The Musketeer

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Food for the Gods: The Musketeer

 

          Jeonghan was researching again. Finally, in his own room. He was researching about Spain and when he’s done, he packed all the things he needed to bring. He was doubting to ask Mingyu if he could come because his Uncle and Aunt needed his assistance due to Luisa’s pregnancy; nevertheless, he still invited the young chef, and he went to his room to knock. Mingyu was currently baking something, so he was definitely up. When he heard someone knocking, the busy Adonis opened the door immediately.

 

Jeonghan:

Hi!

 

Mingyu:

Come in.

(With his smile)

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu?

 

Mingyu:

Mmmm?

 

Jeonghan:

If- if you want… can you come with me in Spain tomorrow?

 

Mingyu:

What?

(He was surprised of Jeonghan’s decision once again. He thought he got used to it, but his level was different.)

 

Jeonghan:

If you are busy, I- I can go alone.

(With a shy and cute face.)

 

Mingyu:

I will go with you.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

You sure?

How about Zio and Zia?

 

Mingyu:

Well, Zia asked me to accompany you no matter what. I think Zio can handle things because he’s so inspired.

(He giggled)

 

          Suddenly, Jeonghan smelled a sweet aroma from the kitchen.

 

Jeonghan:

What are you cooking?

 

Mingyu:

A tart and I’m making a banana bread.

You want?

 

Jeonghan:

You know I will not decline food, especially when you made it.

(He smiled)

 

Mingyu:

Alright!

Try the tart first.

Let’s wait for the banana bread.

 

Jeonghan:

You still eat late at night?

 

Mingyu:

Yeah.

 

Jeonghan:

How come you’re not getting fat?

I envy you.

 

Mingyu:

I jog sometimes when I am not busy.

 

          Mingyu was busy pulling out the fruity custard tart out from his refrigerator. He made that that morning, so it was ready to serve. He gave a generous amount of tart to Jeonghan. It looked so delicious!

 

One moment, Jeonghan ran fast to get his camera and took a quick photo of the tart and kept it right away because he knew that the chef would get angry at him. On the other hand, Mingyu let out a sweet laugh because he was mesmerized on how cute Jeonghan acted.

 

          Jeonghan was about to bite the tart when Mingyu made him stop and pause for a second. He teased the young entrepreneur.

 

Mingyu:

Don’t move!

 

          Then, he got his cell phone and took Jeonghan’s photo with it, then laughed. The excitement Jeonghan felt upon eating the tart momentarily stopped.

 

Mingyu:

Nice shot!

(He teased)

 

Jeonghan:

Ya, did you do it on purpose?

 

Mingyu:

Yes. To tease you.

 

Jeonghan:

Right!

 

Mingyu:

You keep the food waiting.

(Pertaining to taking pictures before eating.)

 

Jeonghan:

(A little pissed)

That’s why I just took 1 photo, Mr.!

 

Mingyu:

Okay. Araseo.

I’m sorry.

Now you know the feeling of the food.

(He chuckled)

 

Jeonghan:

(Sighed)

Alright. Alright! You gave me a lesson there, but…

I’ll keep doing that and I promise I’ll be quick.

Promise!

Can I eat now?

(He couldn’t resist Mingyu’s tart. Normally if he got insulted, he’d never taste the food in front of him. But this time, it’s different.)

 

Mingyu:

Sure. Enjoy!

 

          Mingyu wished to bake every day because he had to make a good use of the education Jeonghan gave him. It was the greatest gift of all; moreover, he got to know him more too. Mingyu enjoyed seeing Jeonghan liking everything he cooks for him.

 

          On the other hand, Jeonghan was surprised on how the tart tasted. It’s sweetness was perfect! Once again, Jeonghan’s palate was alive. This time, he savour every bite. The crust were intact and yet soft and easy to eat, and the fillings were so light and refreshing. He felt revitalized.

 

Jeonghan:

This is so good!

I wanna take home some.

 

Mingyu:

You can have the whole big bowl, if you want.

(He smiled)

 

Jeonghan:

I would love too, but don’t you think I’m getting fat?

 

Mingyu:

No.

Bring one whole ramekin with you when you go back to your room.

I’ll give you a loaf of the choco banana bread too.

 

Jeonghan:

I’d love you!

(He laughed)

 

Mingyu:

(Smiled)

Anything for you.

 

          After eating one slice of a refreshing tart, the bread was finally cooked. While it was hot, Mingyu gave him a slice.

 

Mingyu:

Here, have a taste.

I mean enjoy eating!

(He giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

It’s your fault when I got fat!

 

Mingyu:

Fine with me.

 

Jeonghan:

(Gulped)

Gosh! You really want to make me a pig, don’t you?

 

Mingyu:

Hmmm... not to that extent.

(He laughed)

Go ahead and eat, while it’s hot.

 

Jeonghan:

Thanks.

 

          He took a bite and voila! It was really luxurious. The combination of the banana and the cocoa was just right. The bread was soft and fluffy too!

 

Jeonghan:

Wow!

I really envy you!

You’re so talented Mingyu-ya.

Would you like to come with me in Korea?

 

Mingyu:

Sure. I’d be willing too.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu are you sure you want to go with me in Barcelona?

 

Mingyu:

Yeah. I don’t mind.

I wanna be with you as long as I can.

And besides, I promised Seungcheol that I won’t let you go alone.

 

Jeonghan:

Sorry for that, but I’m really glad that you are willing to accompany me.

(He giggled)

I really love your company. It makes me feel a brand new person.

 

Mingyu:

Thank you for that compliment.

And thank you for everything too. I’m having fun too!

 

          The next morning, Mingyu was the one who knocked at Jeonghan’s room. Jeonghan picked up the door for about 30 minutes. He was so lazy to wake up, and his hair was messy. He presented himself like that to his Adonis.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan-ah, aren’t we going to be late?

 

Jeonghan:

No… it’s still…

 

          He checked the wall clock and his blood suddenly came rushing through his veins that kept him alerted.

 

Jeonghan:

Oh god!

 

          Jeonghan rushed into the bathroom and took a bath, then he ran to change his clothes after brushing his teeth. Good thing he packed his things already and they were ready to go!

 

          Mingyu was surprised because he could do all of it for just 10 minutes in total because Jeonghan would usually finish everything, even though, he was rushing for about an hour or more.

 

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s go!

 

Mingyu:

(With a surprised cute face.)

You’re fast!

 

Jeonghan:

Because we needed to go.

C’mon!

 

Mingyu:

Alright.

 

Jeonghan:

(While carrying his heavy luggage down.)

Thank goodness you’re there. My phone didn’t alarm.

(Just then, he looked at the alarm and saw that he had set the alarm at PM.)

Oh boy! What an idiot I am.

(He got pissed by himself.)

 

Mingyu:

What’s wrong?

 

Jeonghan:

I got my alarm at PM.

Aigoo~

 

          They met Simone and Luisa opening the restaurant.

 

Jeonghan:

Buon Giorno!

Zio, Zia I will borrow your nephew again.

 

Luisa:

Sure my dear! Enjoy!

 

Jeonghan:

Thank you.

I love you both!

We’ll be back soon.

 

Simone:

Take your time, angel.

Carlos, take care of him.

 

Mingyu:

(He smiled)

I will.

 

          They kissed the couple on their happy cheeks as they went off and rode a plane instead. While boarding the plane, Mingyu gave Jeonghan a packed sandwich with a bottled fresh juice.

 

Mingyu:

I know this is going to happen, so I prepare something for you.

 

Jeonghan:

(He was surprised; though, he was expecting it.)

Wow!

You’re so kind, chef.

Thank you so much.

 

Jeonghan did not hesitate at all. He grabbed the sandwich and ate it the way he wanted. He care less compared to when he’s on his royal seat in Korea. He felt free and he felt that he was a kid again. Thanks to his kind tourist guide/ friend who was always there for him.

 

Jeongan:

You’re the best!

(Then he burped and felt embarrassed.)

Oops! Sorry.

(He smiled shyly.)

 

Mingyu laughed because of Jeonghan’s cuteness. Then, he saw that his face was messy and he needed to wipe it immediately.

 

Mingyu:

(Acted like a troubled care taker.)

Look at your face!

You are all messy.

(He smiled)

But still beautiful.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu… really? Every time?

(With a straight face)

 

Mingyu:

I can’t help it.

(He chuckled)

 

Mingyu tossed the tissue and again.

 

Mingyu:

Why am I doing this?

You have hands.

 

Jeonghan:

Exactly!

Give me that!

(He grabbed the tissue and wiped his mouth while laughing.)

 

The beautiful tourist couple went to Spain. As soon as they set their feet on Spain, they immediately went to their suite located in the heart of Barcelona.

 

          The two did not waste time and started walking around the beautiful city of Barcelona. They first went to La Sagrada Familia. It was a very intricate structure Jeonghan and Mingyu had ever seen. They took time looking at every detail of the building. But Mingyu did not permit Jeonghan to capture some photos because he wanted him to see the whole view first taking pictures. He recommended to just take a picture as a whole and not per detail because it would take them days before Jeonghan would be satisfied. Surprisingly, Jeonghan took Mingyu’s advice and took around 10 photos of the place and 5 more photos with them in the picture.

 

          Later on, Jeonghan noticed that he felt relaxed minimizing his efforts to take good pictures. It was refreshing to just watch and appreciate the beauty of the place. He tried to get rid of his camera first for a moment and walked with Mingyu around the cathedral. Later on, Mingyu noticed that Jeonghan was mesmerized by the beauty of the architecture, on the other hand, he was busy appreciating Jeonghan’s beautiful face and warm smile. By that time, Mingyu knew that it would be hard for him to let Jeonghan go. He sighed and Jeonghan noticed it.

 

Jeonghan:

You hungry?

 

Mingyu:

(He was surprised)

Nope.

 

Jeonghan:

What’s with that heavy sigh?

 

Mingyu:

I think I will miss you.

 

          Jeonghan was always surprised with Mingyu’s touching and honest speeches and became speechless for a minute.

 

Jeonghan:

Don’t worry. I’ll make sure I’ll come back for you and your family.

I think I will miss you too.

 

Mingyu:

(He smiled but he was somehow sad.)

Okay. I’ll wait for you.

 

Jeonghan:

Sure~!

 

          So the two continued to roam around the city until they reached Las Ramblas street. It was a very free and chill street. Artists and Musicians were all over the place. They enjoyed eating while listening to some music played by a young man right in front of the restaurant. Jeonghan took several photos of them using his phone because he somehow felt tired of using his big DSLR. And took some by his Polaroid too. However, they didn’t know that someone was watching them already.

 

          With Jeonghan’s luxurious appearance with all the jewelries and gadgets on him, he was eyed by pickpockets around the street. In addition to that, he looked like a fragile one too.

 

          Meanwhile, Jeonghan and Mingyu were still walking around the streets, going to some café, listening and watching some performers on the street. Then later on, when they were heading near the harbour. There were young men slowly gathering around them.

 

          One moment, one pointed his knife behind the angel and one at Mingyu’s back. The two felt anxious that time, especially when they asked them to give them their belongings.

 

Young man:

(Behind Jeonghan)

Give me your things. (Speaking in English)

(He whispered)

 

          Jeonghan pretended not to understand what they say.

 

Jeonghan:

I-I don’t understand what you’re saying. (speaking in Korean)

 

          Mingyu was surprised when Jeonghan managed to put an act while in the middle of that critical situation.

 

Mingyu:

Ya, just give them everything! (Spoke in Korean)

 

Jeonghan:

I cannot.

(Pouted his lips)

All my memories are here.

 

Mingyu:

Are they more important than your life?!

(He murmured but he made sure Jeonghan would hear it.)

 

Jeonghan:

(He ignored him)

You want my wallet?

I give you.

(He pretended to speak in broken English when he’s so fluent with it.)

 

Young man:

(Buried his knife onto Jeonghan’s clothes a little deeper where he could feel the blade on his skin.)

Give me everything!

 

Jeonghan:

Wallet? I will give you, yeah?

 

Young man:

(Groaned in impatience)

No! I want everything!

(He shouted)

 

          The two victims were surprised with the boy’s anger, but, Jeonghan continued his acting. On the other hand, Mingyu was very anxious about everything. He thought of a strategy to save them from 5 young men. 3 of them looked like minors and he thought that the two older men were the masterminds. He was checking and calculating everything when Jeonghan took action after saying…

 

Jeonghan:

Run forward at the count of three.

1…2…3!

 

          Mingyu was startled by his command but he managed to run anyway. Mingyu successfully escaped from the grip of the young men who seemed weaker and smaller than him. On the other hand, Jeonghan dropped everything as he charged for some judo/ taekwondo skill he got back in Korea.

 

          The innocent and seemed pure angel had this dangerous skill behind his sleeves. He immediately turned his back to get the boy’s hand and twisted it as he gave him two knee kicks on his stomachs. The three minors ran, while the other young man came to rescue his friend as he charged his knife to the sweet looking angel.

 

          Meanwhile, Mingyu saw him and rescue his strong angel who seemed to evolve as his guardian angel wearing his armour and shield that time. The tall man grabbed the hand of the other attacker, twisted it, and kicked him away. Unfortunately, the Italian/ Korean man got a slash on his precious arm; nevertheless, he managed to knock him out with a single power punch. Then, he ran to Jeonghan who was struggling to lock the other criminal’s strong arms.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu-ya, please help me!

(He cried)

 

          Jeonghan’s power was not effective when handling people for a long time. He could attack but he couldn’t hold the person long after catching him/ her.      

 

          To the rescue, the man with a strong built came to hold Jeonghan’s big catch. Then, that was the time when Jeonghan ran cowardly at Mingyu’s back. He was trembling that time and he seemed getting weaker as his knees were giving up. Although, he fought well, it still gave him a fright.

 

Mingyu:

(He smiled)

Go and call the police.

(He looked at his precious no-wings guardian angel)

I didn’t know you can do that?

(He giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

(Panting)

Yeah. I don’t know either.

 

Mingyu:

How did you do that?

 

Jeonghan:

I don’t know. Don’t ask me.

 

Mingyu:

You’re stronger than I thought.

 

Jeonghan:

Let’s bring them to the police now.

God! My hands are shaking.

(Looked at his trembling hands)

 

Mingyu:

You alright?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

 

          Jeonghan was spacing out because he didn’t know that he could do that thing in the first place. He didn’t know that he’d really execute it in real life.

 

Mingyu:

(He was worried because Jeonghan was still panting and shaking)

You okay?

 

Jeonghan:

Yeah.

(Shoved his hair)

Yeah. Sure!

I’m really nervous!

 

Mingyu:

You surprised me!

C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter