First and Last

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please try to hear this song again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuT2JF2kTFM

Enjoy!!!

 

------

 

Food for the Gods: First and Last

 

It’s been years. Jeonghan was living a normal life again; however, he never forgets about Mingyu. That free spirited man would always be in his heart. Now, he was happy with Seungcheol and Seungkwan and Wonwoo with him.

 

Everything was just fine; though, he wasn’t sure if he had already moved on from thinking of Mingyu.

 

It had been three years since Mingyu had left. Sometimes, he just wished that the story behind the ‘Hidden garden of Eros’ was true. So that, if that tale was true, he would travel all his way to Spello each time just to talk to Mingyu.

 

One day, while Jeonghan was alone inside his office, his new secretary, Santiago, knocked to deliver a letter –because Seungkwan was promoted as CFO (chief financial officer) in his office.

 

Santiago was one of those kids he met in Spain. He chose to work under Jeonghan, while his twin was working with Wonwoo in their hometown.

 

The letter says “Meet me at the Lobby. Now!” Jeonghan was shocked by the letter. He thought that maybe Seungkwan was teasing him. Before his secretary went out of the room, he asked the person who gave it.

 

Santiago:

(He smiled)

Oh, sorry sir. I forgot to tell you, but he said his name is Carlos Kim. He said you know him. He’s been pestering me since I came this morning. I don’t know if he knew that I am your secretary but… he seems nice.

(He winked. The boy didn’t recognize the man since it’s been a long time.)

 

Jeonghan:

Carlos Kim?

 

Santiago:

Yes, he’s a tall and handsome guy. He’s waiting for you at the lobby right now.

 

Jeonghan:

Maybe it’s Wonwoo! Tsk! He’s trying to tease me again. Well it’s not funny. He’s usi-

 

Santiago:

Oh, It’s not sir Wonwoo.

(He assured)

 

Jeonghan:

Did you see him (Wonwoo) already?

 

Santiago:

He’s talking to sir Seungcheol at the meeting room.

 

Jeonghan:

Then who-

 

          Jeonghan immediately ran as quick as possible to reach the lobby, holding a piece of Polaroid film with him. He even used the stairs because the elevator was too slow. The lazy angel became sporty all of a sudden. As soon as he saw a dark, handsome, and tall guy leaning on the receptionist’s desk, holding a cake fully decorated with white merengue roses and a letter slid on his pocket. Jeonghan was mesmerized. He thought it was just a dream. He walked slowly towards him with his wide confused eyes.

 

The familiar stranger, on the other hand, looked at him with a smile, and waited for his angel’s embrace. He spread his arms wide open, waiting for Jeonghan to fit into his arms.

 

          Finally, the angel was standing right in front of him with an astounded expression. He couldn’t speak. He couldn’t breathe. He cried and touched the handsome stranger’s face slowly and gently as he cried.

 

Jeonghan:

Are you real?

Mingyu ya…

(Jeonghan’s tears went endlessly down on his face.)

 

          Mingyu wiped Jeonghan’s tears; although, he was crying too.

 

Mingyu:

Yes. I am.

I am real.

I miss you.

(Wiping his angel’s tears.)

I’m sorry.

 

          Mingyu d on Jeonghan’s hand against his skin and he felt that he had touched something that made him so disappointed of himself. He felt sad as he knew that Jeonghan was already wearing a ring on his left hand- and engagement ring. He knew it was already years and he could be probably with someone at the moment. He knew that, but he wanted to give it a try. He knew that if ever it happened, it would cause him so much pain. He was supposed to be prepared. He assumed he was prepared, but he was wrong. It was painful. The pain was too much to handle. Mingyu shed tears forcing a smile on his lips.

 

Mingyu:

I see.

I am late.

(Bowed his head in disappointment with a forced smile on his handsome face.)

 

          It hurts him, but he knew that it was his fault. Mingyu just pulled Jeonghan’s hand and kissed it tenderly. At that moment, it was clear that he was seeing a beautiful diamond ring on his finger.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu ya…

(With a sad face)

 

Mingyu:

It’s okay.

You are engaged now.

(He smiled bitterly)

 

          Jeonghan nodded quietly.

 

Jeonghan:

Yes.

 

Mingyu:

Then… I wish you all the best.

(Looked at the items he had brought)

Here. I- I hope that I managed to… you know,

(Wiped his tears roughly by his sleeves)

I hope this cake is the one you are looking for.

(He cried with so much pain in his heart)

 

          Later on, Seungcheol, Seungkwan, and Wonwoo went down stairs as they saw Jeonghan running like he was being chased by something. Mingyu caught Seungcheol’s eyes and smiled as he surrendered without any hard feeling for anyone. On the other hand, their three friends were astounded seeing him with them.

 

Mingyu:

Is it Seu-

 

          Jeonghan halted his words as he gave him a Polaroid picture capturing two hands. The left hand wore a beautiful engagement ring- the one he’s wearing at the moment.

 

Mingyu:

What was this for?

 

Jeonghan:

Did you forget?

(He smiled)

 

Mingyu:

The what?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes, you did.

 

-Flashback-

 

          While watching the news about the cruise ship and the tanker, Jeonghan received a big box with a bouquet made of bread and merengue. Then, beside the bread bouquet, there was a small package. He opened it and saw a ring with the letter. Not just a ring, it’s an engagement ring with a beautiful diamond embedded on that round accessory.

 

          After a stare on that beautiful item, not because of how beautiful and lavish it was, but because of Mingyu’s purpose of giving that thing to him. He formed a smile on his luxurious lips as he read the letter.

 

Letter

 

I know this is so sudden but I just want to say…

 

I LOVE YOU! I love you so much! You are the person I want to be with for the rest of my life. I haven’t said this properly –actually personally- to you, and… I know you will think of me as crazy, proposing like this or… you would probably think that I am crazy because I want to propose without having a permission to at least date you… but…

 

Ummm… sorry I think I became a coward. But…

 

I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU with all my heart.

 

Jeonghan, WILL YOU MARRY ME?

 

I will wait for your answer.

 

          Wear that ring on your left, I’d be really glad and thankful; however, if you wear that on your right, I will respect your decision. I will accept that I am not the person you wanted to be with. But… can we still be friends?

 

          SEND ME A PICTURE!

 

Please~

 

          Upon reading his short letter, Jeonghan smirked and he immediately got a paper and a marker and write in big bold letters:

 

SEE FOR YOURSELF! YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME. MEET ME AT MY OFFICE!

 

          Then, he sealed it inside an envelope and asked Seungkwan to send it back to Mingyu’s address in Spello.

 

          Seungkwan was quite surprised when Jeonghan took just seconds to make his letter; nevertheless, Seungkwan did not ask anymore question and do what he had to do.

 

-End of flashback-

 

Mingyu:

I did that?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

 

Mingyu:

Oh! That’s why I received a letter from Zia.

Sorry, my memories are still broken, but the first thing I remembered was your beautiful face. I thought I was seeing an angel in my dreams.

(Couldn’t stop staring at Jeonghan with his watery eyes.)

Piece by piece, it was all connected.

I was just confused when I see some things in colored… when I only see dull ones.

(He formed a little smile on his lips)

Anyway…

Will you still accept me?

Did I make it in time?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes. You are just in the right time.

I almost give up.

Good thing I still wear the answer to your question.

You made me cry, you idiot! You made me cry a lot!

I hate you!

Tsk!

 

Mingyu:

I’m so sorry.

(Then he laughed while wiping his tears.)

 

Jeonghan:

What’s funny?

 

Mingyu:

Thank goodness I am still in time.

Well, I think I will have a second proposal.

A live one.

(He smiled handsomely.)

 

He took out the envelope out of his pocket and let Jeonghan open it for himself. On the other hand, Jeonghan received the envelope, and it was obviously not a letter because he could only see some small object inside it through the light, making the envelope a bit opaque. Besides, Mingyu had already given a clue, so he knew it was a ring.

 

Jeonghan:

Will I pretend that I did not know about this?

 

Mingyu:

Can you?

(He giggled)

So I can see your surprised face

 

Jeonghan:

It’s embarrassing, though.

(His cheeks blushed as he laughed out of shyness and excitement at the same time.)

 

Mingyu:

Alright.

 

          Jeonghan opened the envelope and saw a well-made diamond ring. Jeonghan was surprised by the appearance of the ring. It was so sleek and beautiful with the shining diamond, not just one but diamond bits surrounding the gold plated metal.

 

Mingyu:

(Seeing Jeonghan with his surprised expression.)

Are you acting? You are doing great, though.

(He teased)

I thought you’re shy.

(He smiled)

Your acting looks real to me.

(He giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

It’s beautiful!

 

Jeonghan was wearing a sweet smile appreciating the gift he received. Not the ring, but the everlasting love his lover was showering him. That although, they had been separated for many years; given that, so much trials and adventures had happened to their lives, Mingyu still chose to return back to him.

 

Mingyu:

You are more beautiful than that.

Can I borrow it for a while?

Will you-

(Cleared his throat)

I am so nervous.

(He murmured while Jeonghan laughed.)

 

Jeonghan:

C’mon now.

I am waiting.

 

          Jeonghan shamelessly gave his hand to Mingyu.

 

          On the other hand, Mingyu kneeled while keeping his sweet stares to his beloved Angel.


Mingyu:

Will you marry me?

 

Jeonghan:

I will not wait this long if I am not willing to.

I love you.

 

          Jeonghan was the first one to reach and gave Mingyu a sweet passionate kiss. He didn’t care if someone would see them, or what. All he cared was he was happy that Mingyu was back. It’s real! He’s real! He’s alive and he’s with him right now.

 

Jeonghan:

I love you so much, Mingyu ya.

(With his sweet stares on his beloved’s warm gazes.)

My love will never change towards you.

 

Mingyu:

I love you too, Jeonghan.

I will promise to grow my love for you each and every day we are together.

(He gave Jeonghan a sweet peck on his lips.)

I love you.

(Looked at Jeonghan’s face tenderly.)

You are beautiful. Beautiful as ever.

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

 

Mingyu:

You grow your hair.

(He smiled while his partner’s beautiful long hair gently.)

 

Jeonghan:

I promised you that.

(He smiled while his hands were wrapping around Mingyu’s neck. On the other hand, Mingyu’s arms were wrapped around Jeonghan’s waist.)

 

Mingyu:

I was scared that you belonged to someone else now.

 

Jeonghan:

Serves you right! Tsk!

(He teased)

 

Mingyu:

The first thing in my mind was Seungcheol.

Because I knew he loves you from the moment we first talk.

 

Jeonghan:

Well, don’t get mad but I thought it was him too.

(He giggled)

 

-Flashback-

 

          Jeonghan and Seungcheol were working on with their relationship. For Jeonghan, it was his pleasure to be loved by Seungcheol. He wanted to give back the love he was giving him, but the moment he returned back to Spello for the first time after two years. Staying at Mingyu’s humble mini apartment made him realize that Mingyu was the one.

 

          One night, he got curious on the colourful notebooks on Mingyu’s shelves. He got one and began scanning it. In his sketchbook, he saw his own face in every page of it. Jeonghan was amazed, and he loved all of them. He got interested on what was on the others’, so he took every notebook he had and had a look inside. Only to find out that all of those notebooks had his face with his different expression. Some were quite embarrassing, especially when he saw a sketch of him sleeping with his mouth open, and some were whole body with weird poses. He almost tear those apart, but he felt flattered. Though, Mingyu somehow looked like a stalker based on his sketches because he drew every movement that the made. His sketchbook was filled with Jeonghan’s face and scenario right from the 1st day of Jeonghan’s stay.

 

          Meanwhile, Jeonghan noticed that there were sketch books arranged with the same colors on the right side of his cabinet. The arrangement was mirrored to the other one. Again, the curious angel took one and flipped them. In his surprise, it was not him that was drawn in it, but Mingyu. At one page, the chef seemed to be looking on something or somewhere from the side of their kitchen’s window – a window where they could see their customers. Then, when he saw the story written below, he realized that all the sketchbooks were related. Jeonghan arranged the notebooks by color and connect each page together. Finally, after putting them all together, he saw a whole picture and discovered that Mingyu was always fond of staring at Jeonghan.

 

          On the other hand, he didn’t let Mingyu know - or should he say he denied or chose to keep it on himself- that he was fond of staring at Mingyu too ever since he took his first photo using his camera.

 

          Jeonghan didn’t know how to react but he found it sweet. That was when he knew the final answer. The answer to the question, his heart and mind always bug him.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

Jeonghan:

I told him that I think I am in love with someone else.

(He smiled)

 

Mingyu:

I am worried about him.

 

Jeonghan:

He’s fine.

(He giggled)

And don’t worry, we’re still best of friends.

(He winked)

 

Mingyu:

I am sc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter