The Most Beautiful Sunset

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Food for the Gods: The Most Beautiful Sunset

 

 

          A little chat with Mingyu’s mother gave Jeonghan a peace of mind. Because when he was growing up, there was no motherly figure who was willing to listen and to advise him after their parents died. Jeonghan felt a little envious of Mingyu because although they had a tough life, they stayed strong because they stayed together as a family. Jeonghan only had Mr. Do Yun (his father’s friend) and JeongGi as his family. Thank goodness he had a very honest, adorable, and protective friends too like Seungcheol and Seungkwan to cheer him up. After a little chat with Olivia, Mr. Min Jun went in to call the boys because the materials they needed were ready.

 

Min Jun:

Son! Everything’s ready.

 

          Min Jun invited them outside and gave them the secateurs and baskets (used for cutting the vines of grapes). As they stepped outside, they saw two horses and an enormous barrel with wine plunger on it. Everything was ready. Jeonghan was still clueless of what to do.

 

Min Jun:

Time to work, kids!

(He smiled while placing both of his hands on his waist.)

 

Olivia:

Take care. Carlos, teach Jeonghan well.

 

Mingyu:

Si, mama. (Yes, mama)

 

          Again, Mingyu assisted the newbie to ride the horse to go to the field.

 

Mingyu:

You say you can do this, right, Jeonghan?

 

Jeonghan:

Can we just walk?

 

Mingyu:

No. it’s too far.

 

Jeonghan:

(Once he got up to the horse, he remembered something.)

Oh, Mingyu, my camera!

 

Mingyu:

Eyyy! You really never forget that don’t you?

 

Jeonghan:

That’s important to me.

I’d love to preserve the memories I have.

 

Mingyu:

Alright.

Don’t go down. I’ll get it.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu!

(While looking at him going inside the house again.)

Don’t forget the whole bag! My Polaroid is in it.

 

Mingyu:

(He laughed in disbelief.)

Okay. I got it!

Tsk! This man, really.

(He released a deep happy smile.)

 

          It was just a matter of second when Mingyu got back, and he finally rode his horse. The experienced man held the string of Jeonghan’s horse and pulled them gently until they arrived the gates of their house.

 

Mingyu:

(Looked at Jeonghan with a mischievous smile)

Ready?

 

Jeonghan:

For what?

(He was clueless of what Mingyu was thinking because he was busy arranging his DSLR)

 

Mingyu:

Ya!

(He got disappointed in Jeonghan’s lack of excitement because he was busy taking pictures.)

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

Wait!

Just one shot.

 

Mingyu:

You’ll get into trouble riding a horse if you keep on doing that hobby of yours!

 

Jeonghan:

Okay. Alright! Calm down. I’m almost done.

Geez.

 

Mingyu:

That’s not allowed inside the field.

 

Jeonghan:

Why?

Will it contaminate something?

 

Mingyu:

(He lied)

Yes.

Electronics are not allowed!

Give that to Papa.

 

Jeonghan:

(He pouted his lips while disarming his body with those killer gadgets.)

It’s such a waste.

(He wore a cute sad face.)

 

Mingyu:

(He smiled upon seeing him sulking.)

C’mon. Hold on tight or else you’ll fall.

 

Jeonghan:

What are we gonna do?

I’m scared.

(With his trembling hands)

 

Mingyu:

Relax. Make sure you hold on tight, okay?

 

          Mingyu kicked his and Jeonghan’s horse, so that they could start moving. While their pace was still slow, the young Korean half Italian man was teaching him some basics horseback riding techniques that he learned from his father.  Little by little, the coward Jeonghan, who’s everything was his first time in doing things, were getting more scared because he could feel that Mingyu would make the horse run fast. While Mingyu was still close to him, Jeonghan grabbed the other man’s hand, which surprised Mingyu.

 

Mingyu:

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu, please don’t let go or else I’ll get angry.

 

Mingyu:

(Loved to tease the innocent rich man.)

Sorry, Jeonghan. Just stay calm and enjoy!

What’s the point of being your tour guide if I can’t let you experience the best ones?

Chill!

Seat straight and… go!

(He hit the horse lightly so, he won’t run that fast.)

 

          Jeonghan was a bit stiff that he couldn’t move any of his muscles at the moment. For the first time, he panicked that he couldn’t think of any. And then, Mingyu shouted to remind him the instructions. The troubled angel calmed himself first and slowly, he was starting to enjoy the ride. They rode in a slow paced when they reached the vineyard to pick ripe grapes for them to make their own wine. Mr. Min Jun, who followed them from behind was carrying the big barrel and the grape presser, passed them. The old man assembled the materials on a place where they could get fresh water from the pump uphill.

 

After they had gathered the grapes and went to where Min Jun was to give their harvest, Mingyu instructed Jeonghan to wash his feet.

 

Jeonghan:

What for?

 

Mingyu:

Just do it.

(He smiled)

Trust me, you’ll like this.

 

          Mingyu got a chair and let the rich young man sat on it. The tall man got Jeonghan’s white and flawless soft feet to wash, while his dad was putting all the harvest on a wide wooden barrel. Jeonghan was quietly observing everything until Mingyu started to wash Jeonghan’s feet with some towel for a scrub, he laughed so hard because it had a tickling sensation. He couldn’t stop laughing and kicking Mingyu. He even asked Mingyu to stop; however, the young mischievous man continued rubbing his foot gently so that it would be more tickling.

 

Jeonghan:

Stop!

 

Mingyu:

(Wearing a naughty smirk)

No! We must wash your feet thoroughly because we’re gonna soak our feet in the grapes. You know what I mean?

Unless you want some bacteria on your wine.

Well… maybe it will give you a different kind of taste.

(He chuckled)

 

Jeonghan:

Are we going to do it in traditional way?

 

Mingyu:

Yup!

 

          Although, Jeonghan wore a blank expression, his heart was so excited that it gave him a little tremble because he couldn’t completely hide the feeling he was having at the moment.

 

Mingyu:

(Done washing Jeonghan’s majestic feet.)

Done! Nothing much to wash. Your feet never seemed to work hard.

(HEesmiled)

 

Jeonghan:

I guess so.

(He smiled sweetly.)

 

Mingyu:

Right! What do I expect?

(Got up)

Don’t land your feet on the ground. I’ll carry you to the barrel.

 

          Later on, Mingyu’s mom was there too because Min Jun fetched her to see how glad their son was that very day. The old man also brought their electronics including Jeonghan’s camera and other stuffs so he could take a picture too.

 

Olivia:

Angel!

(She called gently)

I brought your camera. Should we take a photo of you?

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you mama!

(Wearing a pleased smile.)

Let me just adjust the camera.

 

          However, Mingyu instructed him not to land his feet on the ground. The only solution that he thought at that moment was to use Mingyu’s strength in order not to bother their parents to go to them.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu-ya!

Come here!

(He commanded)

 

Mingyu:

What?

 

Jeonghan:

(Reached his hands to Mingyu)

Carry me…

Please…

 

 

Mingyu:

Wait.

 

Jeonghan:

No, I mean, carry me to your mom. I need to adjust the camera settings.

 

Mingyu:

(Released a big heavy sigh)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter