It's Been A While

Holding Onto the Memories

Narrator

A young woman sat at the small table, taking in the fresh air as the aroma of her coffee drifted with the wind. Her sunglasses hid her wandering eyes as she scanned the busy crownd for the face of the man whom she longed to see. How long had it been since they last talked? She never told him that she was going overseas. She never told anyone really. Of course, he probably wouldn't have had the time to hear it anyways. It had been five years since she had last seen Seoul's skyline.

 

A text message. Hey, can we meet up some other time? I'm a little busy right now. She scoffed as she read the message. 'Of course. He never has anytime. I guess he hasn't changed.' Picking up her coffee, she got up and walked down the street. Memories flashed through her mind as she walked around the neighborhood she grew up in. Where they first met. When he carried her home because she scraped her knee. Their first fight. When he gave her his shoes so she wouldn't have to walk in broken heels. Unaware, she found herself at the playground the three of them used to meet at.

 

Her pale yellow sundress fluttered around her legs with the light breeze as she made her way to the swings. 'Maybe this wasn't such a good idea,' she thought as she sat down on the swing.

"Min Jung-ah! Kang Min Jung!" a voice called from behind her. She turned around to find her best friend, Yo Seob. He had grown a lot since she last saw him. He was no longer the short and stick-like teenager she remembered. He was a lot taller, more muscular, and he had bleached his hair.

"Yo Seob-ah!" she exclaimed as she ran over and hugged him. "It's been a while."

"Min Jung-ah! I missed you!" he cried, hugging her tighter.

"Yo Seob-ah, I can't breathe"

"Oh sorry. Min Jung, why are you back here? Weren't you studying at Juliard?"

"Oh, um...I decided to come back and study here. I miss you guys too much. How did you know where I was?"

"Min Soo-hyung told me. We all miss you too. Come on, let's go meet up with the others. They'll be happy to see you." he reached for her hand and dragged her with him."

"Where are we going?" she asked as she followed reluctantly.

"You'll see," he said with a smirk.

 

-------------------------------------------------

First chapter done! Comments please! =) I know it's kinda slow at the moment. I'll try to make future chapters a little more interesting, but hey, it's an intro chapter. I should probably make them a little longer too. Well, we'll see. I'm writing the story while I'm in class, so the progress of the story will go as fast as I can write.

Also! If anyone can make a pretty little banner/picture for me, it would be much appreciated. I don't do well with the whole photoshop/picture thing. Please and thank you. =D