Learning

Holding Onto the Memories

Doo Joon and Hyun Seung stumbled into the apartment as they leaned into each other for balance. As they made their way into the apartment, Doo Joon fumbled for the light switch.

"Don't bother." grumbled Hyun Seung, "The light's only gonna make things worse."

"You're right. Let's just go to bed." replied Doo Joon as he halfheartedly dragged his friend towards their room. 

Doo Joon collapsed onto his bed and looked over towards Hyun Seung. He let out a heavy sigh as his gaze returned to the ceiling tiles above him. Even after all the drinking and partying, he still couldn't forget his problems. "I suppose the only way to solve it is to confront her." he muttered as he drifted off to sleep.

 

"Let's go home." suggested Yo Seob as he guided Min Jung through the hospital. "We can visit Min Soo-hyung tomorrow." He noticed Min Jung shaking her head in the corner of his eye. "No? Well then where should we go? The doctors don't want Min Soo to have any visitors until he's stable."

"Let's go to the studio." Min Jung replied softly.

Yo Seob scrunched his eyebrows together as he asked, "The studio? Isn't it a little late? The doctor said you need to rest."

"You have to learn the rest of the routine. Since I can't see, you'll have to help me teach." she answered.

"How are you gonna tell the others?" The silence caused Yo Seob to stop and look over at her. "Are you going to tell the others?"

"I talked to your manager. I scheduled a vacation. I'll be going away for a while. I'm gonna teach you all the dance steps every night over the next week. You will be the teacher."

"A vacation? Where are you going?"

"You said it was getting late, right? We should hurry up before it gets too late. You need to get some sleep for your comeback performances."

With a sigh of defeat, Yo Seob continued to guide Min Jung towards the dance studio. If only she were hanging onto his arm for a different reason.

 

Dong Woon walked down the hall in defeat. He had failed in finding anyone who could captivate him at the club, and he wasn't to drink. It wasn't like any of them needed supervision when they were drinking. Countless times, they had managed to get home by themselves no matter how drunk they were. 

Music caught his attention. It was their comeback song. There was no way that any of them would be practicing at this time of day. And he had seen them all at the club not too long ago. Quietly, he pushed open the door and peeked through the crack.

"Again." demanded Min Jung.

"How can you tell I'm not doing it right?" asked Yo Seob.

"Because you've always been sloppy with your dancing. Don't give me that look. How long have I known you? I know your habits better than you do. Now, again."

Dong Woon thought over the scene once again. Why did she not turn to face him when she talked to him? As he moved back to shut the door, he tripped and fell foward, revealing his presence. Smooth.

"H-hey Mi Ah-noona! Hey hyung! What are you doing here? It's kinda late isn't it?" he asked, giving them an awkward wave.

"Dong Woon-ah, I could ask you the same question." Min Jung replied with a smirk. "We were just going over dance steps. Wanna join us?"

"Sure." he answered with a smile.

"Ok, now from the top."

 

Yo Seob fell into his chair panting as he reached for his water bottle.

"Yah, hyung, can I talk to you for a bit?" Dong Woon asked as he motioned towards the door.

Yo Seob glanced over at Min Jung before getting up and following Dong Woon out of the room.

"Is there something wrong with her?" Dong Woon asked.

"What do you mean?"

"When she talks to us it's not like she's talking to...us."

Yo Seob bit his lip as he tried to figure out how much to say.

"Mi Ah lost her vision. According to her doctor, she knew about this months ago but she didn't do anything about it. She fainted at the club and when she came to, she couldn't see anything."

Dong Woon stared at his friend in disbelief.

"Don't say anything to the other guys. She doesn't want them to know."

"But, what about when she's teaching the choreography? Wouldn't they figure it out?"

"That's why we're here. She was teaching me the steps so that I could teach the rest of you. But since you're here, you can help out too. You know how lousy I am when it comes to teaching people."

"You really love her don't you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Your eyes. Hyung, isn't she the same girl that Doo Joon-hyung used to like?"

Yo Seob nodded. "She was hoping he wouldn't recognize her."

"It's kind of hard not to. You would never come across another person like her."

 

Min Jung wondered where the guys had gone off to. Her bag was lying on the floor across the room and she wanted to get her towel. She let out a sigh as she got up to her feet. Carefully, she felt around her for any objects in her path. Halfway across the room, her foot caught on the leg of a chair. The crash caused Yo Seob and Dong Woon to rush back inside.

"Noona! Are you ok?" asked Dong Woon as he helped her up.

"Yeah. I'm fine. It's just a chair. You act as if I had fallen into a pit of knives or something."

"Not funny Min Jung-ah." commented Yo Seob.

"Yo Seob!"

"He knows already. They're not as dumb as you think they are. C'mon. Let's go home. It's getting late. We can start up again tomorrow. I'll take you to your brother before rehearsal."

"Fine." she replied.

"Noona, do you need anything?"

"I'm fine Dong Woon-ah. I'll let you know if I do need anything though. See ya tomorrow night." 

 

Doo Joon tossed and turned in his bed. His eyes tensed as he broke out in sweat. His body jerked him awake as Gi Kwang shook him.

"What's wrong with you? You haven't been like this in years." Gi Kwang whispered worriedly.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it. What happened to you?" Doo Joon asked as he squinted at Gi Kwang's face?

Gi Kwang hurriedly turned away and climbed into his bed. "It's nothing. Just...ran into something on the way in."

Doo Joon laid back down and thought over his nightmare. Sleep was his foe once again as he stared at the ceiling above him with an intense concentration.

 

--------------------

Yay! I'm in an updating mood. :P Well, that and I want to finish up the stories so I can start on new ones. I've already planned a sequel/epilogue type thing to "Please Let Me Go", but what other stories should I write? Any suggestions on people? I think I'll put up the next update tomorrow. Perhaps with a little more focus on Doo Joon and his mental stability at this point? I guess we'll see. ^^

~Emylie <3