Chapter 10

The Story of The King's Guard

Sungjin and the others reached their home town, taking a moment to look around. Memories of a different time went through their heads as they looked around.

"Well, this is it," said Sungjin as he looked at the empty streets. "Let's do this then," said Wonpil as they headed to their old hang out spot. "I think I know who's here," said Brian as they reached the hang out spot. "Your old gang hm?" Asked Sungjin as he turned to Brian. "Mm," said Brian as he looked at Dowoon. Dowoon was back to being silent as he nodded. Brian sighed. "Well, I'm not about leaving them behind," he said. "Mm," said Sungjin.

Sungjin kicked down the door, un-sheathing one of his swords as he walked in. "I figured you'd be here," he said when he spotted who it was. "We aren't going without a fight," said Jooheon as he snapped his fingers and they were surrounded. "It certainly has been a while Young K," he said as the others backed up and faced back to back. "Do you really want to do this?" Asked Brian as he summoned his orb. "Attack them!" Said Jooheon and they attacked.

Sungjin let out a battle cry as he launched himself at the enemy with Wonpil changing and attacking along side him. Brian, Dowoon and Minhyuk fought hand to hand combat as they slowly took down the enemy.

 

~



A 10 year old Sungjin was sitting on the steps leading up to his house playing with a stick and drawing in the dirt. Joshua was taking care of chores again, since Sungjin finished his so he was waiting on Joshua to get done so they could meet up with the others in their hang out spot.

Brian walked down the street with Jooheon and his gang. Sungjin paid them no mind until Jooheon took notice of him. "Hey Young K, beat up the scrawny kid over there," said Jooheon. Sungjin looked up, blinking in surprise. "Yeah, that's right you," said Jooheon. Brian sighed before shaking his head. "Do I have to?" He asked. "Do it! Or you're out of our group and you wouldn't want that would you?" Asked Jooheon. Sungjin shook his head and stood.

"Really gonna bully the new guy?" He asked. "Tell you what kid," said Sungjin. "I'm 10 thanks," grumbled Brian. "Mm," said Sungjin. "Okay 10," he said with a chuckle. "You can stop hanging out with the bullies and come with us, I'm waiting on my brother so we can meet up with the others," he said. "Don't listen to him! He's lame," said Jooheon. "Your choice kid," said Sungjin as Joshua came out of the house. "Come on! I know the others are waiting!" Said Joshua as he ran down the road. Sungjin followed after him.

Brian later found their hang out spot, spotting Sungjin and the others. "Oh, it's 10!" Said Sungjin as he pointed. "You sure he didn't just say his age?" Asked Jae as the others walked over. "No, I'm positive his name is 10," said Sungjin as he stopped in front of Brian. "My name isn't 10," said Brian as he scratched the back of his head. "Then what is it?" Said Wonpil as he came over and tackled Brian, clinging to him. "I'm Brian, but Jooheon and them call me Young K," said Brian. "Well, our nickname for you is 10!" Said Sungjin.

"I'm Jae, the oldest," said Jae. "This is Sungjin, that's Wonpil, Joshua's over there with Dowoon," he said. "Wait we're the same age aren't we?" Asked Sungjin. Brian tilted his head. "I'm 10 too, what month were you born?" Asked Sungjin. "December," said Brian. "I'm older!" Said Sungjin as he grinned. "I was born in January," he said.

20 year old Sungjin sat on the steps leading up to his house with his bag beside him. They would meet him at his house, so they could go to the capitol together. It seemed to be deja vu as he spotted Jooheon's group walk by again. He ignored them as he saw Wonpil and Dowoon walk over. Joshua came outside to say goodbye, waving to Wonpil and giving Dowoon a hug. "Write back will you hyung?" He asked Sungjin. Sungjin smiled some. "Will do," he said.

Brian and Jae walked over all packed, ready to head to the capitol. "Ready?" Asked Sungjin. "Yep," said Brian. Jae nodded. "Let's go then," said Brian as he stood, grabbing his bag. They headed out of town, heading towards the capitol.

 

~



By the end of everything, all the enemies but Jooheon were dead. "It's a shame, you bullied me a lot as a kid, I would've kept you alive but you'd bring more rebels here and frankly, I'd rather you not," said Sungjin as he raised his sword. Instead of killing Jooheon he re-sheathed his sword. "I know you don't want this town to be destroyed by the war," he said. "Let this be your chance to redeem yourself," he said before leaving. Brian and the others follow after him.

"Did they make a graveyard at least?" Asked Brian as he turned to Dowoon once they were standing in the street. Dowoon nodded. "Follow me," he said before leading them to the graveyard. "Give us a few minutes," said Sungjin and Brian as they turned to Wonpil and the others once they reached the graveyard. Wonpil nodded. "Take your time," he said. Dowoon nodded in agreement. Brian and Sungjin walk into the graveyard.

Sungjin found his parents first as he fell to his knees in front of their gravestone. "You guys wouldn't believe that Joshua made it into the queen's guard," he mumbled as he brushed his fingers over their names. "I made you grandparents too," he mumbled. "If only you guys could see the twins," he said as he started sobbing.

Brian stood in front of his parents graves, listening to Sungjin sobbing just a few rows behind him. "Hey mom, dad," he said as he got down on his knees. "I hope you guys are doing well," he said. "We made you proud I hope, Sungjin-hyung started a family, the twins are cute," he said with a chuckle. "We'll be back soon to say goodbye, for now it's a 'see you later' situation," he said. He reached around his neck and took off a leather strap holding his guitar pick. "This is so you know I'll be back," he said, hanging it on the cross that had his father's name on it. "See you soon," he said before standing and walking over to Sungjin.

Sungjin tried to quiet down his sobs as he sat in front of his parents graves. "Hyung," said Brian as he walked over and put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "It's alright," he said. "It's alright," he repeated.