Chapter 13

The Story of The King's Guard

Jae quickly caught up to what had happened since the King got assassinated, and Brian went to see if he could shock the nerve endings in Jae's arm to life, at least so he could be able to use his left arm again. Right now it was just hanging limply there.

"Just give up Brian," said Jae as he sighed. "I lost my ability to dual wield my knives," he said. "How were you able to hang onto Shownu then?" Asked Brian. "Guys, no fighting now," said Minhyuk as he walked over. "We need to figure out how to get Sungjin and Wonpil," he said.

"Sungjin's most likely dead," mumbled Brian. "He hasn't woken up yet and Wonpil's doing what he can to stay strong for him," he said. "Sungjin can't be dead," said Jae. "As much as he's been through, it takes more than that to bring him down," he said. "We need to plan out how to take out the biggest rebel base in history, this is most likely where they're holding Wonpil and Sungjin," he said.

"Where is it on the map?" Asked Brian as he brought over a map. "Well, we're here," said Jae as he pointed. "You guys came from the north right? Following the river here?" He asked as he pointed. "Yeah," said Brian. "We came down this way and got attacked immediately," he said. "That's one of the camps, but I don't think they'd bring them there," said Jae as he looked deep in thought.

"From what I gathered, they're here," said Jae as he pointed. "They won't go attack the capitol because I'm still here killing them off," he said. "We're pretty far from them," said Brian. "Well, it was either go to the border of the kingdom or risk going to the capitol to ask for help and have the war be taken to the capitol," he said.

"We can't go to the capitol," said Brian. "They'll say no and then we'll be arrested for treason," he said. "They really expect us to stop a civil war all by ourselves?" Asked Jae. "Apparently," said Brian as he sighed.

"Let's see if I can get your arm working again," said Brian. "I don't want you handicap, we may need you for something," he said. Jae sighed. "Fine," he said. "But if it doesn't work this time then we'll figure something out," he said. Brian nodded and willed the lightning magic to his hands as he rubbed his hands together. "Let me know when you feel this," he said before he put both hands on Jae's left arm and shocking it.

 

~



Wonpil wasn't sure how many days he had been here. He gave in after what he presumed was the second day to eat the food that the guards kept bringing. It wasn't much but it was enough to keep him functioning. He mostly focused on Sungjin and staying strong for him. He wasn't cold, his body temperature was higher than a human's, but he felt numb. He felt numb to the world, only focusing on making sure that his most precious hyung was still alive.

Out of everyone Wonpil was the closest to Sungjin, who had been the first person to accept him as a normal person and not a monster. He looked up to Sungjin, who had become the leader of their group, and he never left anyone behind. Sungjin's actions reflected on his younger brother Joshua, who always made sure that Wonpil at least had some food to eat for the day. Even if Joshua was a year younger, Wonpil still looked up to him. They both were people Wonpil could trust with his life.

Wonpil was busy changing the bandages on Sungjin's stomach when Sungjin woke with a groan and tried to sit up. "Whoa don't move," he said as he gently pushed Sungjin back down onto his back. "You sustained some stomach injuries, I had to patch you up with ice," he said.

"Where am I?" Sungjin asked in a raspy voice as Wonpil went to get a cup of water that was left for him. Wonpil helped lift up Sungjin's head as he pushed the cup to his lips. "I don't know, the last thing I remember was passing out after you did," he said as Sungjin drank the water.

"They seem to be keeping us here for the time being though, how are you feeling?" He asked as he moved the cup from Sungjin's lips. Sungjin coughed, covering his mouth. "I'm fine," he said, his voice still a little raspy. "Nothing vital got hit I hope," he said. "From what I could see no," said Wonpil. "I'd have to turn you over to be completely sure but the biggest wound was on your stomach," he said.

He helped Sungjin sit up and leaned him against the wall. Even that little bit of movement caused Sungjin to wince in pain but once he was propped up against the wall Wonpil let him be and went to get the tray of food. "It's not much but you need to eat," he said, feeding the food to Sungjin. "You'll get better hyung, we made a promise to go home when this was all over and we're keeping it," he said. Sungjin nodded and slowly ate what he could.

 

~



There was progress with Jae's arm, after they finally found the spot that had caused his arm to go immobile. Once Brian gave a particularly strong shock to it Jae was able to move his arm again. "Yes!" Cheered Brian as he threw his hands up in victory and got up. He ran around the camp yelling in joy.

Dowoon came over, chuckling some. "I knew he wouldn't give up until something good happened," he said. Jae scratched the back of his head. "Now to get my hand to respond," he said. "We'll get your arm fully functioning again," said Minhyuk as he walked over. "Just have to believe in Brian," he said.

"I have better news!" Yelled Brian as he ran back over. "Sungjin-hyung is awake!" He said before going back to running around camp yelling in joy. "Well, two good news in a long while," said Dowoon as he smiled some. "Mm," said Minhyuk.