Moving On

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

*Song reccomendation: Two Less Lonely People in the World" By KZ Tandingan Cover

 

 

Food for the Gods: Moving On

 

        The next morning, it was not a very bright day for Jeonghan as he recalled what happened in the past. He couldn’t sleep in peace as his bad memories kept on running in his head. Every time he closed his eyes, he remembered every single details of his dark past.

 

Early in the morning, as the sun rises, Jeonghan kept his eyes open and decided to look on Mingyu’s angelic face to ease his painful heart.

 

        Every time Jeonghan looks at Mingyu’s smile, his heart feels warm and his memories just fades away.

 

Jeonghan:

(Spoke in Korean)

Maybe you are my angel, Mingyu-ya.

(He whispered)

 

        Later on, Mingyu woke up. It was quite unusual that Jeonghan was the one who rose before him. He faced him and greeted him with a smile.

 

Jeonghan:

Good morning.

(With a sweet smile)

 

Mingyu:

Stay there.

 

        Mingyu just smiled. He stood up to go to the lavatory to wash his face and brush his teeth. He went back to bed and faced his sad fairy and wore a very bright smile.

 

Mingyu:

Good morning!

How are you now?

 

Jeonghan:

Better.

 

Mingyu:

That’s not good.

 

Jeonghan:

Why not?

 

Mingyu:

I promised that I won’t make you feel sad during your stay here.

 

Jeonghan:

It’s not your fault.

(He smiled with all the sadness and pain in his eyes.)

 

Mingyu:

Did you remember something bad?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

I would be lying if I tell you no.

 

Mingyu:

I’m sorry.

 

Jeonghan:

I told you, it’s not your fault.

 

Mingyu:

I was worried about you.

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t be.

It’s in the past.

 

Mingyu:

But it keeps bothering you.

Did they hurt you?

 

Jeonghan:

(He kept his mouth shut)

 

Mingyu:

If y-

 

Jeonghan:

(He decided to talk about it for the first time.)

Yes.

 

Mingyu:

I see.

A lot?

 

Jeonghan:

A lot.

(His tears began to pool around his eyes.)

 

Mingyu:

(He was hurt by seeing how cruel it could be to Jeonghan, since it didn’t leave him and he couldn’t move on.)

Did they touch you? (Harass)

(Based on what he spoke and acted.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He pursed his lips and began to cry without making any sound.)

I didn’t allow them. I- I tried hard t-

(He halted his words because he began to tremble as he remembered that incident again.)

 

Mingyu:

(Caressed his face; though, he let him cry to let out the pain he was feeling.)

You fought well.

 

Jeonghan:

I tried to.

 

Mingyu:

(Held Jeonghan’s hand.)

It’s alright. You can tell me.

 

Jeonghan:

(Looked at Mingyu’s sincere eyes.)

I was…

(His voice began trembling)

I was kidnapped and held for almost a week. Without food, water, or anything.

I was concealed in a dark room with only one light lighting the whole warehouse. It smelled like rust. I could hear rats from the corners and creepy low voices from the men who were guarding me. My hand and feet were firmly tied. They covered my mouth with a tape, so I won’t make any sound.

I beg them but they won’t listen. They wanted money in exchange of my life…

(His face showed anger)

I can’t even beg for my life…

(Mingyu continued listening.)

They were demanding for a big amount of money from Attorney.

I know… attorney did everything. Even my friends tried to…

(His voice became scared as if it was happening again.)

They tried to save me as fast as they could but every time they fail to submit on time… the higher the ransom they demanded.

I was worried about my sister because they told me that they’d harm her too.

(Mingyu wiped off his tears)

They… they were drunk one night. I was constrained by those large strings.

(His heartbeat became fast)

They held my hand and kissed me on my neck up to the chest several times. They… they tried to my shirt and p-pants…

(He breathed heavily)

…but I was held tight by the strings that wrapped around my body. They untie it and held me on my waist. I tried to fight back but I was weak and I was scared.

I beg but those bastards kept on touching me!

(He stopped for a moment as he sob loudly, while Mingyu came close and leaned Jeonghan to his chest.)

Those bastards! Those monster!

(He held Mingyu’s clothes tightly.)

They were demon who sold their souls for money!

(Mingyu held Jeonghan’s hands tightly as he got angry of knowing what had happened.)

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan-

(He was startled when Jeonghan called his name.)

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu…

(He cried louder than the previous one.)

I’m scared…

Those men, those men didn’t stop even though I kept on begging…

I-I d one of their guns and point it to the man in front of me.

(Jeonghan began shaking)

I don’t have a choice but to pull the trigger.

(He closed his eyes as he imagined the sound of the gun.)

I-I don’t know i-if I killed that person.

(He looked at him with a scared and pale face.)

What if- what if I killed a person, Mingyu-ya?

What if I killed him?

(He murmured with his shaking arms.)

 

        Jeonghan visualized the blood on his cold hands and began shaking.

 

Mingyu:

Enough…

(Mingyu was so worried and afraid that Jeonghan would remember that nightmare all the time.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He started to panic.)

Mingyu-ya…

There’s a blood all over my body.

(He was terribly shaking because Jeonghan could actually imagine that it was happening again.)

I don’t know happened and I heard another shot from behind.

 

        Mingyu held Jeonghan tight yet gentle close to his body and caressed his head while saying “Shhh… it’s enough, Jeonghan-ah. It’s not your fault.” Repeatedly.

 

        Jeonghan was still inside his nightmare as he continued talking without hearing what was happening around him.

 

Jeonghan:

I was intoxicated… I was not aware of what was happening around me. All I know that I was already on my knees and that I could hear my Uncle’s voice near me.

When I woke up, I was already in the hospital with Attorney and my friends.

That’s when I learned that I was shot by my own uncle and my Aunt from my mother’s side was his accomplice.

 

        Mingyu looked at him gently. He went closer to him and kissed his forehead tenderly as he caressed Jeonghan’s head mildly.

 

Mingyu:

Thank you for surviving, Jeonghan.

I wish I could be there to save you.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu ya.

(Sobbing)

The pain won’t go away.

 

Mingyu:

It is impossible for you to forget everything but it’s not impossible for you to move on. I will just be here for you.

 

Jeonghan:

But I don’t know how. I’ve lost everything.

Money is just a temporary cure for the pain but it won’t go. Even if I can buy everything in this world, that memory will still return in my dreams and it will remind my body the pain.

 

Mingyu:

That’s why you are here and I am here.

 

Jeonghan:

I really wish that I should have died back then.

 

Mingyu:

Don’t say that.

 

Jeonghan:

It’s hard, Mingyu… it’s hard to live like this. I want to escape from my life.

 

Mingyu:

And here you are.

Jeonghan. There’s no solution when you escape, but if you let your heart discover new things that would make you happy, you will live a new life again.

I’ll help you with everything I can.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you for listening. But please treat me the way you treat me before. I don’t want you to sympathize me.

 

Mingyu:

I don’t have the reason to sympathize you. I am here to care for you. I know you are stronger than this, Jeonghan.

(He smiled)

Should I make a breakfast?

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled. He felt that he was cured again.)

Yes. Please.

(With a weak and somehow relieved voice.)

 

        Mingyu helped the weak Jeonghan up and went to the kitchen. Min Jun and Olivia were already in the kitchen. Mingyu’s father was the one who was cooking and Luisa was in charge of squeezing fresh juice as their beverage. Jeonghan and Mingyu greeted them and helped them right away.

 

Olivia:

Sweetie, are you feeling well now?

We were worried last night.

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled with a relief expression.)

Yes, mama. Don’t worry.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter