On the Road to Recovery

Holding Onto the Memories

Yo Seob lifted his head when he heard Min Jung's breaths stir. He felt her fingers twitch beneath his hand as he watched her carefully.

"Yo Seob?" she asked softly.

"I'm right here," he whispered, squeezing her hand.

"Did it work? The surgery. Was it successful?"

Yo Seob paused as he heard the desperate hope in her voice. "The doctor said we'd have to wait a bit before we can tell."

"How long?"

"Several months, maybe a year. The success rate is high. The match couldn't have been more perfect."

"How's Min Soo oppa?"

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat as the words slipped past her lips. Yo Seob watched as the corners of her lips frowned at the silence.

"Is something wrong?"

"He...he's still in critical condition. The doctors don't know why. Normally he should have been halfway to full recovery by now."

"Oh," said Min Jung. "Your comeback's getting closer isn't it?"

"Y-yeah, it is."

"Then what are you doing here? I didn't spend my time teaching you how to sit next to me. Go! Practice. Make me proud," she said lightly.

Yo Seob slowly got up from his seat. He leaned over her and lightly kissed her forehead. "I will Min Jung. Stay strong, you'll get better in no time. Then you can see your brother again."

Min Jung listened as the door shut behind him. "Liar," she muttered. "You don't have to lie to me about my brother."

----------------------------------------------------

Short-ish update? I can never tell. >< Christmas morning and I'm updating. I totally have a life. Unfortunately, I can't wander around a shopping mall since everything's closed. -_- Oh well. More updates for you I guess. =P Comment/Subscribe!

~Emylie<3