True Colors

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*How did you know by Gary V. Tim Pavino Ver. 

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuT2JF2kTFM (I think this song is perfect for this story. if you have time, try to listen to this. ;D)

 

Food for the Gods: True Colors

 

          The next morning, Mingyu was disturbed by a call because Jeonghan’s phone was unexpectedly beside him. Jeonghan left his phone charging at the socket beside Mingyu before he got to bed last night after finishing his emails.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan-ah!

Get up! Someone’s calling.

(Mingyu passed the phone to Jeonghan without looking.)

 

          Then, Jeonghan woke up after a little tap using the phone.

 

Jeonghan:

Mmmmm…

(With a lazy voice)

Who is it?

 

Mingyu:

I don’t know. Just answer it.

 

          Jeonghan received the phone from Mingyu and looked at it with a single eye open. Upon looking at the name of the person, he realized that it was already late and he forgot that he had an appointment that morning. It’s a breakfast meeting with Wonwoo! And now he’s doomed.

 

          Wonwoo became his friend when he was elementary. Wonwoo was the son of Jeonghan’s dad’s best friend, and they decided to take them into the same school together.  There, Wonwoo, Jeonghan, and Seungcheol first met and became friends. Wonwoo went to Spain because of his father’s work, so he was not able to go with his best friends upon entering highschool; nevertheless, they keep in touch. Seungcheol visits him some other time and same with Wonwoo. He go to Korea to meet Jeonghan and Seungcheol if he had time.

 

          Jeonghan picked up the phone.

 

Jeonghan:

(He cleared his throat first.)

Good morning Wonwoo-ya~

(With a sweet voice)

 

Wonwoo:

Where are you?

(With an icy cold voice that gave Jeonghan chills)

Don’t tell me you just wake up?

 

Jeonghan:

I am terribly sorry.

I’ll be there right away.

 

          He jumped off the bed, leaving Mingyu behind. He wore his casual clothes without even bathing because he knew that Wonwoo would be angry at him if he’d make him wait any longer. He’s a sweet and caring friend, but he was scarier than Seungcheol.

 

-Inside a Café-

         

          Wonwoo was seated quietly, wearing a sharp eyes looking at his Rolex. When Jeonghan saw him, he froze because he knew that his kind friend was already boiling inside despite his calm expression.

 

Jeonghan:

Hi!

Good morning! It’s been a long time, Wonwoo-ya.

(He made a jolly entrance hoping that he’d be okay after seeing a bright smile.)

 

Wonwoo:

You’re late.

(Jeonghan’s powers did not have any effect on Wonwoo.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Gulped)

Sorry.

(He murmured as he looked down.)

 

Wonwoo:

Order first before we proceed.

 

          Jeonghan ordered quietly because he’s scared of Wonwoo. They stayed quiet for a moment until they got their orders.

 

Wonwoo:

(He smiled)

Long time no see, Jeonghan ah.

How are you and Cheol doing?

 

Jeonghan:

We’re fine.

 

Wonwoo:

Did he…?

(Waiting for some answers that Jeonghan did not yet know.)

 

Jeonghan:

What?

 

Wonwoo:

(Felt bored because he realized that Cheol did not talk to him about it yet.)

Nothing.

(He smiled)

So, the business.

 

Jeonghan:

You can ask me further of my personal life, if you want?

(He sarcastically told Wonwoo what was in his mind because Wonwoo seemed not to care of him in spite the long time they did not see each other.)

 

Wonwoo:

(Laughed)

I already asked you but you have nothing to say.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay, can I ask question to you now?

 

Wonwoo:

Sure.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

How about you, Wonwoo-ya?

(With a gentle sarcastic smile.)

 

Wonwoo:

Fine.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya! Can you elaborate?

 

Wonwoo:

What do you want to know?

 

Jeonghan:

Like, how is your business? Do you have a girlfriend? Do you have… something?! Anything?!

Like that!

(He reprimanded)

 

Wonwoo:

Nothing new, except today that you are late and it pisses me off.

 

Jeonghan:

Fine. I said I’m sorry!

 

Wonwoo:

It’s been a long time since I’ve seen the old and young Jeonghan, Han-ah. Something happened?

 

Jeonghan:

Nothing. I’m free now.

 

Wonwoo:

Yeah, I heard. You are free that you keep Cheol imprisoned with the work you left in Korea. He has his own company, you know.

 

Jeonghan:

(With a straight face)

Are you making me guilty about it?

 

Wonwoo:

(Came close.)

No. I’m happy that you are smiling now.

How did you return to your old childish self?

And who are you with?

Do you have someone to go here? I heard Cheol is in France?

 

Jeonghan:

I am with another friend.

(He smiled)

 

Wonwoo:

Oh. I see. Did Cheol know?

Because for all I know, he won’t allow you to travel alone.

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah. Why?

Want to see him?

He’s a good man.

 

Wonwoo:

And where did you meet him?

 

Jeonghan:

In Spello.

 

Wonwoo:

(Surprised)

He’s a complete stranger then?

 

Jeonghan:

But now, we’re friends.

 

Wonwoo:

He really must be a good guy. You are not the person who will go with someone you just met.

Careful with that guy. He might just want your money.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh, don’t worry. He’s really a good man.

 

Wonwoo:

Did he pay for his own to travel with you?

 

Jeonghan:

Hey, don’t get me wrong.

I am his friend but I asked him to come with me.

 

Wonwoo:

(Become serious and sighed)

So he abuses you?

 

Jeonghan:

No!

I am the one.

And besides, Cheol and Seungkwan met him already and they liked him.

 

Wonwoo:

I see. Bring him here.

I want to see that guy and scold at him.

 

Jeonghan:

Ya!

 

Wonwoo:

(He was curious about something and asked Jeonghan about it immediately.)

Did he made you do that?

(He used his stare to point at his expression.)

 

Jeonghan:

The what?

 

Wonwoo:

Your laughter.

Your childishness.

Your clumsiness.

 

Jeonghan:

What do you mean?

 

Wonwoo:

(He got it already. He knew that maybe that guy Jeonghan was talking about was Cheol’s possible rival.)

Nothing.

Make sure you choose Cheol than that guy.

 

Jeonghan:

Wonwoo ya, I don’t get you.

 

Wonwoo:

Aigoo!

Call him now. I want to see him in person so I can examine him.

 

Jeonghan:

Tsk!

He’s really a good man, I’m telling you.

 

Wonwoo:

Prove it.

(He smirked)

 

          Jeonghan called Mingyu to that place. They waited for him while they were discussing their business in Spain. Jeonghan, Wonwoo, and Seungcheol decided to build up their own business in Spain. They were also talking about some business partnership with Wonwoo’s shareholders in their business.

 

          After a while, Mingyu came and looked for Jeonghan inside every café. Finally, after a few blocks, he saw his angel sitting in front of a young, handsome, Asian looking guy. It was definitely not Seungkwan or Cheol. Mingyu stepped in the café and meet the two of them.

 

Mingyu:

(He flashed his handsome smile and greeted Wonwoo with a handshake)

Hi, sir.

I am Carlos.

 

Wonwoo:

(Took Mingyu’s hands)

Wonwoo.

 

Mingyu:

Nice to meet you sir!

 

Wonwoo:

Have a sit.

 

          From that moment on, Wonwoo was scanning the young man in front of him. Mingyu was certainly handsome and fit. He seemed polite, kind, and simple too. Actually he’s quite plain. His charisma was enough to fill everything he’s lacking. Though, the combination of his clothes were quite off.

 

          On the other hand, Jeonghan was surprised upon seeing Mingyu wearing an olive green pants and a navy blue shirt. It was too flashy. It’s odd; though, it looks perfectly fine on Mingyu because of his looks.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh my.

Ya, what’s with your clothes?

 

          Wonwoo was surprised when Jeonghan talked to him informally; moreover, he used Korean.

 

Wonwoo:

Does he understand Korean?

 

Mingyu:

Ah, yes sir. I am half Korean.

(He smiled)

 

Wonwoo:

I see.

Seat beside me.

(Prevented Jeonghan and him to seat together)

 

Mingyu:

Ah yes, sir.

 

Wonwoo:

Call me Wonwoo. I heard Cheol let you call him by his nickname too.

 

Mingyu:

Okay.

 

Jeonghan:

(With enlarged eyes)

Your clothes are quite flashy, my friend.

(He giggled)

 

Mingyu:

Why?

 

Jeonghan:

You’re wearing an olive green pants and a navy blue shirt.

 

          The clueless Mingyu didn’t get what Jeonghan was trying to say; nevertheless, he didn’t mind since he already wore it.

 

Wonwoo:

Let him be.

That’s what he wanted to wear.

Are you his stylist?

()

 

Mingyu:

I’m sorry. I just can’t identify the colors well.

Is it too flashy?

 

Wonwoo:

It fits you. You’re just like a model wearing an unusual combination of shirt.

Don’t worry. It suits you.

I apologize for my friend’s overreaction. He’s just like that.

Actually, it’s been a while since I’ve seen him like that.

(He called the waiter)

Order now.

(He tested Mingyu of how kind he was.)

 

Mingyu:

(Talked to the waiter beside him.)

One latte and a sandwich. Anything you recommend is okay.

(He smiled)

 

          Meanwhile, he stood up and excused himself. Wonwoo and Jeonghan were surprised with his immediate action and observed him. He went to the counter and asked for water for the three of them. He returned with the water and gave one each.

 

Wonwoo:

Thanks.

 

          Wonwoo was still doubtful and he wanted to know more about him, so he could be sure that Jeonghan would be safe with him.

 

Mingyu:

Wonwoo?

 

          Wonwoo was surprised with Mingyu calling him; moreover, Jeonghan was more surprised when he dared to call Wonwoo.

 

Wonwoo:

Yes?

 

          Mingyu noticed that he’s exposed to the sun because he’s beside the window.

 

Mingyu:

Aren’t you feeling hot because of the sunrays?

(He moved his chair)

Move here.

 

Wonwoo:

Oh, thanks!

 

          He was surprised but he thought he’s observant and considerate. Another surprise was given to Wonwoo when he helped the waitress on delivering their orders. He got curious if Jeonghan was making him slave at some point.

 

Wonwoo:

Did he make you his slave?

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan?

Yeah.

(He giggled)

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter