Chapter 6

Baby, You are my Star...

Author's POV

Jay and Chaerin opened the door to Chaerin's apartment only to find Bom, Dara, and Minzy sitting on the couch watching tv. They both stopped in their tracks as soon as they saw them. Dara heard someone come in and turned towards the door. She immediately smiled once she saw Chaerin but it fell just as fast when she saw the guy behind her.

"Chaerin-ah, who's that?" she said pointing to Jay. She smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Oh... uhh... him? Uhh he's a... a tutor! Yeah a tutor!"

Dara narrowed her eyes at Chaerin not believing her.

"..... Okayyyy...." she said uneasily.

The other cirls got curious and turned to look at Chaerin. The three wore suspicious faces so Chaerin awkwardly smiled and pulled Jay to the kitchen. Once they were out of earshot, Chaerin leaned on the counter for support and heaved a sigh. Jay looked at her, amused.

"What?" She asked. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Nothing."

"Whatever. Come on, we have to start preparing food. Those girls are NOT pretty when they're hungry."

"Wait, what are they're names??"

"The short haired one is Minzy, the brown haired one is Dara, and the red-headed one is Bom.  Got it? Alright, let's get to work. He nodded and we quickly went to work.

>>

The food was ready and Chaerin and Jay served the girls.

"Here everyone! Eat well!" CL beamed as she gave the food to her friends.

"Waahhh!! This is delicious Unnie!" Minzy said giving CL a thumbs up.

"It is! DAEBAK!! I didn't know you could cook!" Bom exclaimed.

"Me too!" Dara chimed. Chaerin smiled sheepishly.

"Well umm... actually... I didn't cook it......... Jay did." Chaerin turned around only to find Jay wasn't there.

I wonder where he went... she thought but shrugged it off.

~~~~~~~~~

Jay's POV

After Chaerin served her friends, I went back to the kitchen to clean. Cuz that's just how awesome I am. I cooked of course so I had to clean and I didn't want to leave a bad impression on people. Yeah, that's right I have manners!

As I was finishing up, Chaerin walked in.

"Oh! Jay-ssi, you didn't have to clean up." She tried to grab the towel I was holding but I stopped her. I smiled.

"It's okay! I'm almost done anyways." She nodded and let me finish. When I was done I followed her to the living room with the rest of the girls who looked like they were going to burst.

"Waahh!! I'm so full!" said Dara who was clutching her stomach. I smiled.

"Well, I'm glad you guys enjoyed Chaerin's cooking!" I lied. Dara looked at me.

"Ehhh! Geogitmal! Chaerin already told us you cooked it." I smiled shyly and rubbed the back of my neck.

"Ah, really?" she nodded. Suddenly Chaerin spoke.

"Oh yeah, why are you guys here anyways?"

"Well, we were going to see your apartment but... I guess you had other plans." Bom replied eyeing me at the last part. I looked at Chaerin who looked calm unlike before.

"Ani, he's just tutoring me, like I said earlier." Bom nodded.

"Mhhmm...."

"So now that you guys saw it...." Chaerin trailed off letting the girls figure it out. Surprisingly I was quiet this whole time. Minzy groaned.

"Arrasuh, arrasuh. We'll go now." She said getting up. "Come one, unnie. Gaja!" Dara and Bom scowled at Minzy but got up anyway. Chaerin and I walked the three of them to the door.

"Annyeong unnies! Come back soon!" she said.

"Don't worry. We'll be back!" Minzy called behind her.  We waited until they got in the elevator before going back inside.

~~~~~~~~~

Chaerin's POv

Whew! That was close! Gosh I hate it when they ask questions. I walked to the living room and flopped on the couch throwing my head back and closing my eyes. I wanted some peace and quiet but a few minutes later I heard some clinking. I looked up and saw that Jay was cleaning up the leftover dishes. I cocked my head to the side.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Well, what does it look like I'm doing?" I glared at him but stood up and tried to help him. "No, sit back down and I'll clean up the rest." I didn't argue and did as I was told.

A good ten minutes passed before I opened my eyes and everything was cleaned. Even the tutoring stuff he bought had been laid out on the table. I widened my eyes and kneeled down in front of the table.

"Jay-ssi!" I called. I heard a call from the kitchen

"Ne?" he called back.

"What is all this?!" He popped out of the kitchen carrying a tray of drinks and snacks.

"Those are the things I'm gonna be teaching you with." He sat down beside me placing the tray in the middle. It was a comfortable kind of close though.

"Yeah but--"

"No but's." he said cutting me off. But... where did he get this stuff from anyways?!  I pouted.

"Here...." He grabbed a random book from the pile. "Let's start with this." I raised and eyebrow.

"Math?" He nodded.

"Are you any good at it?" He scoffed.

"I am a master." I laughed. I nodded and we started our lesson.

>>

We've been sitting for hours and we were almost done. As we were finishing up I realized how close our faces had been and I suddenly jerked back causing me to fall on my back. Jay-ssi stood and gave me a hand.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I looked at his hand and hesitated  before taking it. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He laughed showing his amazing smile. WTF?!

"You know, you should be more careful." I scowled at him.

"Sure. Well anyways, thanks for tutoring me." He smiled again.

"Yeah, no problem. When do you wanna start your song?" I thought about it for a moment and grinned.

"Soon!" he gave me a blank look.

"Fine." I chuckled.

We cleaned up our little workplace and I walked Jay to the door since he was my neighbor afterall. I leaned on the doorframe crossing my arms.

"Thanks again." He lifted his hands seeming like he was reaching for something but dropped them back to his side. He smiled and walked in to his apartment. I waited until he closed the door before going inside and laying back down on the couch and taking a nap.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jay's POV

I walked to my couch and sat down. I reached inside my pocket and pulled out a necklace. It was simple yet elegant.

I sighed and set the necklace on the table in front of me. I don't know why I bought it actually. I picked it up and paid for it when she wasn't looking. I guess I'll give to her another time. 

I stood up and walked to the kitchen grabbing some water. I walked back to the couch staring at the necklace until I fell asleep.

_______________________________

Ew. I though this was a short chapter. Well hope you guys enjoyed it!!

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!! <3 I LOVE YOUZZ!!