Waking Up

Holding Onto the Memories

"Sir," a nurse said softly as she tapped on Yo Seob's shoulder, "she's awake now. Would you like to go see her?"

Yo Seob stared at her for a moment, processing what she had just said. After seeing the news report, everything around him felt foreign. He slowly nodded and lifted himself off the chair and followed the nurse down the corridor.

 

The sound of the door opening caught Min Jung's attention, along with the shuffling of feet.

"O-oppa?" she called out. As hard as she tried to hide her fear, her voice betrayed her as it broke when she talked.

"Min Jung-ah, what happened? I found you on the bathroom floor." Yo Seob whispered as he hugged her.

"Everything's so dark. Did you turn the lights off? Yo Seob-ah, this isn't funny." Min Jung said as she held onto his shirt.

"What are you talking about? Min Jung the lights are on."

The door opened once again as Doctor Freemont entered the room.

"Min Jung, how are you feeling?" he asked.

"Doctor Freemont, it's so dark. I can't see anything."

Darkness swept over the doctor's features as he studied her face. "It seems the progression was much faster than I expected. I can put you on a waiting list. Young man, I take it you are close with her. Please make sure that she is okay and take care of her. Oh and also, Min Jung, your brother is currently in the ICU. He was in a terrible car accident. They're monitoring his vitals at the moment, and hasn't stabilized yet. You may leave whenever you are ready."

Yo Seob wiped away the tears running down her pale face. "Min Jung-ah, are you okay? Let's get you home."

"Yo Seob-ah, will you stay with me tonight?"

 

Yo Seob hugged her tightly in response as he fought with himself. He could not, would not break down. Not in front of her. He needed to be strong for her.

 

------------------------

Just a small update before I go to sleep. Thank you to my new reader for commenting. :) Good night. Maybe an update tomorrow before I go over to my friend's house for a lion king marathon. I know. I totally act like a senior. :P

~Emylie <3