoo has the book." hyunwook said.

"nope, it's in here." gyuri took out the book from under jisoo's seat. 

a table filled with food was ready infront of them.

they all started eating and replenishing their strength. chanhyuk took a plate of food and headed towards the lake where he sat down and ate is food. gyuri sat down beside him with her own plate. she saw the expression he had on his face, he looked really worried. gyuri frowned knowing that he was thinking about jisoo.

"oppa, are thinking about jisoo?" gyuri asked.

"how did we exactly end up in the van?" chanhyuk looked at her.

"like i told everyone else, once you got knocked out i came to your side and we were both ambushed by this creature that could transport anything it touches." gyuri said while maintaining a straight face.

"you still didn't answer my question." gyuri said.

"why do you need to know? you aren't my girlfriend anymore remember so i think about doesn't concern you." chanhyuk said leaving gyuri shocked by his words. chanhyuk finished his meal and stood up. gyuri grabbed his arm with tears on her eyes.

"why won't you love me back? i know jisoo isn't your girlfriend, it was obvious that she wasn't." she said while looking at him.

"why do want us to get back together so badly when you were the one who ended our relationship?" chanhyuk said.

"you didn't have any time for me when you recieved that letter. you always were busy with your training. you didn't even bother to check up on me. now i'm here trying to get a fresh start with you. is there anything wrong with that?" gyuri said while tears continued to flow from her eyes.

chanhyuk didn't say a word. he was thinking about what gyuri said. he couldn't deny the feelings he had for gyuri, but know that he had the same feelings for someone else he doesn't know what to do. gyuri let go of his arm and walked back towards the group wiping the tears making sure that they wouldn't ask if she cried. 

the rest of the members were already asleep in the van while chanhyuk was still sitting nearby the river. shiki sat down near chanhyuk as he couldn't sleep.

chanhyuk thinking that shiki was sou asked "sou, i need your help.". shiki was about to say that he was shiki but wanted to see where this was going.

"sure what is it?" shiki asked. chanhyuk explained his situation sighing at the end of it.

"it looks like your in a pickle here. but why are you asking me for advice?" shiki asked.

"you seem to be hitting it off well with minyoung so i wanted to ask you." chanhyuk said.

shiki's ears turned red hearing those words. thanks to that he know has to deal with his own feelings as he was also having trouble figuring them out.

"well i guess you should just see which one out weighs the other. is it the girl who you've known for a long time, or a girl you had spent only 4 weeks with? time isn't that relevant but it also helps. consider the memories you've made with each one." sou said.

chanhyuk was silent after hearing shiki's words. he sighed as he just laid down on the grass. shiki was now deep in thought about his own feelings.

sou got out of the van and saw the two. "shiki you still can't sleep?" sou said as he approached them, chanhyuk immediately sat up.

"your not sou?" chanhyuk said as he pointed at shiki. shiki nodded.

"ah i see what's going on here, please pardon him he can be a troublemaker sometimes." sou said as he grabbed shiki. chanhyuk was too tired to get angry as he followed the two into the van. shiki used his magic to make himself fall asleep.

***
(during the battle)
"where are gyuri and chanhyuk?" woojin said as he shot multiple light attacks.

"i don't know but we need to take him down first to stop the creatures from coming." jisoo said as he saw taeyong just standing at end of the room. she threw a barrage of red crystals decreasing the amount of creatures. woojin used this opportunity to attack taeyon. with his light magic he dashed towards taeyong grabbing him by the throat and throwing him towards a wall. he wasn't moving at all as jisoo and woojin approached him. they were standing infront of his body while jisoo was preparing to shut down the portal that taeyong was hiding inside the vault. 

taeyong's eyes opened he took a knife out from his pocket and slowly made his way towards jisoo who had her back facing him. when he was close enough he charged towards her, woojin saw this and stepped infront of jisoo's back. taeyong swung his knife forward stabbing woojin in the stomach. woojin yelled in pain. he took out the knife hand grabbed taeyong's face. he blasted light through his palm and sent it throughout taeyong's body. after a bright flash, taeyong was no longer there. jisoo destroyed the portal and saw all of it happen.

"woojin, hang in there. i just learned this so hopefully it works." jisoo laid woojin on his back and conjured a white crystal and placed it on his wound. jisoo spoke a few words and the crystal emitted a bright light. once the light died down, the wound stopped bleeding.

jisoo sighed in relief. "can you stand up?" jisoo asked. woojin tried sitting up but the pain was still there. he grunted as jisoo had to pull him up. 

"i guess it didn't fully heal you. it just stopped the bleeding." jisoo said as she put woojin's arm around her shoulder for support.

"it's alright, you did the best you could." woojin said.

"warning please cover your ears." they both heard hyunwook say through the watch followed by jineul's relentless cursing. they both laughed at his remark.

"we need to get out of here now! there are too many!" they heard hyunwook say. 

they got to the vault door as fast as they can but couldn't open it. they tried their best pushing it but it didn't work. 

"woojin, stand back for a second." jisoo stepped forward with her magical veins glowing. it took her several punches but with a strong kick she sent the vault door flying.

"that's my girl." woojin said with a toothy grin earning a soft punch to the shoulder.

"come let's go." jisoo said as she assisted woojin up the stairs.

they managed to get out of the kingdom unnoticed. when they arrived at the spot they find out that they already left.

"oh not again!" jisoo whined as this is the second time she was left behind.

"we need to find a safe place for now." woojin said.

they found a small field where no creatures be seen. jisoo remembered some of the spells to conjure food. they both ate sitting on the grass.

"this feels like a date, but it would be better if i planned it." woojin said while jisoo laughed then remembered the scene a while back.

"why did you save me? don't get me wrong i'm very thankful that you did but why? we weren't really that close when we were in the academy." jisoo asked.

"they say you people do crazy things for the person they love." woojin said. jisoo was just looking at him still trying to figure out what she was feeling.

once they were done eating, jisoo collected a bunch of leaves to use for a bed. they both laid down one the pile of leaves with a good distance between each other.

"i hope everyone's safe." jisoo yawned as she started to doze off.


woojin was staring at the stars when he noticed that jisoo was shivering. they had no blankets and it seemed pretty cold in their spot. he pulled jisoo towards him making her face him. he wrapped his arms around her when jisoo's eyes suddenly opened. they starred at each other for a while before jisoo asked "what are you doing?" in a low sleepy tone.

"just sleep, you'll thank me in the morning." woojin said as jisoo was too tired to say anything else. woojin finally fell asleep with a smile on his face. 


 
AUTHOR NOTE
kezmer; hi guys! i know it took a long time to update but here it is! wooh!