Shock

Holding Onto the Memories

Sirens filled the night as the paramedics rushed towards the crash. A crowd had formed around the crash site as they gawked at how horrible it looked.

"Out of the way!" cried the EMT as they rushed the gurney towards the ambulance.

 

30 minutes earlier

Min Soo watched as his sister walked off to the bathroom. Making sure that none of the others caught him, he slipped out of the club and into the brisk evening. He quickly climbed into his car and raced away from the club.

Frustration gnawed at him as he drove, causing his speed to escalate. He knew Min Jung's condition wasn't getting any better. In fact, it might be progressing faster than she led on. He could see the restraint in her eyes whenever they talked about it.

 

"Why do you want to come back? You got accepted into your dream school! Why would you leave it all behind just to come back here? What's waiting for you back in Korea?" he asked. Min Soo felt the guilt biting at him as he regretted the harsh tone he had taken with his sister.

Between sniffles, he heard her respond, "Oppa, I went to go see a doctor. I went to go see many doctors. They've all said the same thing. The dizziness that I've been getting? It's because I'm losing my sight. Oppa, I want to go back home. I want to see Seoul, you, my friends. I don't want to forget what things look like. They said that they could put me on a waiting list, but they don't know how long it will be until I lose my sight completely."

Min Soo sighed heavily into the phone. "When will you be here?"

 

She just needed another pair of eyes, right? He had checked with multiple doctors. He was her match.

 

The tv in the corner of the waiting room caught Yo Seob's attention. Hugging the blanket tighter around his shivering body, he moved closer to catch what the news reporter was saying.

 

A car accident just off the main road occurred not too long ago this evening. Witnesses say that the man behind the wheel was driving at a deadly speed as he raced down the street, only to skid on the icy roads from the snowfall earlier today. The car skidded into the median where it proceeded to flip over into oncoming traffic. The driver has been rushed to the hospital and is currently in critical condition. It did not appear that the driver of the vehicle was under the influence. There were no deaths reported from this horrific accident, only minor injuries for the others involved. Back to you at the desk.

 

Yo Seob froze as the camera caught sight of the man being taken to the hospital. It couldn't be...

 

-----------------

It's short. I know. But it's something right? There will be an update soon. I'm not lying this time. I will update. And then I will go pack for my trip. I'm taking a trip to Canada. Fun yeah? I think I'll have access to the interwebs, but most of my time from then on will be spent on my countless college applications. Yay college apps. Did you know that it costs $90 to apply to Stanford? It's ridiculous. Anyways, I will update in the next couple days. Sorry about the extensive silence on my part. ><"

~Emylie <3