A Mystery

Holding Onto the Memories

Doo Joon stared out the window. It had been five years since he had been this lost in thought. Why had he never met this friend before? It's not like he and Yo Seob were strangers. They had been friends since junior high. Surely he would have met her. She held a striking resemblance to the woman who somehow managed to penetrate his heart, only to stomp on it and freeze it shut.

He thought about the way her eyes sparkled when she smiled; her melodic laugh; her soft, dark hair; the way she fit perfectly in his arms. Mi Ah had the same qualities. Could it be? No, it's just a coincidence he thought, shaking his head.

"Hyung," Dong Woon called. "Manager Song wants to talk to us. Come out to the living room. Hyung?"

The door opened, bringing Doo Joon back to reality. "What?" he asked, turning towards Dong Woon.

"Manager Song is here." he replied with a worried glance. "Hyung are you okay?"

Doo Joon stood and walked towards the door. "I'm fine," he said. "Don't worry about me. Let's not keep him waiting." He flashed a smile and walked out to the living room.

 

"Kang Min Jung, Doctor Freemont is ready to see you now." called a nurse.

Min Jung stood with a sigh. She hated going to the doctor. She walked into the dim room and greeted her doctor.

"Hello Min Jung. How have you been doing?" His question was met with silence. Clearing his thoat, he continued, "Your condition is worsening. Have you considered being hospitalized for treatment?

Min Jung's downcast eyes looked up at the young doctor. Her annoyance showed clearly as she coldly said to him, "I don't want to stay in a hospital. I already told you that."

"I understand completely, Min Jung. But without hospitalized treatment, the chances of you ever-"

"Haven't we already decided that I'm never going to-"

"Don't talk like that!" he said sternly. "I'm not going to give up on you, so you don't give up on me. Understand?" Min Jung nodded slowly. "I'll write you another prescription. Since you're so reluctant to stay and get better, take one pill every day and come back when you run out." He looked at her with his warm hazel eyes. "No more talking like this, okay? I'm too young for you to do this too me," he said, pushing back his dark brown hair.

"Is that all?" Min Jung asked. She was more than eagar to leave the hospital. The smell of antiseptic made her sick.

"Yes. Please come back for a check-up every couple weeks." he replied as he massaged his temples.

 

"You will be getting a new choreographer tomorrow." announced Manager Song. "Please welcome her and treat her nicely. She's full of fresh ideas for your comeback."

"What's her name?" asked Jun Hyung.

"I can't remember. She's coming from the states, so please don't scare her off." With that, Manager Song walked out of the flat.

"Who do you think it is?" Yo Seob asked with a thoughtful look.

"How would we know that? Hopefully she has a nice body to look at." Jun Hyung replied, ducking as Hyun Seung tireid to give Jun Hyung a smack in the head.

"Does it matter? It's getting late. We should rest up for tomorrow." Doo Joon said. He walked into the room he shared with Gi Kwang and Hyun Seung.

A spell of deep sleep fell over the six young men as they all settled into bed.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

Wow that was a long update. I've got another chunk of writing. Yay for boredom. =P I'll put it up when I finish everything for school. How was it? I think I might remove titles on these chapters. Not sure if I can come up with anything after the next 5 updates. >< Titles are my worst enemy. That and writer's block.