Lunch, Memories, and...a Kiss?

Holding Onto the Memories

"Noona, You're really good! I'm glad you're our choreographer." said Dong Woon with a smile.

They were sitting at a table waiting for their lunch. Everyone was complimenting her while they waited for their food. Doo Joon stared vacantly out the window. He heard Mi Ah excuse herself. Ballet? Min Jung danced just as beautifully as her. Come to think of it, she spent her Christmas in Russia one year during senior high. Confusion filled his mind as he tried to shake away the memories of her.

"Hyung, can I talk to you for a minute?" asked Dong Woon. He motioned for Doo Joon to follow him. Doo Joon looked up at him and they both walked outside the restaurant.

 

Min Jung frantically dug around in her purse in search of her medication. She could feel her vision begin to blur. The dizziness started to set in. There it is. She smiled a little as she pulled it out of her cluttered bag. She fumbled with the cap while she fought with her clouding vision. Finally, she managed to pull the cap off and swallowed a pill. She leaned on the counter as she shut her eyes. Staring at herself in the mirror, she blinked a couple times until her vision had cleared up.

 

"Hyung, what's up with you? You've been totally out of it lately. It's just like when we were trainees. You kept spacing out and wouldn't stop being depressed."

"What are you talking about?" Doo Joon asked uneasily, "I'm just fine."

"No, you're not. Hyung, whatever it is that's bothering you, I hope you snap out of it soon. Our comeback is in a month."

Doo Joon collapsed on the bench next to them. He stared at the ground as he said, "I miss her, Dong Woon. I really miss her. I never thought I could want someone this much. I wish I could see her again. I see her in Mi Ah. The way she laughs; dances; smiles. It's like she's back. Right here next to me, you know?"

"Hyung-"

He scoffed, "But it's impossible isn't it? She's who knows where right now. I bet she's really happy. She probably has a handsome boyfriend. Maybe she's engaged. I just wish she'd send my heart back to me though. I hate feeling this emptiness where my heart should be. I just can't get over her." he finished, putting his head in his hands.

Dong Woon heard him mutter something along the lines of "going crazy." He patted the leader's back and gave him a sympathetic look. "Hyung," he said, "let's go back inside. I'm sure the food is there now. You wouldn't want the other guys to eat it all would you? Let's go. Before all the fans figure out who we are." Doo Joon got up reluctantly and walked back inside with Dong Woon.

 

Min Jung sat down at the table just as the food arrived. She noticed that Doo Joon was hardly touching his food.

"Doo Joon-ssi, aren't you going to eat? You have to stay healthy for your comeback." she stated.

Doo Joon ignored her and continued to push his food around.

At the other end of the table, Gi Kwang nudged Dong Woon. "Yah, Dong Woon. What did you guys talk about out there?" he asked in a hushed tone. "He seems kinda down."

Dong Woon shook his head. "I've got no idea. I just know that he's been thinking about some girl he really misses. I guess she went away or something. He said something about how he wishes she would give him his heart back. It might be that girl he calls for in his sleep. What was her name again?"

"Kang Min Jung, I think. He told me about her once. I've never actually seen what she looks like, but she sounded really pretty when he was talking about her."

Min Jung's heart wrenched as she listened to their conversation. Guilt washed over her. She hadn't meant to hurt him this much. Tears threatened to fall as she excused herself once more. "It's a bit stuffy in here. I think I'll wait outside." She rushed out before she had finished her sentence.

Yo Seob gave a worried glance in her direction as he slipped his hat on and followed her.

"Min Jung-ah! Min Jung, wait!" he called out. He finally caught up to her by the park. "Min Jung-ah, what's wrong? Why'd you walk off like that? You'll make the others worry."

"Sorry Yo Seob-ah." she said almost inaudibly. "I shouldn't have come back here. This was such a bad idea."

Yo Seob turned her around and hugged her tightly. "Shh. Don't talk like that. I, for one, am glad you're back. How else would I get to see the brightest star in my sky?"

Min Jung clutched his jacket as she cried. "I've only been selfish all this time. I selfishly left without a word and hurt Doo Joon. Now I've selfishly come back and I've only hurt him more."

"Don't think like that Min Jung-ah. It makes me sad to see you cry." he said softly.

She looked at him as he brushed her hair away from her face and wiped her tears away.

"Oppa..." she whispered.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm cutting it off there. Last update for today. Hehe. I think I've said that a lot. If I've got nothing to do tomorrow, then there will probably be another update. Who knows? Thank you to all who have commented on this story and also to those who have subscribed. It's nice to know that people are reading this. >< I'll try to keep the updates coming. I'm not sure how many more chapters this story will get. Depends on my mood I guess. =P