Missing You

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Food for the Gods: Missing You

 

          Mingyu went home after several months, and Luisa gave him the letter Jeonghan asked her to give. Mingyu did not read it immediately. He ran back to his house and was surprised that his room was not the same room as before.

 

          It was not that Jeonghan really re-arranged everything inside, but he displayed his paintings on the wall. He even asked the owners if he could nail the wall because he wanted to display Mingyu’s beautiful works on the wall; though, it costs Jeonghan his beautiful fingers hurting so bad after he successfully buried some nails on the wall after several attempts. It was beautifully arranged. He liked it! Then he saw some picture frames on his table beside the bed.

 

          The pictures were perfectly framed in a simple golden frames- well, with simple yet elegant frames handpicked by Jeonghan himself. In it, there were pictures of Jeonghan with his family, and there was one frame that contains their picture together.

 

          Mingyu smiled upon seeing it and in one blow, all his stress vanished. It was like magic!

 

He sat on his bed and started reading Jeonghan’s letter. The now ‘chef’s’ smiling face won’t just disappear even after reading it.

 

          Right after a short rest, Mingyu started painting again. He really missed it. He took all the time that day only for painting. This time, he made his self-portrait- a smiling self-portrait painted with unusual colors except for his eyes. He painted his delighted eyes as realistic as possible. After he’s done with his portrait, he grabbed another canvas and painted a smiling angel; however, he did not intend to finish it. He left Jeonghan’s lips undone. He wanted to give it to Jeonghan to color his on lips with his favourite color- red. He planned to wrap and send it after it gets dry with a short message place at the back of the portrait

 

Dear Jeonghan,

 

Complete your portrait. This is a collab, Jeonghan. I know you already learn how to cook. Now, it’s time for you to hone your skills in painting.

 

I hope to see you soon.

 

Love Human.

 

The next day he cooked for all of them. Back to their kitchen again. He did not take any rest. He started working as a chef and as a butler for his another angel. He planned to work every day to help them, while it was still his vacation. Of course, he wouldn’t allow himself not to visit his parents at the vineyard.

 

          While having their dinner, Luisa and Simone were teasing him on how beautiful Jeonghan was now, and it kept him bothered all the while. He asked Jeonghan to take a photo of him but he won’t show it. Jeonghan sent voice messages instead. It made him more curious of how he looked. From that day on, Mingyu kept on thinking about it –with a smile- visualizing how angelic he could be.

 

          As time flew quickly, the handsome chef Adonis had to go back working in a cruise ship again. He promised to work even harder, so that he could save money for his goals in the future –and that includes his one and only Jeonghan; though, he was not still sure if he could have a chance with him.

 

          On the other hand, Seungkwan and Jeonghan, together with Seungcheol was planning to go on a cruise around Asia for their upcoming vacation; however, they cancelled it because their work started flooding them again. They’re tables were full with papers including, sales report and other annoying legal stuffs. Seungkwan was really sad about it, and he was really disappointed that he couldn’t go on his dream vacation. He sulked over it and sat on his chair.

 

          Days after, a news came in the television saying that 2 ships sank near the sea of Russia due to a great and unavoidable crash. One ship was a tanker and the other one was a cruise. It was reported that a lot of them died and some were still missing.

 

Seungkwan:

(He was troubled about the news when he heard the name of the cruise ship.)

Aigoo!

Thank goodness we’re not there.

That was the ship we’re about to board! My gad!

Thank you lord! Thank you. Thank you! Mmmwuah!

 

          While watching the tragic news, Jeonghan received a parcel. It was a big one compared to the parcels Mingyu had been sending him. From the news, his attention was directed to the package he just received. He found it funny when he saw dried bouquet of flowers inside… probably not, because the flowers were made of soft pastries; though, some were biscuits. As soon as he saw that beautiful, colourful, and unexpectedly sweet smelling flowers, there was a card says “Eat me” Jeonghan doubted it at first, so he tried to crumble a portion of the leaves and alas! It was really a biscuit and some were made of sweet merengue. It was beautifully arranged and the smell was really appetizing. Jeonghan wanted to display it but it was such a waste if it would just expire without having him a taste of all the goodies Mingyu made. Of course, we wouldn’t forget to take a very stunning picture of that thing. Back to scanning the package, he noticed a tiny parcel beside a letter. He took that out and opened it. Looking at that thing made him happy that it reflected through his glistering eyes and charming smile; in addition, reading his message gave him a sweet giggle.

 

          Soon after, Jeonghan sent back his reply to Mingyu’s letter through Seungkwan’s amazing super human speed and power to send it to the post man immediately.

 

          While his secretary was gone out of the office, he went back looking at the news. He was terrified when he saw a ‘Carlos Kim’ on the list of missing people including his picture that was recovered from the list of workers submitted by the company. He thought it was just a dream. He thought that he was in a nightmare. His heart skipped a bit. He was scared, but he hoped that he was still alive; nevertheless, he immediately dialled Piccolo Avventura’s number; even though, it was overseas, just to confirm what he saw in the news. No one seemed to answer his phone call, and that was the time he called Seungcheol with his shaky voice as his heart beats fast every second he couldn’t reach Mingyu’s family.

 

Jeonghan:

Cheol…

(His breathe were getting shorter)

I-I need to…

 

Seungcheol:

What’s wrong?

 

Jeonghan:

I need to go to Spello right now.

I need to-

(He started crying hard, and he couldn’t speak anymore)

Cheol…

 

Seungcheol:

What’s wrong?

(He put down everything, so he could go and rescue his beloved angel.)

I’ll be right there.

 

          Seungcheol went straight to his office and saw him crying with Seungkwan.

 

Seungcheol:

What’s wrong?

 

Seungkwan:

Mingyu is…

Mingyu was on the cruise ship in the news. He- He’s missing.

 

Seungcheol:

What?!

 

          He ran immediately to comfort his beloved Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol:

Han-ah, everything will be fine.

 

Jeonghan:

I want to go to Spello right now. Please.

 

Seungcheol:

Alright. Alright.

(Looked at Seungkwan)

Seungkwan, can you arrange our flight?

 

Seungkwan:

Now?
(While sobbing)

 

Seungcheol:

Now!

 

          Seungcheol couldn’t take to see his angel crying, hurting so much. He had lost his family, and he couldn’t afford to lose one of his trusted friends too. Although, Seungcheol knew that Mingyu was his rival from the first time he saw him and as soon as he learned that he made Jeonghan smile again. The kind Seungcheol knew that Mingyu was a good person. He had become his friend too, and he respected him a lot.

 

Seungcheol:

They will find him.

Everything will be alright, Jeonghan.

(He embraced him tight to comfort him.)

 

-Spello-

 

          People were worried upon hearing that a cruise crashed in the middle of the sea. Luisa cried so hard and she almost fainted out of anxiousness. They did not tell his mother yet about what happened, but they confirmed that Mingyu was on the missing list.

 

          They waited for days, but there were no news yet. That was the time when they told Olivia and Min Jun about what had happened. Their family felt so much sorrow in their hearts. They couldn’t figure out how they would accept everything. They lose hope and became disheartened as a day passed by without any news about him.

 

          Some other time, Mingyu’s things were recovered and was given back to his family. It includes his passport and other identification stuffs. The rescuer didn’t want to give them false hope. They just advised them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter