Evaluation

Food for the Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Food for the Gods: Evaluation

 

 

          Mingyu and Jeonghan came back to their suite peacefully yet exhausted because of all the baggage they had to carry. They had to prepare for their next activity tomorrow which was going to a pastry and chocolate school for a week.

 

While waiting for Mingyu to finish washing his body, the tycoon was busy on his phone again. He was busy chatting with his friends and sending out their pictures to them. Seungkwan and Seungcheol felt really happy when they saw Jeonghan wearing his genuine smile at last. While chatting, Mingyu went out of the bathroom. As usual, he witnessed Jeonghan focusing at his phone, and he was somehow immune to him.

 

On the other hand, Jeonghan asked Mingyu to answer some test for color blind people to identify which color he was struggling to identify to. He tried it too, out of curiosity, and let Mingyu take it after.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu, don’t get mad at me with this.

(He presented his laptop with the test.)

I just want to know your condition.

I tried that colorblind test already.

(He smiled and winked.)

 

Mingyu:

What for?

 

Jeonghan:

I would just like to identify the colors you can’t see.

 

Mingyu:

Alright.

(He chuckled)

 

Jeonghan:

(He smiled while chatting)

Mingyu-ya, the boys are excited to meet you next next week. Especially Seungkwan. He’s looking forward to your cooking.

 

Mingyu:

Okay.

Will they stay at Spello?

 

Jeonghan:

I still don’t know with their busy schedule.

 

Mingyu:

Wow! So you’re not busy then?

(He laughed as he with his sarcastic tone.)

 

Jeonghan:

Ummmm… You can say that.

(He laughed)

 

Mingyu:

Alright.

(Looked at Jeonghan’s laptop as he was ready to take the test; however, something popped out on the email section.)

Hey, someone emailed you!

 

Jeonghan:

He can wait. Finish what you are doing first.

(He winked)

I can’t wait to see the result.

 

Mingyu:

Okay.

(For a while he became quiet as he was taking the test seriously.)

 

          After taking the test, the result that came out was, he got the ‘Deuteranopia. which means, he couldn’t identify reds. Jeonghan take note of the result and typed it in his phone so that he couldn’t forget.

 

Later on, Jeonghan was about to say good night to Cheol because he was going to take a shower when Seungcheol replied…

 

Seungcheol:

Let’s talk privately as soon as we meet. This is important.

 

Jeonghan:

Okay.

 

          Jeonghan was used to Seungcheol’s words but it’s just that, at that moment when he indicated the urgency of the talk, he was thinking that, it was all about probably their company matters and thought that he’d soon end up his happy vacation for work again.

 

          After taking a long shower, Mingyu had already fallen asleep waiting for his angel to come out of the bathroom. He became tired of thinking that Jeonghan might get flushed on the toilet bowl or whatsoever.

 

When Jeonghan spotted the sleeping Korean half Italian man, he took interest in his handsome sleeping tour guide’s face and took a photo of him with his Polaroid. He was not contented with the quality of his Polaroid, so he took his DSLR to capture how soft Mingyu could be while sleeping. When he took a good photo with his unconscious model, which took him a number of click and change of angle because he wasn’t that sure if he took the angle right, he finally went back to his laptop. Then, after replying to the irritating emails, he decided to search for Spain. He thought that he’d like it to be their next destination; though, he didn’t know if Mingyu would accompany him because it was too far. He was afraid that Mingyu was feeling awkward because he was the one who’s paying everything and that was why Mingyu was offering to pay for something too. Anyhow, whether Mingyu liked it or not, he would insist.

 

          The next morning, Mingyu woke up very early. It was usual but this time, he went out to buy some fresh tuna, tomatoes, lettuce, herbs and other seasoning. He also bought fruits. Then, he went to a bakery to buy some freshly baked loaf. The loaf smelled good, fresh from the traditional fireplace for baking. The aroma smelled so good that Mingyu couldn’t prevent himself from having a bite from the hot loaf in a paper bag.

 

          When he arrived, the sleepy CEO was still on his bed, savoring every minute he had to spend with the fluffy bed. By then, Chef Carlos started making their breakfast. He toasted the bread after making his special-packed-with-love sandwich spread. He made a tuna sandwich which, without a doubt, a lazy, classy tycoon would love.

 

Despite the simple ingredients, Mingyu’s cooking was sure a masterpiece. He prepared the food well and served everything on the table beautifully together with the freshly squeezed fruit juice. Everything was ready and it’s time to wake his master up, but no need for that, because his cooking already invited his costumer to the table.

 

          Jeonghan walked wearing his sleepy eyes and dreaming mind to the kitchen alone. He was drawn by the aroma of their breakfast without any second thoughts of returning back to his bed. It seemed like, his stomach became his alarm clock now. He walked slowly at the table pulling a chair with a bright smile and greeted Mingyu with his lazy voice.

 

Jeonghan:

Good morning, Chef Carlos!

 

          Mingyu was surprised because, for the first time, Jeonghan did not wait for his alarm clock to ring; in addition, he went without further inner fight with himself if he would asked for more minutes and double the time to prepare or wake up early and stroll around lazily.

 

Mingyu:

Woah! You surprised me!

 

Jeonghan:

Why because I wake up early?

 

Mingyu:

(As usual, the cheesy, romantic chef, strike again.)

Because I see an angel hungry from the food I made.

 

Jeonghan:

Right!

(He rolled his eyes)

Let’s eat!

Thank you for the food, Fhef!

You’re the best!

(He got the sandwich by his hand immediately and took a big bite.)

 

Mingyu:

Enjoy, Angel.

 

Jeonghan:

I will.

 

          Jeonghan took a sip on his fresh juice while enjoying his sandwich. He felt like he’s inside a 5 star hotel with Mingyu’s quality cooking that made his mouth complimented him endlessly. Jeonghan noticed that he finished everything Mingyu made for him. He didn’t know why. Maybe he was getting used to it or maybe it was just amazing how they taste.

 

          When they ate outside, he couldn’t finish some of them; as a result, he’d just give it to Mingyu, which made him angry because he ordered the food but he didn’t finish it. He was used to his nagging and he tried his best to finish everything, but there were times that he didn’t like the food and leave it on his plate. On the other hand, Mingyu was okay with everything.

 

          When they were dressing up, Jeonghan noticed that Mingyu finished so fast. He checked on his outfit and saw how loud and bizarre his color combinations were. Well, given the fact that he’s colorblind, but somehow, it weirdly looked good on him because of his handsome face and y long structure. Jeonghan wore a sweet smile as he approached him.

 

Jeonghan:

Mingyu-ya, I know you are handsome, but let me help you with your clothes. Okay?

(He smiled)

 

Mingyu:

Why? Is it weird?

 

Jeonghan:

It’s okay because you look like a model with such a creative style, but let’s tone down a little bit.

         

          Jeonghan was chuckling while Mingyu was searching for his clothes. Mingyu was so adorable in Jeonghan’s eyes, and he knew that he’d miss him so much when he’d go back to Korea.

 

Meanwhile Mingyu exposed the clothes that he had in his luggage. In Jeonghan’s surprise, he only brought 2 pairs of T-shirt and 2 pairs of Long sleeves, not including the one he was already wearing. On the top of that, he only had a total of three pants. The other one was on the dry rack at the moment.

 

Jeonghan:

You only brought those with you?

 

Mingyu:

Why? Do I need to prepare more?

 

Jeonghan:

I mean…

We’re travelling, you know?

(He was still dumbfounded)

 

          Jeonghan was amazed on how Mingyu thinks. For all his life, he couldn’t imagine that he’d bring a little amount of clothes staying for an almost two week stay. He didn’t know how he could live with those amount of clothes while travelling. He was really astonished with Mingyu’s innocent smile.

 

Jeonghan:

Daebak, Mingyu!

(With a blank face.)

 

          After a long disbelief stare, he started choosing from Mingyu’s clothes, and since he had nothing much, Jeonghan was able to choose immediately. So they came out and went to their school by walking.

 

While walking, Jeonghan thought that he could teach Mingyu some basics in photography, which he learned just a few months ago by a friend. Well, photography is not just taking some pictures by clicking one button. It was complicated that made Mingyu lose his nuts.

 

Mingyu:

Jeonghan-ah, I can’t really comprehend.

(He chuckled)

 

Jeonghan:

Because it’s your first time. I had a lot of trouble too since I am not into arts, but…

 

Mingyu:

Maybe I’ll study that when we got back to Spello.

 

Jeonghan:

Alright.

(He giggled)

Ah, Mingyu?

 

Mingyu:

Hmmm?

 

Jeonghan:

Can you call me hyung?

 

Mingyu:

What for?

Are you offended?

 

Jeonghan:

Nope. Just once, because sometimes I feel that you’re older than me.

(He smiled sweetly.)

Because you’re so reliable.

 

Mingyun:

I don’t want.

 

Jeonghan:

(He was a little disappointed.)

Why?!

(He whined)

 

Mingyu:

(He chuckled)

Because you’re like a baby to me.

 

Jeonghan:

I’m offended by that. What do you mean?

(He puffed his cheeks)

 

Mingyu:

See?

You’re acting like one sometimes.

Aigoo~

(Pinched his cheeks)

You’re so cute!

 

Jeonghan:

Stop that!

(With his frowning brows and annoyed face.)

 

Mingyu:

Alright.

 

Jeonghan:

Kim Mingyu! How can you be so manly in your age?

 

Mingyu;

Hmmmm… maybe because I found someone that needs to rely on me at the moment.

(Looked at him sincerely.)

 

Jeonghan:

(Smiled)

Then, should I call you hyung?

 

Mingyu:

If it doesn’t hurt your pride. 

(He giggled)

 

Jeonghan:

That will hurt a lot, imma!

 

Finally, they arrived at the gates of the school. They found their classroom and met students from different countries and make friends, but the two stick together like glue that no one could ever separate the both of them.

 

There were at least 16 of them who enrolled in the short course. While waiting for their professor, Jeonghan was looking around the classroom because he was scanning every brand and materials inside that place, he took a photo on his phone and sent it to Seungkwan and Cheol. He told them that he wanted that kind of setting inside his house, so that he could bake when he’s not busy. However, his friends asked him when is his ‘supposed-to-be-not-busy day’ and Jeonghan’s dream died right away as he realized that he was too busy to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter