14.

Almighty Three
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ F o u r t e e n ]


 

                For the whole week, Haeun was busy with her examinations. Even she was in the same examination hall as Minhyuk, she had been avoiding him. The others realized about it but they couldn't say anything.

                "It's the end!" Haeun said happily after she came out from the hall and it was her last paper. Minhye, Kei and Jooheon followed by Minhyuk came out and surrounded her. At that moment she saw Minhyuk, her smile died.

                "Are you going back now?" Kei asked. "You should stay longer because the semester break just started."

                "I'm going back a day after tomorrow," she told them. "I've to settle something first."

                "Let's have a party before you left.." Minhye said.

                "Call!" Haeun smiled happily. "How about tomorrow? My friend can join us too."

                "Wait wait..." Jooheon cut in. "What are you talking about? Back where?"

                "Haeun going to move back to New York," Kei answered. "You didn't know?"

                Minhyuk quickly looked at Haeun in surprise. "Why?"

                "Why do you even bother?" she snapped before she walked away leaving them. Suddenly, she felt a strong grip from behind and it was Minhyuk as he dragged her towards his car and pushed her inside.

                "Lee Minhuk, what are you doing?" she screamed angrily. "No.. Oh Minhyuk..." she glared at him.

                "How about you, Oh Haeun?"

                "I'm Lee Haeun!" she screamed out. "What do you want?"

                "Explain everything to you..." he said before he drove the car away from there. He brought her to Seoul tower as they watched the scenery from up there. Haeun couldn't reject him as well because she was excited at there. He knew her weakness.

                "I don't need your explanation..." Haeun said as she across him. Her heart died. "The fact you knew about it but you still abandon me two years ago didn't change anything. You're like our father. Abandon people," she remarked angrily.

                "Because my mom didn't want us to confuse you. Afterall, your mom just passed away," he explained.

                "Your mom..." Haeun called slowly. No wonder she felt Minhyuk's mom really nice at her, it was because she knew who was her. She felt really pathetic. That's right. No one loves and cares for her. "No wonder you reject me. You knew I'm your sister... I'm really stupid. I just fall for anyone."

                "I'm sorry. I should stop you from searching about our dad. I already knew about it..." he said regretfully. "I thought you will stop after getting hurt. But, you're so stubborn."

                There wasn't no feeling inside of her. She couldn't cry or smile or laugh. "So, you knew he is with Sehun?"

                "I found out when I moved to here two years ago. I pursued my study to here to find him and I found out he is with Sehun. His father is a close friend with our dad. Coincidentally, they have the same name. Isn't that why you mistaken him as your brother?"

                Haeun snorted when he made her recalled her own stupidness. "I won't find any of you. So, leave me alone," Haeun said harshly.

                "Don't resent Sehun..."

                Haeun almost left but she stopped, sitting on the chair looking at Minhyuk. "Just because he is our dad's adopted son, you're protecting her?"

                "No..." Minhyuk said as he put his hand on the table, clasped his finger together. "I'm grateful to him for looking out for you when I left..."

                Haeun stunned when heard his words. "Looking out?"

                Minhyuk smiled faintly. "You really had no idea, huh?"

                "What nonsense you're spouting?" she slammed her hand on the table.

                "Sehun had been looking out for you in hidden since two years ago. Everyweek he will go to New York to find out about you. Don't you feel strange why all the mess you created when you first entered the campus disappeared just like that?"

               "What?" she looked at him in shock. It was true she was a trouble maker even when she first year in the university. She created chaos all the time but she realized it disappeared and turned silent just like that. Other students was expelled for those behavior yet she attended the university nicely and comfortably. Is it because of him? "Why?"

                Minhyuk looked at her before shrugged. "You've ask for confirmation from him by yourself. When he told you're coming, I told him to stop you because I already found out about our dad. But, his words changed my mind..."

                He took a sip of the wine on the table and twirled the wine inside the glass. "She's having hard time alone. She want love. Can't we give it to her? We can give her the love so she will forget about your dad. About your dad, I'll keep him hidden," he said slowly. "That's what he told me."

                Haeun looked down as she held her tears. She thought no one can see the pain through her strong self.

                Minhyuk continued. "When you come here, I saw the way he look at you. It wasn't sympathy but love. He fell in love with you. He probably fall in love you ever since he looked out for you but I didn't realize until you came. I was scared the secret about our dad will burst if you hang around him so I made a bet with him when we played volleyball at the beach. The bet on staying away from you. And he lost so he had to chase you away. The night after you cried he came to me..." he stopped holding his face, recalling of something. "He begged me to let him stay around you. We fought crazily and he finally accepted the defeat."

                Haeun recalled the day the went to beach and Minhyuk's face was bruised.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter