I Love You, Jeonghan

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Food for the Gods: I Love You, Jeonghan

 

          After viewing the sunset, they went to a garden and see some colourful flowers. Mingyu kept on running like a child pointing out every vibrant color that he could encounter. Then, he saw a very bright lively red anemone.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan-ah, what color is this?

 

Jeonghan:

It’s red.

 

Mingyu:

Red?

It’s pretty!

 

Jeonghan:

Aigoo~ I’m like going out with my son.

(He giggled)

 

Mingyu:

Red is my favourite color!

(He declared)

 

          Jeonghan laughed and adored every moment Mingyu enjoyed upon seeing the colors. He felt that his heart flutters in every smile Mingyu made.

 

          That night, they went to a night market. It’s so happened that there was an event called ‘Holi Run’. It’s a festival for love and colors where people could dance and enjoy seeing bands; in addition, the tradition of throwing colored powders in the air made the festival more lively.

 

It was about sunset when they started the program. Bands started singing and playing their instruments, while the audience were given colored powder to throw in the air and let their body embrace it.

 

          The angel was the one who dragged Mingyu into the crowd and had their colored powder play in the mid-air. It was so beautiful and stunning! Their bodies and faces were tinted with colors as they dance into the music.

 

          One moment, the crowd formed a big circle in the middle, leaving the clueless travellers and other foreign couples in the middle. They were surprised of the sudden movement by the crowd.

 

It was their tradition to leave a space in the middle of the crowd after throwing powder up in the air to have their mini dance floor, especially for the couples to dance. The crowd kept shouting ‘Dance! Dance!” to the couples trapped in the middle. Some were so shy, so they came back inside the crowd, but a few stayed to enjoy the improvised stage and danced merrily. One of them were Mingyu and Jeonghan.

 

Mingyu:

Time to erase one of JeongGi’s bucket list again.

(He smiled)

Let’s dance!

 

Jeonghan:

No, I’m shy.

 

Mingyu:

C’mon! They won’t remember us anyway.

 

          Mingyu danced jiving with the music. He enjoyed it, while Jeonghan became a statue right beside him.

 

Mingyu:

Ya! You’re spoiling the mood.

 

          He got Jeonghan’s hand and let him spin on his place with his assistance.

 

Mingyu:

Enjoy the night. I bet you will not able to do this anymore when you are alone.

(He smiled handsomely)

 

          Then sometime later, the crowd join them. They danced with people randomly and they were having so much fun. Later on, Jeonghan joined them. He kept on jumping and shouting because he realized that Mingyu was right, so he decided to just be wild while he still could.

 

          Soon after, the song shifted from rock to r&b to pop and then, to ballad. All were surprised; nevertheless, they grouped themselves into two. Their movements became minimal and the ambience became romantic.

 

          On the other hand, Mingyu pulled Jeonghan closer to him, holding his hands.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan-ah… can I have this dance?

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

(He became shy)

What are you thinking, Mingyu-ya?!

 

Mingyu:

Please?

 

Jeonghan:

But we’re both guys.

 

Mingyu:

Who cares?

(He giggled)

Though, I feel sorry for you because I’m gonna be the lead man this night.

(He shrugged his shoulders)

See? I am much taller than you. So you have no other choice.

And besides, you invited me here.

(Pulled him closer)

So, let’s start, pretty boy?

Shall we?

 

Jeonghan:

(He became more shy)

Ya.

(With an embarrassed face)

 

Mingyu:

This won’t hurt you anyway.

 

          Jeognhan couldn’t do anything but to agree. Mingyu pulled Jeonghan closer to him and embraced him. They just dance in place swaying their bodies with the rhythm of the music.

 

          After their short romantic dance, Mingyu pulled Jeonghan out of the crowd because he knew that he was getting shy and besides, he was already hungry.

 

Mingyu:

(He giggled as he observed how cute Jeonghan was)

We’re good now, pretty boy.

Be proud of yourself. We removed another activity from JeongGi’s list.

Let’s eat now. I’m hungry and I know you too.

 

Jeonghan:

I feel embarrassed.

Aigoo.

(Covering his beautiful face)

 

Mingyu:

It’s alright.

See? No one’s recognizes you.

Relax. It’s not that they will publicized everything.

We’re here to enjoy, Jeonghan-ah.

(He smiled)

 

          That night was pretty embarrassing, but Jeonghan included it to his most memorable day because he didn’t know that he could dance in the crowd carelessly.

 

          The next day, Jeonghan asked Mingyu if he could go along to Paris that day because Seungcheol gave a call asking him to go to Paris because their business partner was asking his presence in their meeting tomorrow.

 

Cheol felt sorry for Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol:

Sorry, Hanie ya.

He demanded your presence.

 

Jeonghan:

It’s okay.

Cheol, I’m bringing Mingyu with me.

He’s with me and we’re here in Barcelona. I met Wonwoo here.

(He said excitedly)

 

Seungcheol:

I know. He told me.

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk! That Wonwoo. Can’t he just let me tell those to you?

 

Seungcheol:

The only word he said was he was with you and your new friend. That’s it.

(He smiled)

So, I’ll be waiting for you here to tell me the whole story.

Can I talk to you privately at dinner?

 

Jeonghan:

Sure.

We’ll be right there.

 

-Paris-

 

          Jeonghan and Mingyu arrived in Paris quite early than expected, they went in a simple inn with 5 floors all in all. There room was on 4th floor and the only way up was to take the stairs. Poor tycoon, he had to sacrifice his legs again because there’s no elevator at all. Anyway, he could climb a tall mountain in Sweeden, why not take the challenge of climbing a 4 story building; though, it’s kinda tiring than climbing up a beautiful mountain.

 

They went there first to leave their luggage before they roam around the city. Of course, the food critique would never let the chance to hunt for a good food.  

 

          They passed by a cake shop and it caught the eyes of the wandering talented chef. The cake were wonderful; though, they all looked expensive through their elegant decoration. Nevertheless, Mingyu went inside the bakery dragging his angel along with him.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh!

These cakes are beautiful!

(He was enticed by the appearance of the cakes displayed on the racks.)

I wonder what they taste like.

 

Mingyu:

Let’s taste.

What do you want?

(He smiled)

 

          Fortunately, the prices were not that expensive because it was just a simple bakery / mini café inside the heart of a busy street in Paris. When they went out of the café they were carrying a large box containing different kinds of cake and pastry. They did not eat it inside the restaurant because Mingyu wanted to eat it somewhere- somewhere extraordinaire.

         

          Mingyu asked Jeonghan if they could go back to their inn because that building had similarities to their house in Spello.

 

Mingyu asked the owner if they had attic, so that they could view the city while eating. No one was using it, so the old man led them there.

 

Old Man:

Here you go.

(He opened the door carefully)

It’s not that clean but you can still enjoy the view by the window without worrying about the dust flying to your food, you man.

Enjoy the view!

(He smiled gently.)

 

Mingyu:

Thank you, Monsieur.

(He smiled charmingly)

 

          They were left alone after the old man went down again. Jeonghan was excited, not after that Mingyu was checking the roof and started to go out fearlessly from the window to the roof itself.

 

JeonghaN:

Ya, come back here!

Are you not scared?!

 

Jeonghan was ignored by the busy Mingyu testing the roof.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya!

I said comeback here!

 

Thank goodness, Mingyu heard him. He went back not to follow his angel’s instruction, but to force him out.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan-ah. It’s safe here.

There’s a place where we can eat here.

(He smiled as if there was no danger in his invitation.)

 

Jeonghan:

Are you out of your mind?!

I don’t like.

(He stepped back slowly)

 

Mingyu went in and pulled Jeonghan until they reach the big window- a way out of the world maybe, because one mistake can kill you in an instant.

 

Mingyu:

C’mon, Jeonghan.

It’s safe.

I mean it.

 

Jeonghan:

And I mean it by saying ‘No!’

 

Mingyu:

Please?

 

Of course, the pretty angel was always forced by his handsome demigod and he couldn’t explain why. He gets pissed but he never hated Mingyu for doing that too.

 

Finally, the two were already stepping their feet on the roof. Mingyu was just cool, but the first timer rich business man was so scared upon seeing how high

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter