Epilogue

The Story of The King's Guard

As Doyoung finished telling the story he noticed that the twins were fast asleep. He let out a deep sigh as Taeyong chuckled some. He helped Taeyong bring the twins to bed and tucked them in before heading outside with Taeyong.

"I hope they were awake to at least hear the entire thing, I don't want to repeat that story again," said Doyoung as he walked down the street with Taeyong. "Mm," said Taeyong. "I'm pretty sure they were listening," he said. "They had just fallen asleep after you talked about them returning home," he said. "Good, they got to hear most of it at least," Doyoung said with a chuckle.

"I never realized that this was that town," said Taeyong. "Well, it is," said Doyoung. "I found their graves the other day, I bring flowers every week or so," he said, shrugging. "Their graves? You mean the others are there too?" Asked Taeyong. Doyoung nodded as they reached the cemetery. "I don't know who added the others, but they are there," he said. "I'm thinking it was Joshua, or someone in this town," he said. "Mm," said Taeyong.

"Actually," said Doyoung as he tilted his head to the side. "It was Dowoon," he said. "He stayed alive longer than everyone else and even dug his own grave before he died," he said. "Ah," said Taeyong as they reached the graveyard. Doyoung led Taeyong to the gravestones, stopping in front of them. Sungjin's had the picture and his pick, Brian's and Jae's had their picks and Jae's had his glasses sitting in front of it with his knives, Wonpil's had a ring in front of it and Dowoon's had an arrow in front of his.

"A ring?" Asked Taeyong as he noticed the ring. "I believe Wonpil got married and had kids," said Doyoung. "I'm inclined to believe that Jaehyun is a descendant of his but," he said, shrugging. "You can't be completely sure," he said. "Mm," said Taeyong.

"Did Wonpil stay strong for everyone?" He asked. Doyoung nodded. "He stayed the strongest, almost outliving Dowoon but he stopped changing so he died of old age," he said. "Jae died first from suicide, Brian died from a in his 50's, Wonpil died from old age beside his wife, and Dowoon died a few days later from old age," he said. "They did go east, but got homesick and came back," he said. "Mm," said Taeyong.

"What happened to Minhyuk?" He asked. "No one knows, legend has it that he's here protecting the forest somewhere," said Doyoung as he looked towards said forest, hoping to spot Minhyuk's wolf form somewhere out there, still prowling the forest.

They turn when they both hear footsteps, seeing Jungkook and Mark with a third person. "Hey Mark! Jungkook!" Called Doyoung. "Hi hyung!" Said Mark as he walked over with Jungkook. "Who's with you?" Asked Taeyong. "Sungjin," said Mark. "He told us about coming to say goodbye, we heard his story on the way here," he said.

Sungjin smiled as he walked over. "I know, they brought me with them with my guitar pick, but I never got to personally say goodbye," he said. "Thank you, for bringing flowers," he said. "No problem," said Doyoung as he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. "You're finally at peace then," he said. Sungjin chuckled some and nodded as he turned to his grave. "Ah, this picture," he said, laughing some at it. "Good times, good times," he mumbled. Doyoung and Taeyong leave Sungjin to say his goodbyes with Mark and Jungkook.

"So, you heard his story too," said Jungkook. "I told the story actually," Doyoung said. "The twins wanted to know about them so," he said, shrugging. "He says Minhyuk is still out there somewhere, have you spotted him yet?" Asked Mark. Taeyong shook his head no. "Not since we've been here," he said.

"You'll see him," said Sungjin as he walked over. "It's good to finally come back after so many years," he said. "Ren and the others say hello by the way," he said. "I know," said Doyoung as he chuckled. Everyone turned when they heard a howl. "There he is," said Sungjin as Minhyuk came out from the forest. He left the graveyard with the others and walked over to Minhyuk's large wolf form.

"It's been so long buddy," said Sungjin as he pet Minhyuk's head. "I know you waited for me to come say goodbye, you can finally be at rest," he said, scratching him behind the ears. Minhyuk whimpered some before he lifted his snout to the sky and howled, fading away. "I'll see you there buddy," he whispered before turning to the others.

"Wow," said Doyoung. "He's a beautiful wolf," said Taeyong. "Too bad wolf 'shifters are practically extinct here now," said Sungjin as he sighed. "We'll see them again I'm sure," said Doyoung. "Probably," said Sungjin as he walked back to the graveyard, the others following after him.

He went to say goodbye to his parents, seeing Joshua's grave beside his parents. "Well, at least they put you here too," he said. He sighed as he walked back to the entrance, where Mark and the others were waiting. "Thanks again, for taking me here," he said. Mark smiled. "No problem," he said. "It was nice to meet you," said Jungkook. "And listen to your story," he said. "It was nice to meet you too," said Sungjin. "And thank you, Doyoung, for passing on my story," he said. "It's a story long forgotten, it was nice to pass it on to someone," said Doyoung.

"Who has my swords now?" Asked Sungjin. "Erm, someone from the latest guard," said Doyoung. "I don't remember who but," he said, shrugging. "I had them, and I passed them down like it was tradition to," said Taeyong. "They've been updated a bit, made stronger to keep the metal from rusting but otherwise it's the same two swords," he said.

"You can dual wield?" Asked Doyoung. "No, Taeil and I had them," said Taeyong. "When he died I got the second sword and then when the new guard got appointed I gave them to Yugyeom I think was his name," he said. Sungjin nodded. "At least they're being passed down still," he said as he started to fade away.

"It's time for you to go now isn't it?" Asked Doyoung as he smiled sadly. "Yep, I can finally move on now," said Sungjin as he looked up at the sky. "Keep the traditions alive, he said. "We will," said Doyoung. Sungjin gave one last smile before fading away completely.