Letters and Parcels

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Food for the Gods: Letters and Parcels

 

          Seungcheol was the one who fetched Jeonghan at the airport. It was not very visible on his face, but he’s very excited to see his naughty and lazy angel at last. He was wearing a very serious face at the corner like nobody would dare to approach him; however, as soon as he saw Jeonghan coming towards him, his smile was painted all over his face.

 

          Jeonghan approached him and hugged the waiting arms of his lover so tight.

 

Seungcheol:

Good to see you again.

 

Jeonghan:

I know, you are happy to see me.

(He teased)

 

Seungcheol:

More than happy, Jeonghan.

Sorry that I call you here immediately.

I really wanted to give you a good break.

 

Jeonghan:

I should be the one thanking you because you gave me this chance to rest.

 

Seungcheol:

Alright!

Are you ready? (For intensive work again)

 

Jeonghan:

I have no choice, Cheol.

(He sighed and giggled)

 

Seungcheol:

Alright… so let’s go?

 

Jeonghan:

Ummm, Cheol?

(With a nervous face)

 

Seungcheol:

What?

 

Jeonghan:

I-i got m-more… things.

(He smiled awkwardly)

 

          As soon as Jeonghan said that, an airport personnel came to deliver his extra luggage containing those things and some food that he brought after they met in Paris.

 

Jeonghan:

Help me carry those.

 

          In Seungcheol’s disbelief, he suddenly paused as he saw 4 big –not luggages- but boxes. As in very big boxes.

 

Seungcheol:

What the hell are those?

 

Jeonghan:

Souvenirs?

 

Seungcheol:

4 big boxes apart from 4 big boxes we first take home?!

Really?!

 

Jeonghan:

Ummm…. Yeah?

 

Seungcheol:

You are unbelievable Jeonghan!

Oh god!

 

Jeonghan:

Yours is that box.

(Pointed to the second largest box)

 

Seungcheol:

Mine?

You mean, that’s all mine?

 

Jeonghan:

Yes!

 

Seungcheol:

Wow! Thank you.

You don’t have to think of me that much, Jeonghanie… aigoo!

(He laughed)

 

Jeonghan:

(He smirked)

Aren’t you glad?

 

Seungcheol:

Just seeing you makes me glad, Jeonghan. No need for enormous and luxurious things.

You are precious than those.

 

Jeonghan:

Enough of that, Mr. Lover boy. Help me now.

(He smiled)

 

          Jeonghan thought that it was not a bad thing after all. Love and giving chance to others. Well, he guess, he’d just have to go with the flow.

 

          As soon as they get back to work, the level of stress Jeonghan was having, as well as his friends, were high. Higher than the empire estate. It was a lot of work and somehow he was missing Spello so bad. Even his body clock still remembers his morning duties at their restaurant because normally –in Korea, Jeonghan would wake up at around 10 in the morning.

 

          After Jeonghan came back from his journey, he would always wake up at 5 in the morning. Sometimes, he’d panic if he woke up 6 and thought that he was already late for the preparation of opening the restaurant because he’s normally preparing himself for an hour or two. However, after realizing that he was not in Spello anymore, he would let out a big sigh in disappointment. He wanted to go back. He wished for another chance to have a very peaceful again.

 

-Months Later-

 

          Mingyu was always the first one to message Jeonghan; however, sometimes, Jeonghan forgot to reply back. The Adonis of Spello clearly understood that his angel was busy, so he’s making himself busy too -busy inventing and perfecting his cakes and recipes. Sometimes, he took pictures of them to show it to Jeonghan and made him envy. - It’s his way to invite him back again in Spello.

 

          Meanwhile, Jeonghan sent something inside a parcel. Mingyu received it and opened it as soon as he reached his house. In his surprise, inside the box were a pair of chopsticks and spoon with a small bottle of ketchup. Mingyu was confused. When he opened the letter, he saw Jeonghan’s picture inside a restaurant eating with that same utensils he had at the moment. Mingyu read the letter because he was so intrigued of what story he would tell this time.

 

Letter

 

To my dearest Mingyu,

 

          I am here inside a fine dining restaurant in China for a business meeting with a little vacation with Cheol, and I got these for you. As I promise, I will fulfil everything in JeongGi’s list. As you can see, you have Spoon and fork with chopsticks and ketchup. Do you remember that JeongGi wrote ‘break the rule?’ Well, it’s not a major crime so don’t you dare tell the police that I stole those things… you are an accomplice because the items are with you now. Because it’s for you. :D Those were the utensils I used, my beloved human… be glad.

 

Love, Angel.

 

PS.

Take care always, and I must say that I hate you sending those mouth-watering cakes you baked. I really hate you! (Sob) give me those! Tsk! Did you know how much I crave for the cakes you baked? I’m dying and now you are torturing me?!

 

Anyway, take care always my friend. I miss you. Tell Luisa and Simone that I miss them too… And Mateo too.

With hugs and kisses!

 

          Mingyu laughed so hard. He could never imagine Jeonghan stealing –not with his status. He bet that Cheol got nervous of what he did; moreover, he also knew that Cheol had scolded him many times already.

 

 He immediately texted Jeonghan that he received his parcel, and Seungcheol to have an update with them too.

 

          Jeonghan called Mingyu and talked to him with Seungceol beside him. Cheol told him the whole story. He said that he was really embarrassed and scared when he did that. In addition, Jeonghan received scolding the whole day and night for what he had done.

 

          Mingyu was so satisfied and happy upon hearing their stories. That call made him miss Jeonghan more. What Mingyu did was, he wrote a recipe on a paper and sent his picture with his freshly baked cake using his Polaroid and wrote “mmmmm~ so good! Wanna have some?” He also made a bigger version of Polaroid using some ply board and drew the picture Jeonghan sent him with his face somewhere in the background, so that he could join in the picture with them. After sketching, he painted it just exactly as it was. He sealed the envelope with his love and sent it to Jeonghan’s office.

 

          When Jeonghan received it after they had arrived, he opened it and he was confused that he got his picture back, only to find out that it was quite bigger and somehow, Mingyu was in the picture. He scrutinized it and realized that it was a small painting. He liked it so much! It really amazed him how Mingyu would give him laughter even when he’s far away from him; moreover, his admiration for his talent was growing much more for his art with heart was such a splendid work. On the other hand, it spoiled his mood when he saw the cake Mingyu was eating in his second picture. Jeonghan noticed a letter and read it. -Inside it was a recipe and a demand letter.

 

Letter

 

Dear my Angel,

 

          I sent you this recipe. Make it! Update me. Hahahaha! Practice your baking skills when you have time. You promised me that.

 

          Take care and be happy always. Your smile looks prettier.

 

Love Human.

 

          After that, the two began exchanging souvenirs through parcel. Jeonghan would mostly give the picture of his trips (fulfilling JeongGi’s Bucket list) and some things –mostly souvenirs, while Mingyu would send him a copy of the picture Jeonghan sent with his face on the picture plus a recipe and if he could produce a picture of the cake, he would also include that.

 

          One time, Mingyu sent not a picture of his cakes nor recipe. Mingyu sent baby pictures and the baby’s supposed-to-be celebration goodies, which were food -mostly sweets. Jeonghan was really glad upon opening it. He couldn’t help himself to look at Luisa and Simone’s angel several times. Their baby girl was so adorable that he kept on wearing a very endearing smile.

 

Jeonghan:

She’s so adorable.

 

          In total, the box Mingyu sent was full of the cute pictures of Luisa and Simone’s baby girl with some pastries like cookies, bread, brownies, and other sweet delights –sealed properly- that could hold their freshness without spoiling for several days.

 

Mingyu studied his pastries expiration so he could send it to Jeonghan, Seungcheol, and Seungkwan. Each have small boxes full of sweet goodies that they could enjoy. Seungkwan was really glad upon seeing his package, and he immediately tasted it one by one. Seungcheol on the other hand, was also happy with his gifts and thanked him immediately.

 

Jeonghan read the letter Mingyu sent when he reached home.

 

Dear Angel,

 

          I know you are curious about the name of our new family member. She’s Angel. Me, Mateo, Luisa and Simone agreed to give her that name. She’s so pretty just like you, and what makes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter