Chapter Fourteen

♛GRAND ORDER♛KINGDOM WARFARE♛
    

    

 
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: THIS IS WAR!
   the sound of heavy footsteps and yelling could be heard as numerous men were cleaning up the streets that were filled with bodies, blood, and parts of buildings that were destroyed during the attack from another rokian squad. the kingdom was used to being attacked by not only rokian squads but also other neigbouring kingdoms that seeked to trample upon them. they've held their ground and defeated each and everyone of the attackers but this one was different. the royal family was the main reason why they survived every single assault. they had powers given to them by the gods they worshiped. they would worship them everytime they won a battle but slowly stopped. the gods left a long time ago seeing as the kingdom is able to protect itself with the powers they gave the royal family. they thought they were unstoppable, they thought they would be the new gods of this realm but all that changed. 
it was just another typical assault from a rokian squad or so they thought. they did what most of the attackers do, create diversions, try and find their portal, and so on and so forth but this team had another plan. they knew they didn't stand a chance against them. they did their research on this kingdom and found out that the gods entrusted one member of the royal family to be the source of power for the entire family to have their powers. if they managed to take him down, then all the members of the family would be rendered powerless and victory would be theirs. even with all the planning they did, they were still apprehended and killed but one member managed to come close to the source and poison him. the poison wasn't something anyone could cure, it was lethal and took effect on the sources' body. the members could feel that their powers weren't as effective as they were before. although the source isn't dead, his weakened state caused their powers to weaken as well.
they were now on a timer until the poison finally takes over the man's body and renders them powerless. they've tried everything. not even the top mages who had the ability to heal were able to remove the poison from the sources body. they were running out of options.
the king along with other trusted advisors were all discussing the matter at hand. each voicing out their opinion and giving suggestions that could possibly work.
"mom, is grandpa jaemin gonna be alright?" a girl wearing a messy pony tail and holding a dagger with different symbols engraved on it asked her mother standing beside her. her grandfather was lying down on a stone table in front of her looking pale and with his eyes completely white.

she let out a sigh. "i'm not so sure sweety but your father is doing everything he can to get grandpa back." she patted her daughters head and held her hand. they both walked out. they came across her uncle who was talking to one of the guards about the issue of trying to find other healers across the land.
"sir we can infiltrate other kingdoms and find their best healers and use them to heal the king's father. our healers don't even have an effect on him so maybe other healers would." the knight stated.
"that could work. look into all the files recorded about each kingdom and find the strongest healer then report back to me." he replied as the soldier started walking towards the end of the hall.
"uncle jinsoo, what was that all about?" dahyun asked as she ran up to her uncle while her mother walked towards them.
"I think we finally found a way to cure your grandpa."  he said with a grin. the girl couldn't contain her excitement and hugged her uncle thanking him over and over again. her mother approached them and heard all of it, "is it true? you actually found a healer that could heal my husbands father?" 
the same soldier came back with a folder in his hand. he handed the folder to jinsoo and waited for his next order.

"sir as far as the records go, this person is the strongest healer that is currently alive." the soldier said.
jinsoo looked through the paper and saw that this healers magical power surpasses all those who have tried to heal his father. a smile spread across his face as he saw what race the healer was. he closed the folder and ordered the soldier to come with him. the girl and her mother followed them as they entered the room where the king and his advisors were. he levitated the folder and made multiple copies of it then passed it to everyone seated.
"this is the solution to our problem." jinsoo said as he looked at the advisors who started mumbling to themselves.

"but they've gone out of the radar ever since the imperial nation attacked them. how do you plan on finding them?" one of the advisors spoke.

the soldier placed down a projector and showed them the portal in which the rokian's passed through to get to another dimension. the king stood up and approached his brother patting him on his shoulders.

"you've done well brother. you will have all the credit once father is cured." the king faced the soldier.

"bring as much soldiers as you need and bring her to me." the king ordered as the soldier saluted and ran out of the room to prepare.

the girl walked up to her grandfather and held his hand. "grandpa you're gonna be cured. just hold on for a little while.". her mom approached her and grabbed her hand. "come on dahyun, let's head out for a while.", she nodded her head and they walked out the room.


•••
jisoo and chanhyuk were walking around the lake together. it was chanhyuk's idea for just the two of them to hang out and walk. although jisoo was suspicious at first, she decided that it might be fun since she might find some other creatures or animals along the way. after some exchange of words and jisoo not finding a single animal besides the fish, she stopped in her tracks and asked.
"so what were you planning when you asked me to go for a walk with you? were you gonna tell me something?" jisoo tilted her head slightly to see chanhyuk stop in his spot and turn around.

chanhyuk didn't expect her to suddenly ask that question but maintained his composure and said "nothing really, i just wanted to go on walk and hang out.". he mentally kicked himself because he did have something in mind that he wanted to tell her.

"but why with me?" jisoo recalled that he said that he wanted to go on a walk with only her and no one else.

chanhyuk was on the ropes and was struggling to think of an excuse but managed to say "well, you were the first person i got along with. you may have noticed that i don't do well with other people."

the crystal mage looked at him for a brief moment while chanhyuk hoped that she bought that excuse. "yeah i kinda thought that you and woojin didn't really get along. i could sometimes catch you two giving out looks to each other. what's up with that?"

chanhyuk sat down on the grass, mostly tired of being interrogated by jisoo."it's nothing.". jisoo sat down beside him and looked across the lake to see the others sparring then looked back at chanhyuk.

"well at least you get along with everyone else. if that didn't happen then i don't know what might have happened to our squad." jisoo smiled while chanhyuk still stared at the others across the lake.

jisoo place her hands on chanhyuk's cheeks. "come on. at least smile chanhyuk. you're being like mii." chanhyuk grabbed her hands and removed them from his face. he looked at her and gave her a forced smile.

"well, that's not what I had in mind. here look at me." jisoo smiled and explained to him that he it needed to be natural not forced. "alright, you try.". chanhyuk tried once again and it seemed like jisoo was satisfied. "see, you look handsome when you smile." jisoo stood up and held out her hand which chanhyuk took and stood up as well. at that moment, he finally understood the feelings he had for the mage. the way he acts whenever she is around, the way he speaks to her, the jealousy he feels when she is with woojin. it all made sense to him now. now if only he would muster up the courage to tell her.

"come on. the fight looks interesting." jisoo started walking while chanhyuk followed. he smiled as he watched her run towards the group shouting that she wanted to be part of the fight.

it was daehyun and mii against raven and kel. the rest were watching the fight.

"alright ladies and gentlemen place your bets now! who do you think is gonna win? team burning ice or team elementalist! come on place your bets now!" jineul yelled as he had an empty bucket which he would fill in with the money. hyunwook smacked him behind his head, "those were horrible team names. next time let me do the naming." 

"can you two shut it? i'm trying to watch." yuihwi barked as the two just sat down in defeat.

"she's right. its best if we observe them and possibly learn new things." storm said.

daehyun and raven weren't using their magic but fighting only using their weapons while mii and kel were using their magic against each other. mii used this opportunity to practice her ice magic while kel was practicing on summoning more than one elemental spirit. 

kel lifted his hand and summoned two spirits, michealis(fire) and castiel(thunder). he reached out his hands and the spirits gave him their power. the three of them advanced towards mii who was already freezing the ground beneath her.

"three against one? i don't think that's fair." sou blurted out.

mii constructed her ice bow and started firing at kel and his spirits. kel dodged all the arrows but some managed to hit his spirits which disappeared. he launched a ball of fire at mii who blocked it with a pillar of ice she created. she then broke the pillar by kicking it causing it to shatter into shards. she moved her arm forward and all the shards started advancing towards kel.

"hey that's my move!" hyunwook pulled down jineul who was about to stand up.

kel raised his palm forward and from it erupted a large wave of fire which completely evaporated the ice shards. when the smoke cleared mii was already a few meters from him. she rose her arm up when she was close enough and another ice pillar emerged beneath kel sending him into the air. kel summoned woochi and was given his power. while falling down, kel fired lightning bolts at mii who fired her arrows at the lightning being sent down. kel landed a few meters from mii, sent out a huge wave of air towards her causing her to lose balance. she fell down but kel was already approaching her. she tapped the ground and turned it into ice making it slippery. kel slipped and slid across the floor.

"go mii! kick his !" minyoung yelled from where she sat.

"they're both strategists so its hard to determine the outcome of this fight." shiki said.

"come on kel! bring out all five of those spirit thingys." woojin yelled.

it seemed like kel listened as he was calling his spirits out one by one. all five of them shared their power to kel and they advanced towards mii. kel lifted his finger and a pillar emerged beneath mii. mii froze the pillar and shattered it into shards then sent them to kel. he blocked them with another pillar and when the shards were gone he levitated from the ground. all five of the elements surrounded him, he started compressing them into a ball in between his palms. mii was firing her bow while he was doing this but his spirits were blocking her shots. a magic circle appeared in front of kel. mii saw this started compressing her ice magic into a ball. her magic circle appeared in front of her. they both released their magic at the same time. the beams crashing into one another until a blinding light shone from the attack. they saw both mii and kel panting as they had used up a lot of magic.

"alright that's a draw between you two." hyunwook clapped. storm went to kel and helped him up while minyoung helped up mii. they brought them back to where they were sitting to continue watching raven and daehyun who were still clashing with their weapons. 

they both looked evenly matched when it came to using their weapons. daehyun was the first to ignite her sword. raven then made her halberd spark with lightning. each strike caused both fire and lightning to strike at random directions. one strike sent lightning and fire towards jineul's direction. jisoo tossed a green crystal just in time to shield jineul from the attack.

"hey! maybe direct those attacks towards each other!" he shouted while the others laughed at his outburst.

"come on raven!" junmyeon cheered.

they've been fighting together for a long time now and probably learned each other's fighting style. they counter each others moves no matter how many times they swing at each other. daehyun raised her arm and a beam of fire was sent towards raven who jumped out of the way and dashed for daehyun. she swung her halberd like a bat, daehyun blocked it with her sword but was sent flying backwards due to the lightning empowering the strength of the halberd. the smoke cleared and daehyun dashed towards raven who was ready to block her frontal attack. daehyun sped up as she approached raven and when she was a few inches away from her, she turned her foot and went behind her. daehyun sent raven flying towards the trees with her fist. raven managed to stick the landing. they both sent out their magic towards each other this time more fire and lightning started striking in random directions. jisoo had to create a dome around them to protect them from the strikes but even that was failing as the crystal dome started cracking and with another strike, it broke.

"alright i think we can see that this is another draw. you guys can stop now." jineul yelled.

daehyun and raven stopped and caught their breath after the battle. they got up and walked back to the group. 

"you guys are getting better at fighting. keep it up." storm said. 

"wanna try and fight me?" yuihwi asked as she looked at storm.

"you'll give him a heart attack as soon as the battle starts vampire." hyunwook said.

"no i won't. then the fight would be boring then." yuihwi said.

"maybe next time." storm stood up and helped up yuihwi.

jisoo and minyoung conjured up food for those who sparred. "come on guys, it's time to eat. you guys must be hungry from using all that magic." minyoung waved.

"what no food for us?" jineul complained.

"did you fight?" jisoo asked.

"no but i'm starving." jineul said followed by other growling stomachs. "see it's not only me.". jisoo and minyoung ended up conjuring up more food for everyone.

 •••
everything was peaceful in the dimension where the rokians were currently staying. the houses were all finished and everyone was making themselves comfortable with the creatures that lived their. they were holding a small fiesta to liven up the mood. the citizens were enjoying the music and the food as well. laughter and cheers could be heard through out the fiesta. princess suhye sat down by the porch of hwikyul's home watching her citizens enjoy while she worries about the current situation of the remaining squads. hwikyul walks towards the porch with younghee by her side as they spot the princess.

"oh your highness it's nice to meet you here." younghee bowed down while the princess smiled.

"suhye, i brought her here to help you pick out your future husband." hwikyul said as they both sat on the porch with her.

"if you don't mind that is, princess suhye." younghee said.

"oh sure. why not?" suhye replied. she was at the right age to marry but she wasn't sure who was interested in her. sure she heard a lot of men say she was pretty but no one dared to even court her since she was the princess and that meant you were dreaming if you ever though that you would have a shot with her. she sighed.

"so younghee, would you share to us how you and your husband got together?" hwikyul wanted to lighten up suhye's mood since she could easily see that the topic of being married bothered her.

"oh yes! no i'm not exaggerating when i tell you that my love story was just like those love stories in the dramas i watch every morning." her story caused a lot of laughs and hwikyul finally felt the princess' mood change.

"and that is how i got married to my husband. now enough about me, princess, what about you? do you have anyone in mind? i see a lot of handsome young faces by the fiesta over there." younghee asked while waving at some of her friends who were at the fiesta.

suhye sighed. "well i don't really have anyone in mind. i wasn't allowed to leave the castle so i didn't get to meet a lot of people. just the guards who didn't even talk to me since they were afraid of my dad."

"i see, well now you have the chance dear. just remember how i picked my husband and you'll be fine." younghee reassured her.

"i will. thank you ms. kim." suhye said.

"younghee is fine dear." younghee replied.

ardyn walked towards them and bowed towards suhye before saying, "princess, minho is asking for you.". suhye stood up from her seat and followed ardyn to the fiesta. younghee gave hwikyul a look.

"what?" hwikyul asked. younghee made different signs which hwikyul did not understand one bit.

"i'm afraid i don't understand." hwikyul said.

"i was signalling for both of us to follow them and see what happens." younghee explained.

hwikyul let out a chuckle as she fixed a stray hair. "aren't we a little too old for spying on kids?"

"come on hwikyul, you call yourself old? now get up and let's go." younghee stood up from her seat as well as hwikyul. they started following them as ardyn and suhye were approaching the fiesta. they heard the music which was a slow song.

"i love this song. this was the song me and my husband first danced to." younghee said as she tried dancing.

ardyn walked towards the people who were slow dancing in the middle. they stopped and ardyn faced suhye.

"why did you stop? i thought minho was calling me?" suhye looked around and was confused when she didn't see minho.

"well i was actually hoping that you would dance with me." ardyn gave out a sheepish smile. suhye was slightly shocked by what ardyn said but agreed. "sure, but why didn't you just ask me a while ago? i would've said yes anyway.". ardyn didn't say anything and just had the same sheepish smile. she put her arms on his shoulders and he put his hands on her waist and started to step from side to side.

"you know for a guard, you're pretty good at this." suhye was surprised since she mostly saw ardyn being ordered around by the king. she thought he didn't have time to even learn the basic steps. "thanks." ardyn replied.

hwikyul nudged younghee who was still dancing and motioned her to look at the two.

"do you think it's him?" hwikyul pointed at ardyn. 

younghee observed them for a brief moment. "yep. it's him. the way he looks at her is the same way my husband looked at me when he finally told me he was inlove with me." younghee smiled as she watched the two dance.

hwikyul let one of the bats stand on her arm. the bat was clearly in distress as it was making all sorts of sounds.

"what's wrong?" hwikyul looked behind her and saw the bats were flying away from something.

"the portal? that can't be. this place is supposed to be hidden." hwikyul tried reassuring the bat but the sound of footsteps and a distant roar said otherwise. the citizens heard the roar and the music stopped. hwikyul ordered the nearest guards to get the citizens to safety and prepare for the oncoming attack.

suhye, ardyn, and minho rushed towards hwikyul and younghee. "what's going on?" minho asked. "they found us. get the princess to safety." hwikyul lead them back to her house. they all stayed in the living room with everyone at one corner just incase they attack from all sides. the wall near minho was torn off by a soldier. minho started blasting them with his light magic. the door was knocked over to reveal what seemed to be their general. younghee used her reinforcement sorcery and kicked the table upwards then kicking it towards the soldier who blocked it with his arm. ardyn used his chaos magic to block him while hwikyul was trying to take control over his blood. she managed to stop him in his tracks as she finally got a hold of his blood. younghee went in front of the general and was about to send him out of the house with a punch but he broke free from both ardyn and hwikyul's magic. he grabbed younghee and threw her towards hwikyul as they crashed into each other. ardyn called over minho who just took out the last soldier in his side. the soldier was too resilient and not even their magic combined worked against him. he grabbed the two by necks and threw them behind him. the general walked towards suhye who was trying to help up younghee. he knocked her out and carried her towards the vehicle they came in. he signalled his soldiers to retreat since they got what they came for.

hwikyul got up and helped younghee regain consciousness. they both helped ardyn and minho up. "we lost the princess." minho stated. "why would they take the princess?" younghee asked.

"you need to call back remaining squads." hwikyul said while minho was already using his watch to make the announcement.

•••
shiki and minyoung were cleaning up while the rest sat down by the lake. while cleaning minyoung heard shiki sniffle and immediately turned her attention to him.

"did you change like i told you last night?" minyoung eyed. shiki stayed silent because he did forget to change into new clothes when he was tossed into the lake. he just let his clothes dry on him while he was by the campfire. 

she went near him and made him face her then placed her palm on his forehead and felt that his temperature was higher than usual.

minyoung sighed. "i knew it.". shiki gave her a sheepish smile. she grabbed his hand and walked towards the van. they both sat down by the grass and minyoung placed her hand on his forehead once again and started using her magic to heal him. she closed her eyes to concentrate while shiki was just frozen in his spot. he was looking at minyoung and noticed how peaceful she looks. he always and treated her like garbage and thats why he always saw how pissed off she looks but now he is able to see another side of her. his gaze was locked onto her like he was in some sort of trance. shiki didn't even notice that she had removed her palm from his forehead and that she was calling out his name until she snapped her fingers in front of him.

"shiki? you feel any better?" minyoung asked.

he nodded. "thanks.". they got up and headed to the group just in time for all them to hear the announcement.

"all remaining squads report back to the location that will be sent to your watches. everything will be explained to you once you get back. godspeed." they all heard minho say as they all rushed back to the van and started driving towards the portal.

what they saw instantly made them worried. the buildings they built were now destroyed. rokian soldiers attending to those who were hurt during the battle.

"what happened here?" daehyun said.

the van stopped in front of hwikyul's house and it was clearly damaged as well. they all got out of the van and approached hwikyul who was waiting for them outside her porch with minho, ardyn, and younghee.

jisoo rushed towards her mother and gave her a hug saying thanks that she was alive and didn't get hurt.

"i may be watching those drama's all day but i'm still fighting." she gave her daughter a smile. 

"everyone gather up. wait you guys are the only ones left?" minho said as he looked back at the monitor on his watch.

"i'll cut to the chase, the princess was captured." everyones eyes widened.

"they attacked last night. we don't know why they took princess suhye but we did find this symbol on the soldiers and their vehicles. minho flashes the symbol on the montior for everyone to see.

"We have good news and bad news." ardyn said.

"the good news is because of this symbol, we know where they took the princess." minho said.

"and the bad news?" chanhyuk asked.

hwikyul sighed. "the bad news is, that kingdom is the kingdom that killed my entire team. i have roamed the land and they are by far the strongest kingdom the went through the portal."

"how are we gonna get back the princess?" mii asked.

"yeah i don't think destroy and search would work on these guys." jineul said.

"we need a plan, mii, kel, you guys are our best strategists can you come up with something?" storm asked.

kel and mii gave each other a look. "i think i can try something. i'll need some time though." kel responded.

"how much time?" ardyn asked.

"i'll finish as fast as i can." kel said as he went into the living room and laid down on the couch which surprisingly wasn't damaged during the fight.

"what you're gonna sleep?" jineul said.

"no. im going to the a different plane and hopefully get some answers." kel closed his eyes.

hwikyul told everyone to leave the room for a while since kel cannot be distrubed while he is going to a different plane. "alright while kel goes to a different plane i will tell you everything i know about the kingdom." hwikyul explained everything she knew about the kingdom, their powers, the royal family, their source of power.

•••
kel opened his eyes but he wasn't in hwikyul's living room anymore. the place was dark and cold. he looked behind him and saw a light not too far. he slowly approached it placed his hand on the light. he was transported now to the plane of angels. kel could see that he was in some sort of court room with angels by the stands and archangels in front of him.

"kelsier asakura." the archangel in front of him called him. "you have entered the plane of angels. what is it that you seek for having to enter our plane?". kel cleared his throat, "please show me the outcome where rokia wins this war." he pleaded.

"an amnesiac, asking for the future instead of asking to remember his past. a noble deed. there is only but one way for the rokians to win but i fear that you would not like the cost." 

"i can handle it. now please show me." kel stated with full confidence. the archangel placed its palm on kels head and showed him what everyone needs to do in order for rokia to win the war. the archangel removed its palm from kel who started panting from the rush of magic he felt while seeing the outcome.

"is there really no other way?" kel asked. "i told you. you would not like the cost of this war. i'm afraid there is no other way." the archangel said.

"thank you." kel started fading from the plane and woke up sweating. raven was the first to enter the room and saw kel awake.

"did you find what you were looking for?" raven asked as kel nodded. "bring everyone here. i found the solution for this war.". raven dashed outside and called everyone in. soon footsteps could be heard entering the house. everyone sat down around kel as he explained the plan to everyone but didn't tell them the cost. he told them who would face who and who would sneak in to find the princess.

"and that's what the archangel showed me." kel ended his instructions. 

"so we attack tomorrow." junmyeon said looking a little anxious but straightened up as soon as raven looked at him.

"yes. now i need everyone to rest for tomorrow." ardyn said as most of them got up and started leaving.

"wait. jisoo, daehyun and jineul. i need you three to stay i have some things to discuss with you three." kel said. everyone left while the three mentioned stayed.

"what's up?" jisoo asked.
•••

the rest of the members were gathered at the spot where the dragon was. woojin ran up to the ran. "hey i missed you buddy? did they feed you right?". the others were conjuring up food and tables for everyone. soon enough kel, daehyun, jisoo, jineul, and gyuri came. jisoo and gyuri were walking side by side which everyone noticed.

"what? gyuri not attacking jisoo? is someone casting an illusion?" hyunwook said.

"yeah gyuri what's up?" Raven asked.

"i've decided to turn over a new leaf. what's wrong with that?" gyuri replied.

"i don't know its just really odd but whatever come on i wanna see that dragon do tricks!" storm said as he got up from his seat and pulled yuihwi with him while the others followed.

daehyun and jineul walked towards hyunwook and raven. "hey you guys wanna spar? two on two. winner gets a load of money." jineul said. "aren't we supposed to be conserving our magic?" raven said.

"don't worry, the food will help us replenish it faster. besides i don't take draws lightly." daehyun said as she was already in her fighting stance.

raven conjured up her halberd and got into her fighting stance. "well you're not the only one." 

"i'll show you why i'm the strongest among all of us." hyunwook said while unsheathing his katana.

jineul took out his battle axe. "you know i hate losing money and bets. so you know i won't be losing this time.". a leaf slowly fell in front of them and when it landed they started clashing.

woojin taught storm how to ride the dragon. he took yuihwi with him and they rode around the sky. 

jisoo was with hwikyul and her mom while they were conjuring up food. "sweetie aren't you gonna go play with your friends over there? me and hwikyul can do the conjuring."

"Well i realized that i wasn't really helping a lot at home so i decided to help out here." jisoo smiled.

"don't be silly dear. you go on ahead. we got this handled. besides i think that boy over there has a thing for you. i saw him looking at you when that boy kel called for you to stay." younghee laughed and high fived hwikyul. jisoo's face was red from all the blushing. "mom!".

"go on now dear i'll conjure up your favorite food so that you'll have plenty of strength for tomorrow." younghee said as she looked through the spell book. jisoo kissed her mom on the cheek before running of towards the others.

"storm come on its my turn man! i wanna ride the dragon." minyoung was shouting from the ground. storm and yuihwi have been flying on the dragon for about half an hour now.

"so you like the view up here?" storm asked while yuihwi had her arms around him to keep her from falling.

"there are a lot of trees that's for sure." yuihwi said as she rested her head on storm's back slowly falling asleep while the wind blows her hair in the air. storm flew the dragon back to the ground. minyoung was about to shout at him but saw that yuihwi was asleep and made a mental note to get back at him next time.
AUTHOR NOTE
kezmer- hey guys! i know i know i know....it's been four months since the last update! im so sorry! school got super busy like you would not believe how many quizzes, projects, and tests teachers gave us. they legit rushed the last quarter of school! ughhh anyways i hope you guys liked this chapter. i am gonna tell you this that the story is coming to its end. so i hope you guys stay tuned for the next chapters!