I Found You!

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Food for the Gods: I Found You!

 

          Once sun had shone upon Mingyu’s face, he obediently opened his eyes as the sun kept on waking him up through his warm rays. He was frowning his brows making his forehead wrinkled as he forced himself to wake up. With his blurry eyes, he tried to identify the mysterious object in front of him. Slowly, his eyes began recovering and he could finally see a clear image. Then, it astonished him, seeing a sleeping angel beside him. His skin was milky white and it was obviously soft; his sleeping eyes displayed his long lashes; and his lips looked like a fresh flower because of its pinkish hue. Mingyu stared at him for a while and smiled.

 

Mingyu:


Perché sei così bella? (Why are you so beautiful?)

(He whispered with a sweet smile.)

 

          The young man didn’t want to be caught by the sleeping angel, so he got up and prepared their breakfast in his own kitchen. After the food was made, Mingyu waited for the lovely foreigner to wake up, but Jeonghan was taking long in sleeping. So, he decided to tell Luisa and Simone first that they’d be out for two days because he wanted to tour him in the vineyard. Without any hesitation, Luisa and Simone allowed him.

 

Luisa:

Carlos, are you in love with him?

(She teased the young man.)

 

Mingyu:

I don’t know. I just think that- that…

He’s just wonderful.

And I think, he needs someone by his side right now.

(He was concerned although he wore a smiling face.)

 

Simone:

(He smiled)

It’s a rare sight to see you that happy, Mingyu.

 

Mingyu:

Really? I’m always happy.

 

Simone:

But not as inspired as these days.

Kid, if you’d love somebody like him. Make sure that he’ll love you back. I don’t want you to get hurt, you know that.

 

Mingyu:

I’m not asking for any return, Zio.

 

Luisa:

Then, don’t let yourself fall in love.

Your Zio is right, you’ll just hurt yourself. And I tell you, it’s painful. Sometimes it’s deadly.

(They reminded the young man of how cruel the world was.)

 

Mingyu:

I’ll watch myself.

Zia? Do you think, he’ll like me too?

 

Luisa:

There’s no doubt, my love.

Just make sure that he’s open with that kind of relationship, since you have different cultures.

 

Mingyu:

(Loses his hope.)

Alright. Yeah.

Never mind.

Maybe it’s just some kind of infatuation.

This will fade away after he leaves.

(He smiled)

It’s just that… it’s rare that somebody… well, except my family, would accept me as who I am… but who knows, maybe he doesn’t fully know me yet, and that’s why.

(He went by the door.)

Zia, do you believe in love at first sight?

Is it true?

 

Luisa:

Why do you ask?

 

Mingyu:

(He smiled)

I hope it’s not true, so I will not worry.

 

Simone:

Tsk! Tsk! Poor child.

(He couldn’t concentrate with his newspaper since he’s listening to the conversation.)

 

Luisa:

Carlos,

(Stopping his nephew to go out.)

Don’t worry, I’m sure if he can’t love you back like what you want to, you already captured his heart and he’ll treasure that forever.

(She smiled)

 

Mingyu:

(He showed a very enthusiastic smile)

I’m fine with that!

 

Luisa:

Make friends, there’s nothing to be afraid of, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Fall in love and have inspiration, but don’t ever let it ruin you.

Take care, my prince.

 

Mingyu:

We will.

Oh! I left you a breakfast on the table.

 

Simone:

Yeah. We know. I can smell it.

(He giggled)

 

Luisa:

Don’t forget the things I ask you to give your mom.

 

Mingyu:

Yeeees!

Thank you, Zia and Zio.

Ti amo! (I love you!)

 

          Mingyu went back to his apartment and saw Jeonghan, waiting for him at the table. All plates were set. When Jeonghan saw him, he smiled and invited him for breakfast.

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s eat?

Good morning, Mingyu! You’re too early to rise this time.

 

Mingyu:

The sun keeps waking me up.

 

Jeonghan:

Is that so?

(Looked at the food served)

I’m hungry… let’s eat now.

(He stated comfortably.)

 

          Mingyu joined him at the table.

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled)

Mingyu, thank you for everything.

It’s been a while since I eat with someone during breakfast. It makes me happy.

 

Mingyu:

Good to hear that.

Jeonghan? Would you like to stay at the winery for two days?

 

Jeonghan:

It’s okay. Why?

 

Mingyu:

I have a lots of activities for us to do. I’m afraid you might not be able to do it in one day because of your weak body.

(He giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

Ya, I’m stronger than you think.

 

Mingyu:

I will offer you a 1 day job, if you’re willing to do that.

 

Jeonghan:

Anything!

(He became confident again)

 

Mingyu:

I don’t expect more from you, Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

You’ll see!

 

Mingyu:

That was what you told me in the farm, Mr. Yoon Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan:

Mr. Kim Mingyu, I believe that I can take your challenge. Remember, I was able to extract some milk from the cow. That was hard though.

(Glared with a fiery yet sweet eyes)

 

Mingyu:

(Giggled)

Then… I’ll trust you.

 

          While having their breakfast, Jeonghan was with his phone again, this time, he was not texting but he’s trying to capture the back of his personal chef, Kim Mingyu, who was getting something in his mini kitchen. Mingyu looked so cool every time he’s in the kitchen, that’s why Jeonghan wanted to capture it. Well, Jeonghan was caught because Mingyu immediately made a turn with a piece of cake on his hands. Jeonghan was startled at first but he still continued doing so.

 

Mingyu:

What are you doing?

(With a bright smile)

 

Jeonghan:

(Honest)

Taking a picture of you.

 

Mingyu:

For?

 

Jeonghan:

Remembrance.

 

Mingyu:

(Felt sad that he would not be staying beside him forever.)

Oh. Until when will you stay here?

 

Jeonghan:

I booked for 1 month.

 

Mingyu:

I see.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu, can I hire you to be my companion?

 

Mingyu:

You can just tell me.

 

Jeonghan:

I think, it will take your time.

 

Mingyu:

Then, I’ll just tell Zio and Zia.

 

Jeonghan:

Well, the places are too far.

(He giggled)

Honestly, it’s very lonely to travel alone, eat alone, and take pictures alone…

I used to be with my little sister when I travel.

(He exposed his sad smile again as he reminisced those moments that he was still with her.)

 

Mingyu:

Why what happened?

If you’re sad, you can tell me anything. If it’s a secret, I’ll keep it in my heart until I die.

 

Jeonghan:

I know.

Thank you.

(Sighed)

She left me last year. She died from Leukemia.

(Released another sigh.)

She suffered from that since she was 5 and she fought well just to be by my side. Because our parents left us early.

(He held his cup of hot coffee and looked at it.)

 

Mingyu:

I know she’s watching you now and I’m sure she’s happy when you are happy.

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled and murmured)

Why is everything seemed to have a touch of her? She really is watching me.

 

Mingyu:

(He couldn’t understand what Jeonghan was saying and offered the milk cake he baked using Jeonghan’s golden 1 litre of milk that took him 3 hours to get it.)

Here, try this.

It’s from the golden milk that you get from the poor cow.

(He smiled warmly.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled back with a grateful expression.)

Thank you, Mingyu-ya.

I really feel that meeting you is my freedom.

 

Mingyu:

Thank you too.

I will not allow you to be sad again during your stay here. If anyone will hurt you back in Korea, just tell me and I’ll be there.

 

Jeonghan:

Do you want to adopt me, instead?

 

Mingyu:

Sure! No problem… but you need to do what I command you.

(He with a giggle.)

Even though you’re older than me. You must follow me.

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s see, if I’m not lazy.

(He chuckled)

 

          Jeonghan took a big bite of the cake. His eyes went big as he chew a soft, fluffy cake. It felt like cloud nine! Of course Jeonghan never let the chance to miss taking a good picture of it under a warm soft natural light.

 

Jeonghan:

You always surprise me, Mingyu!

What do you call this?

 

Mingyu:

Angel cake? I don’t know.

(Unsure of what to call it and decided to just call it based on its appearance which is pure white.)

But it’s not even a cake yet. It’s just a bread with filling. I had no time decorating it because I’m busy.

 

Jeonghan:

I really like this!

It’s milky, I mean… you know… it felt like I’m in a place with pure white soft fluffy clouds around me. It’s a simple taste but it’s special. I don’t know how to explain it into words but… it’s light.

(Still searching for the right word.)

Aigoo~ it frustrates me!

 

          Mingyu found him interesting with his cute gestures and speaking. He just enjoyed viewing Jeonghan’s animated yet gentle expression and laughed every single eye roll Jeonghan made in frustration.

 

Jeonghan:

Anyway. This is great!

 

Mingyu:

Which one do you like the most?

The cheese cake or that ‘Angel bread’?

 

Jeonghan:

Both have unique characteristics. I can’t choose.

It’s like… it’s like you’re giving me a ‘who will you choose, your dad or your mom?’ question. Don’t ask me that again.

(He puffed his cheeks that made him cuter.)

 

Mingyu:

Alright. I won’t ask anymore.

(He giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

I want to bring you home.

 

Mingyu:

(He was surprised)

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

Coz you’re adorable. And I want you to meet Seungkwan and Seungcheol too.

 

Mingyu:

I’ll go there to visit you sometimes. Please take good care of me.

 

Jeonghan:

I will.

Just give me a call.

 

Mingyu:

Alright!

 

Jeonghan:

So! Are you willing to be my guide?

I’ll talk to Zia later.

(He spoke continuously)

Don’t talk anymore!

(Shh-ed him through his point finger on his y lips.)

I’ll get ready so we can get going.

 

          Everything was prepared and as they were about to leave, Mingyu was carrying things with him too.

 

Jeongh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter