Chapter Fifteen

♛GRAND ORDER♛KINGDOM WARFARE♛
    

    

 
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: THE PRICE
   suhye woke up and clutched the back of her head as it was in pain. she had been knocked out during the invasion and was brought here by the assailants. when she thought no one was there, she got up and started running only to fall backwards. she didn't notice the chains on her wrists which were embedded on the wall behind her. suhye looked around and more about her surroundings. what caught her eye was a body on top of a stone table. the body was pale and when she moved closer to take a look, she saw that his eyes were all white. the sound of the door opening made her turn her head. she saw two people walking in, a man wearing what she noticed was royal attire while the other one wore a cape and robe. 

"ah. i see you;re awake princess." jisung said. suhye backed up against the wall as they came closer and stopped by the body resting on the stone table. 

suhye glared at them. "what do you want from me?". she tried to sound as intimidating as she could.


the king let out a small laugh. "well you see, some of your people came into my kingdom and caused some damage. normally i would let it slide since they all end up dead but you see that man over there?" he pointed at the man on the stone table.

"one of your people managed to poison him and now its almost taking over his body." jisung stood up. he then told her the necessary information about the man being his father and that he was the source of power they had and now in this state all their powers are weakened. she was the only one who was capable of healing him and preventing the poison from overtaking his father's body.

"what makes you think i'll help you?" suhye continued to glare at the king still trying to send out an intimidating look.

"you don't need to comply. i will just do this." jinsoo moved his arms making hand signs then pointing his palm at suhye. not by her will, suhye stood up and placed her hands just above the man's body and her healing magic started to do its work. the could see that he was looking less pale than before. suhye tried removing her hands but they wouldn't budge. "don't even try, even though my magic has been depowered, curses still have a strong effect on their target." jinsoo left along with jisung.

as they were about to leave the room, a soldier rushed in speaking in between breathes. "sir..we...have...an emergency." the soldier show them the projection of the outer walls of the kingdom. jisung gave a look to suhye who was looking at them with a smirk on her face.

"ready our men. make sure none of those bastards get to the princess." jisung told the soldier. soon enough an alarm sounded throughout the entire kingdom and soldiers were all rushing towards their position.

ardyn and minho were standing right outside the walls of the kingdom as a large hologram appeared showing jisung appeared. "you are tresspassing on our territory. leave now and your lives shall be sparred.".

ardyn and minho laughed at his remark. "we ain't leaving unless you give us back the princess." minho said.

"i'm afraid i can't do that. i highly recommend that you leave at once."

"then we have no other choice." ardyn raised his hand and rokian soldiers started rushing in breaking through the walls. shouting could be heard as the soldiers passed through the walls and started clashing with the other soldiers.

"Damn it!" jisung shouted in frustration as he slammed his fists on the table before him. his wife and daughter entered the room. "dad what's wrong? i heard the alarm a while ago." 

"they're here for the princess." jisung spoke. "but if they take her then grandpa won't be healed." the girl said. "that is why i need everyone to fight. you won't let them get the princess right?" he looked at his daughter who drew out her dagger. 

"of course i won't. i'll make sure they won't even get near him." and in a split second she was out of the room.

jisung looked at his wife and caressed her cheek. "are you ready?" he asked as he offered his hand as if they were about to dance. "always." she reassured him with a smile as they walked out of the room.

daehyun and raven were clearing out a street like they were sweeping a floor. the soldiers were incinerated or struck by lightning. they dashed towards the castle but were blocked by one of the beasts in the battlefield. junmyeon steps in and tells them that he would deal with the beast. they nod in agreement and dashed towards the castle and take a guard as hostage.

"tells us where the princess is!" raven demanded as she held her halberd a few inches from the soldiers neck.

the soldier shook his head. "i'll never tell!" the soldier shouted. raven wasn't happy with the response and stabbed the edge of her halberd on the soldiers shoulder causing him to yell in pain. daehyun dealt with the other soldiers who came in response to the sudden noise.

"raven i think that's enough. he won't talk." daehyun walked towards raven feeling a little bit of pity for the soldier.

"relax, he still has another shoulder." raven stated causing the soldier to final talk.

"alright fine fine fine. she's at the top floor in the conference room." as soon as those words left his mouth raven threw him back on the battlefield and not moments later the soldier was struck down by one of the rokians.

raven sent the location to everyone through the watch. chanhyuk, jisoo, gyuri, and junmyeon came in and they started going through the stairs. more soldiers appeared from all directions. gyuri told them to advance while she would stay behind and take on the soldiers. she pushed her hand force and her blade sliced through a dozen soldiers. the rest continued dashing through the halls trying to find the right room.

a girl appeared at the end of the hall holding a dagger with different symbols on it, she gave them a menacing smile. "you're here for your princess? i can't let you through until she heals my grandpa!" her expression instantly turned into a serious one. she was fast as she darted towards them. most of their magic missed but jisoo knocked back the girl with her palm.

"go. i got this." jisoo had her eyes focused on the girl who was ready to dash again. she bolted towards them and jisoo managed to grab her hand and throw her at the opposite side of the hall allowing everyone to advance to the next floor of the castle.

"no!" dahyun dashed forward trying to stop the group advancing but was stopped by jisoo. the girl was enraged and started to attack jisoo from all angles. jisoo used her reinforcement sorcery to match up her speed and enhance her own strength.

dahyun tackled her but used too much strength as they crashed out of the castle and fell unto the castle's backyard were they resumed their brawl.

hyunwook was dealing with the beasts and making them his minions once they were defeated while jineul had his magic circles behind him, blasting his shards of ice against the creatures in the sky. ardyn was using his chaos magic to fire hex bolts at anyone who tried getting to close to hyunwook and jineul. minho was doing the same but also going down to the streets firing a large ray of light that disintegrated everything in its path.

"see look how much i'm contributing to this fight." hyunwook said as he just turned another of the monsters into his minions. jineul snarled at his remark and focused on taking out the creatures that flew across the sky.

storm and yuihwi were on another side of the kingdom doing their part. yuihwi threw her senbons at the soldiers while storm mixed his stellar magic and phoenix fire, firing at the beasts.

"alright time for so-" storm was thrown backwards while yuihwi looked for the source. a man in royal attire walking towards both of them. yuihwi threw her blood senbons at him. he merely waved his hand and the senbons stopped in front of him before falling to the ground. storm got up and rushed towards yuihwi.

"a telekinetic?" yuihwi looked at storm who nodded. "this brings back some bad memories." storm stated as he remembered another telekinetic they fought. 

jisung stopped a few feet away from the two and spoke. "out of all the soldiers, you are by far the most deadly and as king, i must eliminate the threat at once." his wife joined him in battle being lifted up on the building they were on by the water she controlled.

"let's get started shall w-" jiwoo was cut off by a bullet grazing her cheek. storm and yuihwi looked at the clock tower to see minyoung blowing out the smoke that came from her sniper and mii shooting multiple arrows at the king. the king waved his hands once again and sent the arrows back at them. mii and minyoung jumped down from the building and started heading their way.

"how dare you!" jiwoo saw the blood dripping on her hands. a large amount of water rose behind her. mii and minyoung kept firing at them while the king kept moving the bullets and arrows away. storm used his phoenix fire and began fighting jiwoo while yuihwi was trying to get a hold of the kings blood. the king felt it and turned his attention towards yuihwi. he moved his hand forward causing the ground beneath her to crumble. minyoung caught her using the roots in the ground and placed her back up. mii turned the floor into ice giving it a slippery texture. the king broke the ice beneath him and lifted the numerous shards before sending them towards mii who slammed her foot on the ground creating an ice wall.

shiki was walking through the streets while all the soldiers started falling down one by one due to his magic. sou was on top of the building near shiki as he manipulated the soldiers to fight each other. they were confronted by what looked like elite soldiers due to them having different badges on their clothes. sou jumped down towards shiki. they gave each other a reassuring look before charging towards the soldiers. shiki and sou dodged the attacks sent towards them and shiki got close enough to put one soldier to sleep. the soldiers then started fighting each other before passing out. they brush of some dirt on their clothes before heading into the castle. they meet up with chanhyuk, daehyun, raven, and junmyeon on the top floor. they started searching for the conference room along the halls and found themselves in front of doors that were made out of gold. chanhyuk opens the door and they all spot the princess at the end of the room.

they start running towards her. the princess opened as if she was about to say something. then out of the darkness the general dashes in swings his sword forward. the immense strength the soldier had caused most of the members to crash into the wall. daehyun managed to stand her ground by stabbing the sword into the ground and holding onto it with both her hands. the soldier smashed the wall revealing the fight that was happening outside. he threw out those who crashed into the wall.

minyoung saw them as they were falling and used the roots to catch them and place them down on the ground. the group fought their way back in but there were too many soldiers and creatures so they had to stand their ground first before entering the castle.

hwikyul and younghee approached yuihwi while they were fighting the king and queen, their magic getting stronger as the kings father is starting to get better. mii and minyoung were both in the air being held by the king while storm was being surrounded with water.

younghee slammed her foot on the ground causing some of the bricks to lift up before kicking them towards the queen. water stopped the bricks from reaching the queen. "is that all you've got?" before she could say anything else, hwikyul appeared behind her with numerous senbons. she stabbed all of them in quick succesion in the vital parts of the body. the queen fell down with a large thud. the sound gets the kings attention  and as his eyes land upon his wife, his anger was released. he shouts and a shockwave was sent out pushing everyone backward.

numerous bricks were turned into spikes and floated beside the king. "you will pay for the death of my wife!" he sent the spikes forward which were blocked by an ice wall mii created. the king broke the ice wall turning it into shards and sent them towards minyoung who managed to block most of the shards with the roots but one was able to nail her on her shoulder. she yelled out in pain before stumbling to the ground. yuihwi rushed towards her and placed her palm over the wound. she removed her hand and the wound was completely healed. she thanked yuihwi who helped her up.

"we need to get back up there." raven said as she sent out lightning towards the beast.

they were nearing the entrance of the castle once again but there were just too many soldiers and creatures in the way. chanhyuk slammed his fist into the ground causing the soldiers and beasts to be launched off the ground.

"alright this is a clear shot." raven chained her lightning towards the soliders while junmyeon did the same with his own magic. the coast was clear and they were about to enter when they heard the sound of more beasts and footsteps approaching their direction.

"for sake!" raven could help but curse at the situation.

"go in, we'll handle this." minho jumped in with light emitting from his hands. sou and shiki stayed with minho while the rest entered the castle.

jineul was still with hyunwook and ardyn and it seemed like they were losing the fight. there were less rokian soldiers on the field now.

"this doesn't look good." ardyn spoke. hyunwook looked at the battle below them as they were actually being pushed back by the beasts. "don't worry, let's just call him in." hyunwook said as tapped on his watch and said "you're up woojin.".

a large roar caused the soldiers from both sides the cover their ears. from the clouds they could see the shadow of a large creature. the rokian soldiers cheered as it descended and started breathing fire on the battlefield. woojin was on the dragon firing light rays towards the battlefield as well. the battle continued and the soldiers started slowly advancing forward.

"i need some more action!" jineul sat up from his place and jumped from the building they were on and started firing his ice shards at the soldiers.

"hey no fair! im coming down to!" hyunwook clearly not wanting to be outshown by his cousin jumped down from the building as well and started slicing through the soldiers with his katana. he rose up the soldiers and even his own minions to fight with him.

"the one who takes the most kills gets a hundred bucks?" jineul joked while firing his ice shards.

"you're own !" hyunwook smiled as he accepted the bet. 

the cousins charged through the battlefield while ardyn sighed from their childish behavior. he focused on taking down the aerial creatures which was supposed to be jineul's task.

daehyun had been clashing swords with the general while the battle was going on. they wer evenly matched when it came to strength and swordsmanship. daehyun was impressed. she dodged the sword that the general swung at her. she saw an opening an swung her sword but the general was quick enough to block it with the tip of his blade. each time their swords collided, the ground shook from the extreme force they were sending. the general found and opening and managed to plunge his sword into daehyun's right shoulder. blood dripping from the tip of the sword. the general was too late when daehyun placed her palm in front of his face, fire blasting through it. the general was knocked back, he took of his helmet which exposed his burnt skin. daehyun clutched her right shoulder and laughed at him.

"you look pathetic." she spoke. "you call yourself a knight?" this time her voice grew louder. the general's anger boiled inside. she was mocking him, degrading him, questioning him of his own capabilities. he shouted out in rage and grabbed his sword. "come at me with all you've got!" daehyun pointed her sword forward. he shouted once more before dashing forward. daehyun did the same. suhye closed shut her eyes and slowly opened them when she didn't hear the sound of metal colliding. her eyes widened to see that they both impaled each other with their weapon.

daehyun let out a shout and plunged the sword deeper into the heart of the general while igniting it as well. she used every ounce of magic she left and fire launched out of the sword which broke a hole into the roof of the castle. her magic disintegrated the general. she dropped to her knees. her sword fell out of her grasp.

"daehyun!" the princess called out. her eyes were fixed on the blade that was plunged into daehyun's stomach. she tried to remove her hands from their place but they still wouldn't move. daehyun look at the princess and smiled. 

"princess suhye." daehyun spoke. she looked at the princess. she remembered the first time she met the princess. her clothes were very fancy and stood out amongst the crowd while she was in a torn up t-shirt and was wearing some dirty shorts. she was the first to take her out to eat. most of the people would just leave some money or food for her but suhye took her out to eat. 

she smiled at the princess that gave her a chance to live a better life. she was her best friend and the reason why she didn't grow up in the streets. 

"thank you for everything." daehyun said while tears rolled down out of her eyes which slowly closed as her body hit the floor. suhye kept trying to remove her hands from the body as she wanted to go to daehyun and heal her from her fatal wound but the curse was too strong. the room was filled with the sound of her crying. footsteps slowly walked towards the broken wall.

he looked at daehyun's lifeless body then back at the battlefield. "they've come this close i see. it's time for me to step in." jinsoo floated downwards to the battlefield and landed by the walls of the castle. he raised both his arms up creating pentagrams in the air which fired at the rokian soldiers. all attacks against him were nullified by the barrier he surrounded himself. ardyn stepped forward and blocked his path.

he sent numerous hex bolts at jinsoo which were all blocked by the barrier. jinsoo saw ardyn say something on the watch that he had on his wrist. soon enough more soldiers appeared and they all started attacking him. the barrier started cracking which means that his magic still isn't at its peak. he sent out a shockwave and from his palm he blasted each soldier present. ardyn started looking for the others while telling them that jinsoo has appeared in the battle field.

minho, sou and shiki fended off the attack by the castle gates and headed to where ardyn instructed them. 

jisung rose from the ground and uprooted a building which floated above them. he moved his hands downward causing the building to fall on them. the building suddenly stopped right as it was going to fall on them.

they heard a voice that sent chills to their spine. "really? this is a weak move even for a telekinetic." they looked behind them to see wonho and his brothers. hyunwook spoke through the watch "see. this is why i'm the strongest in our squad." they were under hyunwooks control. wonho balled his hand into a fist obliterating the building and sending it's shards towards jisung who held his palms forward stopping the shards in mid air. siwon summoned the swords using his magic and sent them towards the king. they all fired their own magic at the king who was overwhelmed and couldn't handle their continuous attacks. the shards and swords pierced through his body, killing him in an instant. his body fell from the sky and fell on the ground. they all went to where ardyn was as he was being chased by jinsoo.

ardyn made a sharp turn towards and when jinsoo arrived everyone was there ready for him.

"this doesn't look fair now does it." jinsoo gave a menacing smile as he snapped his fingers. more copies of himself showed started to appear. "this is where you will meet your maker!"

they all dodged the inital attacks and started splitting up. with wonho and his brothers by their side, they were able to reduce the number of clones in a matter of minutes until the real one was left. he glared at them before being shot down.

jisoo was slowly losing energy she had her reinforcement sorcery up for too long and it was putting a strain on her. dahyun was relentless and kept darting towards jisoo who still managed to block her attacks. she was too fast for jisoo to use her crystals.

"it looks like you're getting tired pipsqueak!" dahyun shouted while she dashed towards jisoo. she managed to toss the girl over her head but this caused a huge strain on her body. dahyun saw this and used this opportunity. she dashed forward once more and plunged her dagger into jisoo's abdomen. 

"got ya!" dahyun said in a childish tone. jisoo placed one hand forward and tried to fire one of her crystals but nothing was working not even her reinforcement sorcery.

"oops did i forget to mention? my dagger takes away your magic." dahyun laughed while pointing at jisoo who was pissed off. 

"ooooh scary." dahyun said as she dashed forward once again for the finishing blow. once she got close, jisoo ducked and grabbed her foot from behind pulling her up close and nailing her at the back of her neck using her fist, she kneed her stomach and grabbed the knife from the girls hands the plunged it in her head. the girls body fell with a thud as jisoo walked towards one of the trees. she sat down and leaned her back on the tree while placing her hand on her wound.

raven, junmyeon, and chanhyuk went back inside the castle. they came across gyuri who just took out the last soldier the was in the castle. they all went up to see where jisoo was and saw that their battle took place somewhere else. raven, junmyeon and gyuri proceeded to go to the conference room while chanhyuk looked for jisoo in the backyard. chanhyuk could swear that he saw tears forming on gyuri's eyes when they got to the floor where she was fighting on. he shrugged of the idea and started looking for her. he discovered the dahyun's body and nudged it with his foot as if to check if she was really dead. he looked over to the trees where he could make out a small figure sitting by one of the trees. he took his chances and made his way towards the tree.

as soon as he spotted jisoo, a smile formed on his face but the closer he got the more he realized that she was bleeding and the smile from his face faded which turned into a worried one. he quickened his pace and made his way beside her.

"hi chanhyuk." her voice was weak but audible. "why didn't you use one of your crystals?" jisoo could hear his voice was trembling. "i can't. the dagger took away my magic." she pointed at the dagger on the dahyun's head.

"come on, i'll bring you to minyoung then." he attemtped to carry her but she stopped him. chanhyuk was confused and also panicking.

"this has to happen." jisoo stated as she gave a weak smile.

"what do you mean 'this has to happen' this is no time for playing hero jisoo." chanhyuk thought that it was just one of those dramatic games jisoo was playing.

"i'm not playing any games." tears were forming in her eyes.

(flashback)

kel took in a deep breath. "i need you guys to take a deep breath before i tell you this.". they followed his instructions.

"while the archangel did show me how we would win this war, that doesn't mean this war wouldn't cost us anything." kel stated. daehyun didn't need a second to understand what he meant by that.

"what do you mean?" jineul asked looking puzzled. "it means we would die in battle." daehyun spoke and as soon as those words left , jineul and jisoo's eyes widened and looked at kel.

"is it true?" jisoo said while tears were forming in her eyes. kel nodded. jineul and daehyun comforted jisoo. gyuri was about to enter the room since she forgot something but saw the scene and hid behind the walls.

"So how will it happen?" jisoo asked. kel explained to them what they would do in the war and how they would meet their end. gyuri heard all this while she was behind the wall.

"i didn't want to explain this while everyone was here because i was sure that they would want to change the plan and if they do, then we lose. i'm sorry. i asked if there was any other way but there wasn't." kel said.

jisoo wiped away her tears. "its not your fault kel. you gave us the solution to get back princess suhye and win this war."

"you shouldn't blame yourself." jineul stood up from his seat and patted jisoo on the head. he then started walking out the door. "don't worry, i won't tell anyone." he said as he left. daehyun hugged jisoo one last time before getting up and leaving as well. after a few moments, kel stood up from his seat and placed a hand on jisoo's shoulder.

"i'm really sorry." he said as he left her alone. jisoo was left their crying. gyuri came out of her spot and approached jisoo. she was hesitant but placed her hand on jisoo's back comforting her.

jisoo looked to see gyuri was beside her who gave her a smile in an attempt to comfort her. 

"did you hear everything?" jisoo asked as gyuri nodded, tears starting to form in her eyes.

"but is it true? will you really die?" gyuri asked.

"if we want to win, sacrifices have to be made." jisoo said. gyuri's tears started rolling down her cheek. "why are you crying? won't you be happy if i'm gone? i won't get in the way anymore when you try to get back with chanhyuk."

gyuri shook her head. "why would i be happy if you were gone? you were nice to me even if i put your life through danger. i saw how happy dean was when he was with you. seeing him happy is enough for me. so please don't do this." more tears came out from gyuri's eyes as she started crying. jisoo let gyuri cry on her shoulders. touched by her words, jisoo wrapped her arms around gyuri. 

"please take care of him for me."

(end of flashback)

"no." chanhyuk said. he knelt down beside her. jisoo faced him and wrapped her arms around his neck and placed her on his right shoulder.

"please look after my mom for me and don't forget about the dragon too. it took a lot of hardwork to tame him." jisoo closed her eyes. tears were forming on the edges of chanhyuk's eyes.

"don't forget to smile. i've always liked it when you smiled. i'm glad i made it this far with you. thanks for always being with me." jisoo felt chanhyuk's arms wrap around her body.

"please don't go." chanhyuk pleaded. he hugged her tighter.

"i'm sorry."
AUTHOR NOTE
kezmer - yoww! told ya school was over so heres yah next chapter!! i hope you like it! this was really hard for me to write especially the scenes where daehyun and jisoo dying ughhhh i was holding back mah tears yoooo!!