Revelations

Holding Onto the Memories

It was tense as Yo Seob led Doo Joon to the roof. He was angry with his leader. Angry for what he did to her before and angry that he didn't bother to try and make things better now. The cold bitter wind nipped at his skin, but Yo Seob felt none of it. Despite lacking a proper jacket, he did not shiver.

Several minutes passed as Yo Seob stared off into the distance. He thought about all that brought them to that point. He thought about how much he wanted Min Jung to pull through. The more he thought, the more he shook from his bottled up anger. For years he had been the one to pick up the pieces in her life. For years Doo Joon had been the one to break her into pieces. He had had enough.

Turning on his heel, he walked calmly over to Doo Joon. Swiftly, he raised his fist and sent it flying towards Doo Joon's jaw. Shock flashed through Doo Joon's eyes as he stumbled from the blow. Despite his looks, Yo Seob was not one to cross when angry. He stared back at his friend and waited for his next move.

Again and again, Yo Seob punched the leader. After several punches, he fell onto a nearby bench panting. Throughout the whole ordeal, neither spoke. They sat in silence, Yo Seob on the bench and Doo Joon on the snowy rooftop.

"Did you ever care?" Yo Seob asked. His voice cracked as he spoke. "All those years with her, did you ever care about her?"

Doo Joon stared at his usually light-hearted friend. "Of course I did. I love her, Yo Seob."

"Is that what you call it? Love? Then how come everytime she was with you, she'd come back in a million pieces? You have no idea how many times you've hurt her. She was always crying over you." Yo Seob retorted bitterly. Silence fell between them again.

"How long?" Doo Joon asked quietly, desperate to change the subject. "How long have you known about this? About her vision."

Yo Seob shifted his weary gaze from his hands to the man before him. He let out a heavy sigh and turned away towards the sunrise. "A while now I guess. She didn't want anyone to know. She didn't even want me to know. Me," he chuckled, "the one person that knows her inside and out. I think her brother might have known, but she didn't let on that anyone else did. She was gonna teach me the choreography for our comeback and then take a break. She didn't say where she was going though."

Doo Joon was at a loss. He looked at his hands and noticed that he had been shivering. For how long, he had no clue. "We should go back inside. Manager-hyung will get pissed if we get sick right before our comeback." He lifted himself up and dusted off the snow before walking over to Yo Seob and offering his hand.

 

Min Jung scrunched her eyebrows together as her hand rubbed her eyes. She heard the faint beeping of a heart monitor.

"I see you've woken up. Good morning Min Jung." said Doctor Freemont lightly. "How are you feeling?"

"Like crap." she grumbled as she pushed herself up. "What happened?"

"Well according to your friend, you collapsed in your brother's room. You should take better care of your body. Take a break and get some rest. It wouldn't kill you to do so."

"Sorry." she said sheepishly. Doctor Freemont was always harping on how she took care of her body. Too much dancing and not enough nutrition, never enough rest. "How's my brother doing?"

"He's still in critical condition. Min Jung, I'm not sure if he will get better."

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"He may not want to. Min Jung, a piece of paper was found in his pocket. I know you can't read it right now, but he was very clear about it. He wanted to give you his eyes. He asked around and found out he was a match."

Tears fell from her eyes as her body shook. She sobbed into her blanket as she listened to his words. "I....I don't want them." she whispered shakily. "Not like this. No, I'd rather never see again than take his eyes. I-I can't. Not like this!" she cried.

Doctor Freemont watched her sympathetically. It would be difficult to make her see again if she refused to take her brother's eyes. "Alright. I understand." His focus shifted towards the door as Yo Seob and Doo Joon entered the room. "Ah, there you two are. Doo Joon can you make sure she eats something? I need a word with Yo Seob outside."

Doo Joon nodded and took a seat by Min Jung's bed as the door closed with a click.

 

Yo Seob looked worriedly at the stressed doctor. "What's wrong?" he asked, unsure if he wanted to hear the answer.

"Min Soo is not getting better. His will states that he wants to give his eyes to Min Jung, but she wants to hear nothing of it. I don't know how I'm supposed to convince her to accept this. I was hoping you could help talk her into it."

"Doctor Freemont, I'm sure you know her personality very well. She never changes her mind once it's made up. From the looks of it, I think she's made up her mind. I doubt anything I say will change it."

"That's what I'm afraid of. If she doesn't accept his eyes, it will go to another person. It could be years until another match comes up. I can tell you that Min Soo is very near death at this point. Nothing went wrong during the operation. Normally, he would be in the regular ward, but it seems as if his heart is willing his soul closer towards the other side."

Yo Seob ruffled up his hair and looked at Min Jung before letting out one of the many sighs that morning. "Just lie to her. Say it's from someone else. I want her to see again."

 

"Doo Joon-oppa, I really can't eat anymore. Can you stop shoving food down my throat?" she asked. There was a hint of annoyance in her voice as Doo Joon gazed at her sadly.

"Sorry." he mumbled. He mentally slapped himself for being such an idiot. He knew she was trying to distance herself from him. He deserved it. He had done the same to her years ago before his debut.

"Can you tell Yo Seob that I don't really want any visitors? I just want to rest for a bit. I doubt I'll be discharged anytime soon."

"Sure. Sleep well Min Jung-ah." he said as he brushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Thanks." she replied before she settled herself in her bed and dozed off.

 

-----------------------------------------------

Um....I think that's a long update. Maybe? Lol. It always looks longer in this box and on word docs. And then I put it up and yeah... It's been a while since I've updated this story. I still haven't decided on who she should go with. Or how long this story will be. >< (Can you tell I'm not much of a planner/outlining person? =P) Yeah... I think I'm gonna start another story. (I know! I have like...3 left to finish?) Anyways, if y'all (yes I said "y'all") could direct some attention towards my one shot stories, I could use some more requests. I got...one. Lol. I think I'm gonna change the title of it. It's so lame... I don't know what I was thinking...if I was thinking. Haha. Anyways, I'll try to update soon. My bday's coming up so I'll be busy answering Facebook messages. (Exciting life isn't it?) Hope you enjoyed this update. This is the longest I've ever stuck to a story without getting bored with it. Minus the two month hiatus of course.

~Emylie<3