Alla, Prossima (The next time we meet)

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, first of all... I'm not sure if the Italian of ''Til next time we meet' is 'Alla prossima'... but... okay... anyway... Enjoy!

 

---

 

Food for the Gods: Alla, Prossima (The next time we meet)

 

          After Cheol’s brave confession, the two free spirited travellers continued their journey again. They went to some places, but mostly, they stayed in Spello doing some errands and managing the restaurant.

 

          They even dared to ride on an extreme amusement park rides. Unexpectedly, Mingyu wasn’t good at handling those kind of extremes. He kept on shouting and holding Jeonghan’s hand or if not, he’s gripping on the metals around him. He felt dizziness every time he was riding something. On the other hand, Jeonghan was surprisingly enjoying it. Mingyu promised himself not to ride any of those again. His mischievous angel seemed to be amused on his butler’s reaction, and it was all recorded on his go pro.

 

          One month of stay became two months. Jeonghan wanted to reside with them, but unfortunately he couldn’t. Too bad, he had to go earlier than they expected because he received an urgent call from Seungkwan and Attorney that they were having some serious problems inside their company. The board members demanded a meeting and Jeonghan knew that it was time for him to go back to reality.

 

          He was packing his things, including the things he bought from some places with Mingyu. While arranging everything, he was thinking of how he could say goodbye to the people, especially to Mingyu. Jeonghan felt sad when he thought of leaving, but he also thought that he could just come anytime. Well, if he had free time. Anyway, he could still contact all of them through Skype or any social media- that’s as if Mingyu would be online at all times.

 

          So, the angel had no choice. He must say goodbye. The first thing he did in the morning was prepare himself by breathing so so deep before knocking on Mingyu’s door. He was holding his Polaroid and some printed pictures. After a few while, no one seemed answering the door, so Jeonghan thought, Mingyu was still sleeping. He gave up. He was about to leave his things in front of his door, but someone approached beside him. It gave him a big fright, but he managed to shut his mouth in order not to disturb the other tenants inside the building.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya, you surprised me.

 

Mingyu:

Why are you up early this morning?

It’s just 5 am.

 

Jeonghan:

Umm… yeah.

Mingyu ya…

(With a sad face)

Cheol called me and…

(He was having a hard time saying it)

 

Mingyu:

(He was sad, but he knew that he still has to go back to Korea)

You need to go?

(He smiled gently)

 

          Jeonghan really looked sad, and Mingyu never fails to notice it.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan ah, you are always welcome here.

I will always wait for you.

(He smiled)
Cheer up now. I know you will miss me.

(He giggled)

Or I think you will just miss my food.

 

          Jeonghan didn’t utter a word and gave Mingyu a warm embrace, crying.

 

Jeonghan:

I will really miss you.

 

Mingyu:

(Embraced him back)

I know.

(He said sadly; though, he was wearing a smile)

I will miss you too.

And… and we will meet each other again, Han-ah.

(Looked at him while patting his angel’s head)

Are you crying now, Jeonghan?

Really?

 

Jeonghan:

Because I will miss you so bad.

(He whined like a baby)

 

Mingyu:

Aigoo~

Ya, you told me you’re not a cry baby.

 

Jeonghan:

I am…

I am a cry baby.

Don’t interrupt me and just let me cry for a moment.

 

Mingyu:

Alright.

 

          After whining for a short period of time, Jeonghan finally recovered.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu ya, I’m hungry.

 

          Jeonghan giggled. And now the mood was oh, so light!

 

Mingyu:

(He laughed)

Alright, angel.

I will grant your wish. I’m sure you will miss my cooking.

Any request?

 

Jeonghan:

Hmmm… I want to request your favourite meal.

 

Mingyu:

My favourite meal?

Hmmmm…

Okay, just wait for me.

What time is your flight?

 

Jeonghan:

3 in the afternoon…

And wait… I have something to give to you.

 

Mingyu:

What is that?

 

Jeonghan:

(Handed him his Polaroid and photos inside an expensive notebook)

Here. Don’t read it yet.

Read it when you miss me.

(He winked)

 

Mingyu:

Alright.

And your Polaroid…

 

Jeonghan:

It was Jeong Gi’s

I will give it to you, so you can take pictures with those.

Inside the box are all the films I wasn’t able to use.

 

Mingyu:

You sure?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. And don’t forget to give me a picture of Luisa’s baby.

 

Mingyu:

Alright.

And don’t forget to send me pictures of your task on Jeong Gi’s bucket list.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

Alright!

Can you cook breakfast now?

 

Mingyu:

I don’t have any ingredients yet.

Wanna go with me?

 

Jeonghan:

We’re going to the market?

 

Mingyu:

Yeah. You asked me to make my favourite meal.

(He winked)

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Alright!

 

          The two went shopping not only in the market, but inside the butcher’s place -where all different kinds and cuts of beef were freshly cut. Mingyu got to choose his meat, and partly gave Jeonghan a lesson about them.

 

          Men likes meat! Men likes heavy meals, especially those who were required to do some heavy work like Mingyu does.

 

Mingyu got to choose his meat. After that they headed to the market –wet market. It’s always good buying at the market during early in the morning because all were fresh and you got the chance to choose.

 

It was the first time, Jeonghan went to that kind of place. It surprised him that it was fun shopping inside wet markets; though, the smell on those cold cuts were slightly unpleasant.

 

 

          Back to Simone’s precious kitchen, where Jeonghan would truly miss, Mingyu asked Jeonghan to help him prepare the food.

 

Jeonghan:

I thought you will serve me food?

(With cute pleading lazy face because he didn’t want to work anymore)

 

Mingyu:

I’m sorry Jeonghan. You requested this.

(He smirked)

Part of my favourite is when someone cooks the food with me.

(He winked)

 

Jeonghan:

Really now.

(With a straight disbelief face)

Aigoo~

(Then, he smiled after a deep sigh)

Guess I have no way out to that.

Yes, Chef!

(He laughed)

 

          Mingyu was in charge of the meat, while he was instructing Jeonghan what to do with their simple dessert. Mingyu was preparing their soup, pasta, and meat all at the same time, while the lazy assistant chef was just making their gelatine dessert. In spite all the work, Mingyu managed to supervise his beautiful, though, lazy apprentice on the other side. And good for Jeonghan, he was doing well. Mingyu was impressed.

 

          They chilled their simple yet colourful dessert in the fridge, while doing the other cuisine. So, after they ate the main course, the gelatine would be ready.

 

          It was pass 8 when they finished everything. Jeonghan set up their tables inside the restaurant. On the other hand, Luisa and Simone were already waiting for them outside. However, Mingyu instructed Jeonghan to set their food at the veranda on the second floor.

 

Luisa:

(Upon hearing Mingyu’s instructions and Jeonghan’s objection –because he’s too lazy to go up.)

Honey, why don’t you join us? I heard that Angel is going home this afternoon.

 

Mingyu:

Zia, can we just have a meal together during lunch?

 

Jeonghan:

We will still have lunch?

I guess I can’t eat a lot by then. You prepared a heavy one.

 

Mingyu:

Then, I’ll just prepare a light one.

A sandwich maybe? With wine.

(H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter