Dreamworld

Holding Onto the Memories

Min Jung slipped into a deep sleep as the anesthetic took over. The lights blinded her as she tried to open her eyes. She could feel the dread creeping in on her with the darkness. Finally succumbing to sleep, she saw a figure approach her.

"Min Jung-ah," called the glowing figure. "I'm sorry."

"Oppa? Oppa, what's wrong?" asked Min Jung worriedly. "Are you getting better?"

Min Soo smiled sadly as he wrapped his arms around her fragile body. "You could say that," he whispered.

Min Jung relished in the warmth that emanated from his body. "Your bruises are gone," she said softly as she looked at his face.

"Min Jung, you have to be strong, okay? Be strong for me," he urged.

"What are you talking about? Min Soo oppa, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, Min Jung-ah. Just - just make sure you stay strong. I can only walk with you this far, but remember, I'll always be with you," he cried softly.

She watched as her brother dissipated into the darkness.

Min Jung stirred in her sleep. Her breathing became labored and her fingers twitched. She could feel the heat radiating from a hand that rested on top of hers. The sadness weighed down on her chest as she realized what had happened.

"Yo Seob?" she asked weakly.

She felt her heart sink as she half-heartedly listened to Yo Seob's answers. Her mind wandered into endless hopelessness when she heard the lies slip out of his mouth. As soon as she heard the door shut, she allowed herself to break down.

"Liar," she muttered. "You don't have to lie to me about my brother."

-----------------------------------------------------

Yay for a recap? Now you guys know how she knows. ^^ Comment/Subscribe!

~Emylie<3